Little One in Trouble
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are you saying little girl? What do you mean by Hiya fell in cave?" I questioned her.

The little girl was weeping, "Yes, chief. Hiya told us that she wanted to look for something for your birthday. We went in the northern forest in search of golden lily for your birthday present. But there was a monster."

"Monster not wild beast?" questioned Chief Amitabha.

The girl's feet started trembling, she spoke, "It spoke in our tongue."

Chief Amitabha, "As soon as I heard the statement, 'it spoke in our tongue' I knew little Hiya was in deep trouble. Without wasting any time, I ordered a guard to call for Officer Ray's father and told him to meet me at the entrance of the northern forest."

Shiva intervened, "Does wild beast speak human language?"

Officer Ray replied to Shiva, "Yes but also no, only evolved wild beasts can speak, we called them EvoBeast. When a wild beast lives for a few centuries, it gains enough IQ and chakra and it learns how to cultivate the chakra on its own and after going through life and death trial, it may evolve into EvoBeast."

"Chief you assumed it must be an EvoBeast when the little girl mentioned about the 'spoke'." Said Shiva.

"Yes," said Chief Amitabha, "The village is surrounded by northern forest, southern hill tops, west side is used for entrance and the eastern side is covered by the jungle. Usually high level wild beasts reside in the eastern jungle; only low level wild beasts roam in the northern forest. Sometimes high level beast comes in northern forest in search of food but EvoBeast is a legend, only rumors can be heard, no hard evidence has been found until now. An EvoBeast suddenly appearing in a forest is very unlikely and unimaginable. In the last five hundred years, nothing like this happened. But there was another possibility that I didn't want to think of."

Shiva with a curious face, *Another possibility, what that might be.*

Chief Amitabha continued, "As the commotion increased within garden, Jiya came out from inner house and asked me what did happen? I explained the situation and asked her to come with me at once. She rushed toward my study room and brought her old Spell Book. The carriage was already waiting outside; we got up and ordered the coachman to ride at full speed to northern forest. It took us fifteen minutes to reach the entrance. Jiya's face clearly showed sign of fear. I held her hands on mine and tried to comfort her. Officer Ray's father reached before us with his guards. I told him and his men to follow me. As we entered the forest, I stated what happened, ordered them to form a search party and scattered around the forest. My wife and I paired up. We headed for the centre of the forest. 

We were almost at the centre when we heard a strange growling. We followed the strange noise and ended up at a cave. It was more like a rabbit burrow than cave. The inside was hollow and there were several holes on the ground. From the view of it, it was all connected to each other, a giant maze. Another strange growl came from inside. Jiya told me to wait outside and wait for others to come. I am not a warrior, so it'll be more troublesome for her. She jumped in the tunnel, it was dark inside. She brought the light crystal from her bag and lit it up. She called for Hiya several time.

After calling her name few more times, an echo came, 'mother I'm here. Please save me.' It was Hiya's voice. Jiya told me that she was going in. Officer Ray's father came in a moment after Jiya moved in. I told him all that happened and he ordered his paired soldier to protect me and he jumped in the darkness without wasting any moment. I was afraid and my feet were shaking. I felt so powerless at that moment. There wasn't anything for me to do except relying on them."

Shiva enquired, "What did happen after that?"

"As I was waiting for them," continued Chief Amitabha "a sound of explosion came in from the tunnel. A battle had been started. Another explosion and a growl also at the same time. Then it suddenly became quiet. The sky started to fill with stormy clouds; I knew it was Jiya's spell. All of a sudden a lightning struck on the ground and left it split open. The shock wave spread, my legs started to shake and I fell on the ground. The upper layer of the tunnel crumbled into pieces. And the inside now is exposed. The view was devastating. A dust screen blocked the view where the thunder stroked. I made a run for the open space. 

I started screaming their name, 'Jiya', 'Hiya' 'can you hear me?' 'Where are you?' When I reached the site a chill passed down from my spine. It was not an EvoBeast, it was something much more evil. A wild beast but his body consisted part of other wild beasts. Head of a blood bear, body of a red eye gorilla, and lower portion of a blood wolf. It was a chimera demon. In the city library, I read about it. A low level demon possesses different types of wild beasts to create a body. I looked at the left side of the creature and saw Office Ray's father was lying on the ground, his one hand was ripped from shoulder and he was guarding little Hiya with his body. 

The other soldiers came following the explosion sound. I went to him and called for him. But both of them were unconscious. I ordered the soldier to take them to the hospital. But I couldn't find Jiya anywhere. I grew restless, started to dig though the chunks of stone. There was no sign of Hiya. I kept digging and looking for her but left no stone unturned but all in vain. I sat down on the ground hopelessly. That's when something shiny reflected on my eyes, I set my eyes on that. It was on the hand of the Chimera. I moved closer to it and my heart stopped for a moment, it was not possible. It was Hiya's 'Mangalasutra' (A jewelry that Hindu married women's wear on neck. Mangala means Holy and Sutra means Thread)"

0