Mother’s Love
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The little open space suddenly felt like an ocean, there atmosphere was suffocating, as if someone was choking us. A voice spoke, 'lowly humans, be my food.' Its voice was like a broken instrument. The light from crystal wasn't enough; we hardly could see its body. A wild beast, but wild beast doesn't speak.

Jiya took out another crystal and threw it in the direction from where the voice came. "Who's there?"

As the crystal light fell on the ground, our eyes halted at the ominous figure. What in the name of the almighty is that thing? A wild beast, I never seen a mutated wild beast. Its presence was enough to put fear in heart. The thing I never imagined in my life was then in front of me. My legs started to shake. I felt my hand heavy, when I looked at Hiya, she already fell unconscious due to the pressure and suffocation. Only three words came out from my mouth, "What are you?"

It spoke, "Khi khi, who am I? You lowly human don't know my greatness."

Jiya took her spell book in hand, "Answer, or it'll be end for you."

Although Jiya threatened the creature, I saw fear in her face.

"Khi khi, my food is threatening me. Khi khi, but I can hear you heart beat pumping fast. You are scared my food." Said the creature.

Jiya, "Officer, please take Hiya and run. I'll make an escape route for you."

The creature smirked, "Khi khi, run, yes run as fast as you want. I'll hunt you down; in the end you will go in my belly."

Jiya knew we all would not be able to make it out of here alive; someone had to stay as bait. I pulled out my sword and told her, "Ma'am I will stay back, please take little Hiya and escape from here."

As soon as I finished talking, it started charging at Jiya. 

"Yes, you evil monster, come at me." Jiya opened her spell book and chanted a word and a ball of flame appeared in her hand.

The creature stopped his advancement and said, "khi khi, I have heard of humans using magic. You are one of the people that called Adventurer."

Jiya slowly moved and came in front of me, "Don't come closer you evil being. Let us go and I won't hurt you."

The creature started laughing, "khi khi, you won't hurt me, a big talk for a lowly human. Come, take a shot. I'll give you a chance to hit me. Try, khi khi."

I heard a voice in my head, "Office I am going to use an illusion spell and smoke screen. Take this chance and run with little Hiya. And don't look back; keep running until you reach outside."

She used telepathy to send me her thoughts. I knew I was no match for it. If it was possible I would want to save them both. But I was powerless in front of it. I took little Hiya in my shoulder and stepped back a little. I slapped myself hard in cheek to regain my senses.

"Alright, I'll kill you with my strongest spell." Jiya chanted a line of mantra and the whole space filled with smoke.

'Now run officer, I put an invisible spell on you. It won't be able to see you. Hurry and run.' Jiya's word ringed in my head.

The nearest path was almost 20 paces from me; it would take 5-6 if I run at full speed. I held little Hiya tightly and dashed in the midst of smoke.

15 pace, 10 pace… a little more but I bumped into something, a wall. But there wasn't any wall there, I spotted the path and run straight for it. 

"You tried to fool me", an angry voice spoke, "But I can't let you go, khi khi, it has been long, since I tasted human flesh."

It was the creature, "How did you saw through my illusion and smoke screen" Jiya said.

"Khi khi, a low level illusion spell. You played foul with me. Don't worry I'll give you another chance but because of you foolishness you have to compensate."

The ground shook and a force wave cleared the smoke screen in an instant.

"Impossible, with just a punch you dispelled the smoke screen." Said Jiya with a terrified face.

"Khi khi, you boy, you were running from my plate. How could I let go of my food." 

I saw a big hand approaching me, I put little Hiya on the ground and took my sword. As soon as the hand of that creature came closer I used my full strength to strike in its hand. But it was meaningless; it grabbed me and lifted me in the air, "What is this? A toothpick, khi khi. The last punch made me hungry. Let me have a little snack before main course. Khi khi."

Before I realized anything, it torn my right hand and put it in his mouth. I screamed in pain.

"khi khi, you don't taste good, this little human on ground might taste better." It dropped me in the ground. I was lying in the pool of blood. I could hardly lift my face because of the extreme pain and blood loss. It was reaching its hand for little Hiya.

"Hiya" Jiya shouted.

And a fire ball burst in the creature's face.

"Don't come to my daughter. I am warning you."

"Khi khi, what was that? A matchstick. Khi khi, alright I will give you another chance as I promised. Come take your best shot; save your daughter if you can."

I reached in my pocket and brought out the healing potion and drank it. The blood loss stopped. *I have to protect little Hiya.* I dragged my body on the ground, leaving blood trail behind. I held little Hiya with my body.

Jiya face became serious and she started chanted mantra. Her surrounding became heavy, her chakra power started to increase. I looked at her and her whole body was covered with a green aura. She was casting a high level spell. 

"Khi khi, come. Shoot your best shot."

I saw a something enveloped me and little Hiya. A protection barrier. 

Another voice ringed in my head, "Officer, Tell Hiya that her mother loves her very much. And I am sorry that I wasn't able to teach her magic. Please protect her and get her safely outside."

I looked at Jiya. My eyes were blurry. I was losing consciousness. Blood… Blood was coming out from Jiya's eyes.

"You filthy woman, this spell, blood sacrifice spell…" the creature dashed and grabbed Jiya in its hand.

And after that a thunder rumbled and all I saw a bright flash and I fell unconscious.

0