Prologue
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Every time I close my eyes there is this dream…

All that I see in the dream is my mother, who runs somewhere with me in her hands.

All that I hear is a noise of siren. Loud and irritating. A noise so loud that I start to… to cry? I feel tears on my cheeks, and feel how my mother runs away from something. I feel scared. No, terrified.

All those people, running and shouting something. Fleeing from an unknown threat. I am just a child, too young to understand the words. But I do feel. A weird feeling of death and suffering. I can`t see dead bodies, nor hear an agony. That is because I feel that whatever the cause, it is still far away…

A flash. As strong as if the sun was shining there.

A blast. Strong enough to tear apart houses around me.

A wave of heat. Hot enough to melt steel.

I did not die, but that was the only thing I wished for.

I was lying in my mother`s arms. Unable to move. Unable to scream. Unable to see. But able to feel the pain.

A second, another… Time flows very slowly, with each second being as long as eternity…

I inhaled and my throat felt like in fire. No, it is burning. With each breath more hot air and dust enters the throat.

Suddenly the pain stops… All that remains is me feeling… cold…

I open my eyes only to see a blue sky.

I lie in green sea of grass. Safe and alive. My daydream stopped with a boy`s shout.

“Hey! Stop sleeping, or I`ll go to the temple without you!”

“My apologies. I am already going.” I say.

1