Ch 8. The wolves (Updated)
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry was leading the way. He has more experience than me so if something bad was about to happen we will have a chance to fight back.

The trail marked on a map given by the guild was wrong. We lost two hours just trying to figure out the correct trail to wolf den. Our plans were about to become useless because if we'll have to fight the wolves at night, we really might die.

Luckily we found the target before the sunset. At a glance there were only five wolves but gut told me there should be more.

“There are more inside. Should be twice as many.” Harry has the same opinion.

“What are we going to do?” (George)

“I'll let you make a plan. Of course I'll correct you if something is wrong.” (Harry)

“We will make some noise outside and draw wolves out of the den, then slaughter them. How does that sound?” (George)

“We should try to reduce the amount of enemies we face…” (Harry)

I was not discouraged yet. Planning continued. After many flawless garbage plans I made up something workable.

“We shall force them towards the entrance of their cave. You will shield me from them while I burn them with magic.” (George)

“Works for me. I just hope your magic is better than nothing.” Harry had some worries but decided to follow this plan.

A well-prepared battle is a half-won battle. We placed our supplies in a place where we can find them after everything is finished then we started to approach the wolves.

“They grouped near the entrance. I guess we'll rush in and force them towards their cave. That way only a few should remain outside.” (Harry)

“Wonder if we can handle them. It should be simple, right?” (George)

“You will be on your own. I'll have to block the ones inside the cave.” (Harry)

Good luck to both of us.” Whispered I as we were finally in position to attack.


Harry ran towards the cave like a ram. With a huge shield in one hand and a sword in the other he was unstoppable. All wolves in his way were killed immediately. Three wolves survived the initial rush and it was my duty to take care of them.

While the beasts were still recovering from the shock I attacked them.

The first was easy kill. My short sword immediately found the beast's neck. With a pained howl wolf fell down and bled to death soon after. Only two remain.

One of the two rushed towards Harry's unprotected back. So did I and somehow I was able to reach my companion faster to block the wolf's claws with my sword. It may not be much but at least I won myself some time.

My enemies were close enough to leap at me so I was expecting them to attack. But while they were hesitating I stroke first. I wounded one of them and the other bit my arm. Luckily it was chewing my leather bracer. With the sword's strike I slit its throat. One wounded wolf remains. For a moment. I slashed its head and then thrusted my sword into the wolf's side.

All that time Harry was holding the beasts which tried to get out of their lair. Now that I finished enemies outside Harry could start pushing the wolves back. We were ready to clear the wolves' den.

0