Ch 10. The unwanted companion (Updated)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BANG

A loud sound followed the dragon's death. Even if it was a young dragon it still was powerful.

[Impossible! To kill a dragon with just one attack? What kind of magic was that?]

While we were shocked by the surrealistic sight in front of us, a girl came closer.

“You are a couple of lucky bastards.” She looked young, about 14 years old. What caught my attention immediately was her face. It was too perfect to be real. I mean, her face really had no flaws.

With her snow-white hair and slender figure she is like a doll. However, her clothes are suited not for her beauty but for a fight. Green dress has leather pieces on chest and small metal plates around her body. On her arms are simple leather bracers, and here legs are covered with metal plates sewn into her dress.

While we were fascinated, she was still a dangerous stranger.

Who are you? And what are you doing here?” I voiced my concern.

“Does it matter? I already saved your bacon.” She shrugged her shoulders and responded.

'How..?' Harry's voice was as silent as whisper. I only understood what he was meaning because he was pointing at the dead dragon.

“Like this…” She raised her right arm in which I saw a weird object. A tube with wooden handle and some metal pieces on its side. “Bang!” She said while pointing the tube towards the body.

Ha-ha-ha!” Suddenly she started laughing. “Just look at your faces!” She kept laughing.

I looked at Harry, he was looking at me as well. Now I understood the reason. We both were goggling with mouths wide open.

“Where will you go?” Asked girl, after somehow containing her laughter.

Why should we tell you?” (Harry)

“Because I saved you, killed that dragon, and you surely were not just hiking here…” (Girl)

“I don`t get it.” (George)

Money, my good dummy. Or do you think I do not deserve my share for your mission? Or you are thinking you could've taken on that reptile by yourself?” She said calmly but kept taunting us.

I looked at Harry ‘What are we going to do?’. He shrugged ‘How would I know’. Girl looked at me and smiled ‘You have no choice’.

“Ok, you won. You can come with us but don't expect that we will just hand you all of our reward!” (George)

“Fine by me, I could use a guide to the closest town.” (Girl)


Our unwanted companion was just trailing behind while humming something.

For now she was not causing any trouble, however, I was expecting the worst possible outcome. She was way too suspicious. To easily kill a dragon, to show up conveniently when we were attacked… I just can`t imagine that she really is that strong to slaughter a monster. Or that she really was just passing by in the middle of nowhere, far away from any trail, and somehow walked right into that cave right when the dragon showed up.

You~ wanna~ ask~ me~ something~ then~ go~ ahead~...” She hummed me.

“You know my question.” (George)

No~! Pervert~! I won`t tell you the color of my underwear~!” (Girl)

[What is the connection between THIS and the reality?] I got a headache just after a couple of seconds.

Listen, weirdo. Just tell us how you ended up there.” (Harry)

Answering, weirdo. Just telling you that I walked into you.” (Girl)

“It doesn't sound convincing.” (George)

Neither it should. I am stating that I walked into you. Why would I follow you bunch into the middle of a forest? I have other s* to do.” (Girl)

“Then if you have nothing to do with us, could you go away already?” (Harry)

“Alright, pay me for saving you and I'll head my way.” (Girl)

Our conversation ended as suddenly as it started.

0