1. A blessing in disguise?
125 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know what I hate the most?

It's those stupid wanna be hero. You may be wondering why I'm even saying this in the first place.

Well, because I got stab by one of them. His answer to his crime?

"You tried to rape a beautiful lady!"

Oh, and did I forget to mention. The lady was trying to pickpocket my wallet, which I was luckily able to stop in time. But then...

"RAPE! HELP ME! THIS MAN IS TRYING TO RAPE ME! HELP SOMEONE!"

At that moment I already knew what was up. I tried to explained that she was trying to steal my wallet. But then, some dumb ass came out of no where and stabbed me in the gut. The rest you already know.

Anyways, what happened next was the cop coming to check in on what was going on. I walked over to one of the officer clutching my bleeding stomach. But, before I could even get close to the officer to show him my wound. The lady began to scream, while clutching onto the wanna be hero.

"Thank you! For saving me from that rapist!"

Her tone was especially loud on the rapist part, which already gave the idea of what had transpire.

I tried once again speaking to the officer of what happened, but he only held out his hand as if to silence me, and quickly walked over to the now sobbing lady. Her acting was so convincing that even I felt a little bad.

The officer then raised one of his arms and patted her back as if sympathizing with her.

"I will bring justice for you."

At the officer's words. I only stood there dumbstruck at what I was seeing. The crowed, and even the officers that came here was clearly on her side.

When I tried to approach the officer determine to tell the truth. I was instead stopped once again. Not by the charming lady, but by the orders of the head officers to have me apprehended.

"What did I even do?!"

I yelled in defiance, while slowly being dragged to the police car. The injure inflicted by the wanna be hero started to worsen as now the bleed could seen pouring a little bit more.

Within seconds I was already dragged over to where the car was as I was too weak to even resist, and forcefully shoved into the passgener seat where criminal were suppose to sit. But, when I turned around one last time to see what was going on outside. 

I saw the lady whispering to the officer who had his hand around her still. His facial expression soon morph into pleasure, which I assumed that the lady must have promised him something. My suspicion was correct as I saw that the officers eyes that looked like gentle wave when looking at the charming lady was now a raging tide when looking at me.

Right away I knew something was very wrong. It seems like I wouldn't be having a good time at all.

After a few minutes of the officer comforting the lady. He walked over to the car, and got inside.

"Officer, I need to go to the hospital. I don't feel too well."

I know this may seem like a trick and all, but I really didn't feel good at all. Instead I was starting to get woozy and lightheaded. I think the knife might have went through a vital organ.

"Shut up. Your not going anyways until I get answers from you!"

Anger began to surge through me, since I knew that I did nothing wrong. All of this started because of the lady, and now I was being frame for something I never even did.

"She was the one who started it! She was the one who tried to pickpocket my wallet! I'm innocent!"

I yelled at the top of lung as if to express this injustice. But, of course this officer was another wanna be hero ignored it and didn't let up.

"Bullshit! You better tell the truth or straight to jail you go!"

"I am telling the truth!"

I knew he wanted me to confess that I was rapist, since he couldn't really put me in jail without a reason. Plus I didn't even do anything wrong, so why should I even go to jail in the first place?

"Alright, guess we're doing this the hard way then."

His tone was like a splashed of cold water, since it sounded like a sinister plot was about to be unfold. I tried to ask what he meant by that, but I was just ignored as he began to drive far away from the city and pretty soon we reached our destination. It was a mountain filled with all sorts of wildlife. Though, we aren't really here to look for any wild life.

I already had an idea of what was going on but decided that it was best stay quiet. 

"Move."

The officer order me to get out and so I did. If I resisted then that would just give more of a reason for me to go to jail. But, when I started walking again. My head felt even more dizzy, and my balance began to deteriorate was I was stumbling every step that I took.

We soon reached a cliff, and I immediately knew a hundred percent that I was going to be silence. Not by the law, but by death.

"Now, I'm going to ask you one more time. Did you attempt to rape her?"

At first the fear of death was on my mind, but hearing his question to the incident from before broke something me in. After all he was only doing this in order show off to the charming lady.

Screw this crap!

I opened up my mouth and spat at his face, before jumping off the cliff.

"Screw all of this crap! There is no justice in this world!"

My voiced ringed out one last time, as I could feel the wind passing through me at lightening speed, and soon after the sensation of all my bones and muscle being crushed by gravity came racing through my mind. Though, even if it was was only for a split second. It still hurt like hell. Then came the darkness that I had expected, since jumping off that cliff. Thus ending my normal life.

But among the darkness, I saw a blue highlighted message.

[User has met the require condition. Thus the system will now initiate the protocol set by ???]

[Transportation to Hub will now commence. All injuries will now be repaired. Welcome to the Hub User!]

A strange message appeared for a split second and vanished not long after. Then came a chattering of voices which was quite odd to me. Wasn't I dead?

"Aye! Another newcomer."

The voice sounded like an man that had the tone of welcoming a new co-worker. Though it startled me as I wasn't too sure of what was going on.

I open my eyes as to see who was talking to me and soon found him.

It was middle age man who standing just a few meter from me, while also holding two bottles. One was opened, while the other still had a cap.

"Where am I?"

"Your at the Hub of course. Didn't you hear the system tell you that?"

"Do you mean the blue highlighted message that I saw?"

The man nodded his head before walking closer to me, and once he was within arms reach. He held out the unopened can for me.

"Do you want a drink?"

"No, I'm okay. I have a couple question though."

At my response he only nodded and turned to a corner of a section that had quite a few numbers who people who were sitting together or alone.

"I'm guessing you have a lot of question. Let's talk over a drink. Though, I'll only be drinking."

The man gesture me to follow him and I did so without much hesitation. When we finally found an opened table we both sat down together. By the time we reached our table. One of the can that he had opened earlier was already done. He then opened up the second one, which he had planned on giving it to me and started chugging it down. It was only after the can was almost finish did he put it down.

"The name's Jack. How can old Jack help you?"

There were all sorts of question that I wanted to ask. But decided that it was best to get the most important one out of the way.

"How am I still alive? Aren't I dead, or is this the afterlife?"

Jack's eyes slightly opened to my response before taking a sip of the can once more before responding.

"So, your a Riser huh?

"A Riser?"

Jack sighed before muttering some words that I couldn't hear before finally speaking again.

"There are many different ways to enter *this* place. One of those ways is by dying unfairly. We call those people here Riser. Though, we don't usually get them that often."

"What is this place then?"

"I'm honestly not sure. In my eyes I see this place as a test."

"A test?"

Jack nodded before taking another sip.

"Ah. I forgot, your a newcomer, so you haven't had your mission yet. Guess I should go over that before anything else."

"Missions?"

"Yes. We all get mission that are assigned by the system. Which we all have to complete if we have to survive."

"What happens if you don't complete it?"

"You die. It's as simple as that. But, if you do complete it. Then you will get a certain amount of currency depending on the mission, which you can then use to buy armor, weapons, and etc. Heck, even this cup of can cost money."

If what Jack is telling me is true. Then wasn't like this just like a game?

"Also, if your thinking that this is simply just a game where you can just revive if you die. Your wrong. If you die. You die for good."

I wanted to ask more question, but before I could. I sudden got a notification, which was a blue highlighted message that now displayed a new message.

"Guess time is up. Well newcomer. Hopefully I'll see you again. That is if your still alive."

Jack spoke one last time before fiddling with something in the air with his finger. As I was about to ask what he was doing. He vanish out of thin air leaving me all alone once again. I looked down at the message that I had got and saw what Jack meant by missions.

[Missions]
1. Save a Charming priest from one goblins.
2. Save a Cute Mermaid from a group of pirate.
3. Save a Pretty Princess stuck from a dragon.
4. Defeat a group skeleton.

*Sigh*

"I'm already feeling the headache."

 

 

4