Chapter I
104 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

( I have a bit of writer's block on my other story, so I'm writing this down since it keeps invading my mind)

KIA'S POV

"Ugh, I got fired again." I complained as she sucked down my soda. Siera was watching something on her phone as she lazily replied back.

"Well, it was a cosplay cafe and there aren't very many characters with your....shape that is popular among people." I sighed as I poked my belly fat. I knew that I was over weight and that was probably the reason as to why I never had a boyfriend in my 28 years of life.

"Still though, I could have been moved to the back and become a cook. They didn't have to out right fire me." 

"Kia, I worked there in the past before, you would not have been able to move around well with the other cooks in that small space. How much do you weigh now? 350?"

"280 thank you very much. I KNOW that I'm fat. I've tried all kinds of diets and workouts to slim down, but I know myself as well. If there's no one working out with me I don't get very motivated to actually exercise." Exercising was hard enough when it was by myself, but at least I could get off my ass to work out when another person with me. Diets was never really an option either since I enjoyed the taste of food too much.

"Well, either way, it's not healthy to be that big. You need to do something if you want to live a nice long life with all of us." Siera said, her eyes still locked on her phone's screen. I couldn't help but look at her with slight envy in my heart. Siera was tall, thin, and beautiful. Her shoulder-length blonde was shiny and bouncy while her baby-blue eyes had a constant teary look in them. Most guys around her keep stealing glances with blushes on their faces. I could understand though, Siera had this damsel in distress look about her that made everyone want to protect her. While you have me over here with long dark brown hair, eyes, and pale skin from staying inside to read books too much..... and yes, don't mention my weight.

"I think I'm gonna head on home for the day, job searching takes a while."

"It only takes a while if you're picky, which you are."

"Hey, is it my fault that there aren't many bookstores hiring?"

"No, but it IS your fault that, that's the ONLY job you want."

"Shut up."

"Love you, too."

After saying my good-byes, I headed on home and with a heavy heart. I really did like the cosplay cafe job, but the characters I was able to play were never popular with the customers. If I was skinnier I could have been Tifa Lockhart, or Kagome, or something instead to showed off my anime knowledge to play them right. Sighing, I unlocked my door and made my way to the bedroom just to fall face first on my bed. After getting fired and having that conversation I wasn't feeling very motivated to do anything other than sleep.

'Maybe that's all I need. A quick nap and then I can search for a new job.' I thought as I drifted off to dreamland...or at least I thought so until I started to hear some sort of voice speaking near me. 'I live alone, so who the hell?' Opening my eyes, I was startled to see bright green eyes so close to my face. I scooted back to gain some distance and saw that the eyes belonged to some random guy with teal colored hair and a big smile.

"Welcome to Gaia!"

"......huh?"

1