The wailling mist forest
320 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A sunny day, not that much unusual in this time of the year. Life follows its natural course arounf the world in every directions. Fate continue to play jokes on many and smile while gazing down upon the struggles of the stubborns. As if it ever mattered whether they fought or not.

High in the sky, the sun shone in all its splendour and majesty. It seemed that it would never die and light the day forever. However, despite being the brightest in the sky, it was still not the most impressive as one could see two huge sun hanging in the sky.

One yellow sun, and a bigger blue sun

From the ancient records, it was said that there was once only one sun in the world. But after a fierce battle between the heroes the world and a powerful devil that threatened to bring down destruction, the blue sun was raised in the sky after sealing the fierce devil inside of it as an infernal prison. A sun made of true breath fire.

It was said that the devil was so strong that it couldn't be killed. However the heroes of the world gathered to fight and sealed the devil where he would endlessly suffer from the fire of the highest grade. The blue sun would be a reminder for the later generation to never forget the fallen heroes and strive for the peak of cultivation as one day, the devil would break out of the seal and bring down destruction in the world once again.

As such, there has always been two sun in the sky. The two had become the source of strength of cultivation for some experts specialising in fire. Beside a number of particular places which follow their own rules, the light of the two sun reached every corners of the world.

The wailing mist forest was one of the place that did not allow the light of the two sun to reach its inner part. Purplish mist was constantly filling the air of the forest at night. Nobody knew where the light that illuminated the inside of the forest came from but once the light of the day shine on it, the purplish mist would mysteriously disappear.

Ancient trees towered one after an other, the feeling of danger constantly swirling around, capable of making anyone difficult to calm down. As one of the most dangerous location of the nine kingdom territory, people rarely ventured inside the wailling mist forest as it was filled with terrifying vicious and cruel demon beasts.

At this time, the usual calm of the outer ring of the wailling mist forest was suddenly disturbed by a serie of whistling sounds and the rustling of leaves.

Two different groups of people were shuffling through the air at full speed, rushing toward the direction of the exit of the forest. One group behind, chasing after the other as they kept closing in like a pack of hungry wolf filled with intense killing intent.

There were around eight to nine people in this group. Each wearing black robe that flapped in the wind while holding on their sharp swords. Every one of them had their faces covered with a silver mask that gave a chill down the spine of anyone that looked at it. Only the one in the lead, who seemed to be the leader did not cover his face.

The leader's face was cold and dark. His eyes merciless as he stubbornly stared at a frail figure being carryied by a middle aged man in the group at the front. The leader curved his lips into a cold and vicious smile. Killing intent flashed through his eyes.

A mission that should have been easy to accomplish turned out to be much more difficult. His mood was low and grave as he thought of their damages. To think that they still have not been able to kill that damn trash. It would be a great lost of face if he were to fail this mission as the young master seemed to be highly concerned about this mission.

"Do not let any one of them escape this time. Kill that boy at all cost" the leader ordered coldly while keeping his eyes forward.

No answer comes from the group of silver masked man behind him, however their killing intents boiled even stronger. Each one of theirs movement seemed to be synchronized while maintaining constant distance between each other in their formation.

The group speed shot up and the distance between the two side started getting smaller with every passing second. In a short while, they would catch up again, but this time the other's tactic of gaining time would not have much effect anymore .

The leader eyes were fixed straight ahead as he locked his sight at the frail figure protected in the middle of the group in the front. His target. The leader grinned as hint of red flashed through his eyes.

A young man around seventeen years old, a frail body with an average high. An innocent face that did not seem to realize yet the truth of the world. A real image of a generic arrogant young master of a rich faction.

At this moment, that young man did not have any of the pride or mannerisms fitting of that of a high above young master anymore. His hair was hanging loosely on his shoulder and looked messy. His expensive clothes teared up like that of a beggar. His whole body covered with countless wounds as blood tainted his already disheveled clothes.

His complexion was pale as paper as if all the blood have been drained out of his face. His mouth covered with blood, coughing continuously as he held gently at his chest where there was a terrifying large sword wound that kept oozing blood.

Each time he coughed, blood spread out from his mouth. The inside of his body burn like his internal organs were lit on fire. The pain causing him to cough and groans every moment.

As he was being carried away, his body felt so soft that he did not have much strength left on him to flee the danger by himself. However fortunately for him he didn't need to exerted any strength and only let his body be carried by his guard.

The young man's handsome face was filled with panic and terror as he thought of the danger he just went through. His heart was beating fast, drumming against his chest like Hummer. However once his eyes landed on the glowing yellow fruit in his right hand, his eyes could not help but sparkle as strength seemed to suddenly flood his body once again.

His body trembled slightly as for a moment he even forgot the actual danger. His heart beat even faster, but this time with excitement. He wished he could just teleport and appears in front of her now.

For this coctis quenching fruit, everything is worth it. The long trip, the danger and everything is Worth it. With this, xian'er will finally look my way and immediately fall in love. She will smile at me.

The young man was thinking inwardly with a dumb smile on his face, his eyes unfocused as flew into his own world. He already seemed to see xian'er coddled inside his armed, with a sweet smile in his lips. How heavenly, How blissful.

While being in his own world of fantasy, the young man's body suddenly shuddered. A series of coughing strucke him again bringing him back from his dream while reminding him of the pain in his body. Blood spread out of his mouth as he reach pushed his left hand to covert it.

The young man's eyes flashes with confusion for a brief moment, then he suddenly felt an intense killing intent locking him from the back while rushing toward him like s raging tide. This killing intents was filled with a savage meaning like one of a wild beast.

The young man's body trembled and then like thinking of something, his expression turned pale again, blood drained out of his face as handsome face turned ugly due to the fear and panic. The strength left his body once more and his hearts raced, which only made his coughing even worse.

The middle aged guard carrying the young man's body watched at this scene from the corner of his eyes. He can't help but sigh when he look at his young Lord. His heart wss filled with pain and bitterness.

The young lord mood have been changing non stop from the beginning. Each time he see the yellow fruit, his mood will fly into excitement for a brief moment, however once he felt the killing intents in the back he would come back to himself again and panic.

His mood seemed to be enable to stay calm, changing continuously without him even realizing it. But his right hand still strongly held at the fruit, while hugging it in his chest like it was the greatest treasure in the world.

He seemed ready to protect this fruit no matter the cost even if he had to pay with his life. The middle aged man sighed again.

Everything they went through was for only for this fruit that young lord promised to offer to xian'er for her breakthrough. When he think about the danger, his body can't help but tremble.

If anything were to happen to the young lord, he doesn't really know how he will face the old Lord in the neither world.

Everyone can die but not the lord. No matter what, even if they all have to pay with their own lives, the young lord must safely return to the clan.

Thinking about how he could not protect the young lord previously, his anger shot up as his eyes seemed to flare. That damn cursed monkey.

The middle aged man wished he could cut it into thousands pieces, peel its skin, eat its flesh and drink its blood. If he could curse it to million deaths of agony, that would still not have been enough to stop his anger.

Especially when he thought about the smug look which seemed to be well portrayed on the face of that damn monkey even though he could not understand demon beast language. His blood boiled and he could feel a trace of sweet on his mouth but forced the blood back to his throat and forcefully pressed down the anger that threaten to explode at anytime.

At that time, they had managed to sneak in the bear demon beast cave to steal one of the fruit of the coctis quenching tree. A spirit fruit that could refine the body and even manage to get some precious grasses and herbs while the bear demon beast was sleeping.

However this damn monkey came out of nowhere and messed up their good deed. It seemed to have interest on their group and had followed them everywhere. And since they could not get rid of it they just left it be.

It sneakly followed them to the cave of the bear demon beast and decided to just watch first, even though their were wary of the monkey but since it didn't try anything funny everyone ignored it.

Yet only when they managed to have what they wanted the damn monkey seemed to suddenly have gone crazy and started screaming. What is more, it suddenly attacked blocking their way out.

The damned monkey was so strong that everyone was dumbfounded by his strength as they realized it was just messing around with them before. In this exchange, everyone of the guard present were more or less wounded by the monkey and when the bear demon beast finally woke up and found some of his treasure stolen, everything went down to hell.

The damn monkey had a smug look that transcended the border of species as the group of guards looked at it withdrawing as soon as the bear demon beast started rampaging in anger. It seemed to be enjoying their bitter struggle.

With the price of a few injury and broken bones, they have managed to hold back the bear demon beast and made way for the young lord to to retreat. However right at that moment, suddenly a group of black robed man with silver mask charged out of the trees and attacked them instantly. What is more, the attack specifically aimed at the young lord.

The leader of the black robed group and also the one with the highest cultivation rushed fast straight to the young lord and before anyone could react, slashed the young lord head on in the chest with his powered sword a full strength.

Without enough time to intervene the middle aged guard could only watch with fright and despair as his young lord was cut down, blood spreading out in the the sky.

With the young lord first spirit veins opening cultivation, there was no way in hell he would be able to evade that sword. Much less survive a head on full strength attack of a middle shedding stage cultivator if not for his special physic.

While everyone was dumbfounded by the fact that the young lord actually survive that strike, the middle aged guard reacted fast and managed to secure the young lord before anyone could take anymore action and directly flee.

With that one ambush, most of the young lord guard were killed, therefore the middle aged man did not even think about fighting now. This seemed to be a well prepared ambush, they should definitely know about their strength. If the group of silver masked man's focus was not only placed on the young lord but everyone else then they would have most likely been directly annihilated by that one ambush.

Thinking here, the middle aged guard did not try anything and retreat directly. As such, the chase began. And as expected, the group of back robed people were well trained and organized. Slowly, they were closing the distance between the two side and started a series of attack.

In order to gain time and allow the young lord to escape, some guards would actually willingly sacrifice themselves to hold the group of silver masked man even for a moment. Every time the other group reached them, some the guards would step up. This happened so many time that at this moment, there were only three people remaining around the young lord.

The middle aged man heart stung with a knife stabbing pain every times it happened. His eyes were moist and filled with a heart breaking pain. Everyone of those guards have accompanied him for countless years. They were more than brothers to him.

He has personally chosen them for this trip yet now he could only watch as they sacrifice themselves one by one. He could not even bear to look at them and only look straight forward and keep rushing the young lord while giving them a silent farewell.

His whole body was filled with anger and a heaven shaking killing intent. But all of it were pressed firmly down inside his heart with a strong will. Because the young lord's safety came first.

The other two guards behind him had a sad and ugly expression on their faces. A number of wounds could be seen on their bodies after going through the various clashes against the other group.

When they look back and saw the group of silver masked men closing in again, their face can not help but sunk to the bottom. There were still some distance before reaching the exit of the outer ring of the forest, and they were also exhausted after fighting for so long.

"There is still some distance before reaching the exit of the forest. At this rate, we won't be able to make it out before they catch up" the guard on the left side said resignedly.

"Just a little more. Just a little more we should be able to make it out of here. Damn" the guard on the right cursed faintly. His face dark and heavy.

"They know it too" the guard on the left nodded " that is why they will comes at us with everything this time. But they becomes harder to deal with the more we face them"

"Yes, Something is not right with all this" the guard in the right said darkly. His expression pale and anxious. Blood oozing out of various places of his body but did not give at thought as he channelled all the spiritual qi inside his body to move faster.

"This can't be a simple coincidence. This group of black robed people knew very well of the strength and weakness of our formations and tactics. Even our individual strength seemed to be early anticipated. They known too much about us for it to be a simple coincidence." The guard on the left said while glancing behind his shoulder at the group of black robed people.

"It definitely must be them." The guard on the right gritted his teeth. His eyes bloodshot as anger exploded inside his heart. "Those four clan bloodlines. they really could not wait anymore. Even after everything the Lord had done for them in the past" the guard in the right gritted his teeth as he spoke. His eyes filled with hate and killing intents.

"Those ungrateful bastard. They really are tired of living"

"We made sure that no one in the clan knew about this trip. We sneaked out and only brought a small number of guards. We couldn't have attracted any attention. How come they knew of our situation? And even prepared an ambush for us." The guard in the left wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth. His body didn't pause the slightest as he sped forward.

The middle aged guard in the middle carrying the young Lord stayed silent. The air around him was cold and static. His eyes calm and focused in front of him. However if one looked closely, they could see that the calm seemed to hide an terrifying storm that could break out at any moment.

The middle aged guard tried his with every effort to stay silence and calm at this moment. True, when only his trusted people know the detail of their trip. But he could not imagines anyone of them betraying him. No, not just him. All the other guard and even the lord.

There was no one else he trusted more than this group of people that have accompanied him for countless years. He can't even phantoms the thought of any one of them betraying them now no matter what. But there really is no other explanation than that. So the middle aged man stayed silent. His heart burning with fire.

But just at this time, the young lord who had his mind absorbed by the fruit in the hands suddenly lifted his head. He blinked twice as he seemed to think of something after the word of the other two guard brought his attention.

"Oh..the plan ?... I also told xian'er. She ...she knows i'm bringing her ..the..fruit...I promised her" the young Lord looked flatly at the two guard while stuttering. He even had to make grimaces on his face to form words from his mouth.

As he spoke, his chest stung him with pain causing him to cough again. His face turned even paler, throbbing vein could be seen on top of his head. Just speaking a little seemed to cause him pain in his chest.

The head of the two guard whipped sround and stared at the young lord at the same time. The muscles on their faces twitched as their expression stiffened with wide opened eyes. Dumbfounded as they look at the young lord in disbelief.

The middle aged man body trembled for a moment as he almost felt down, his sturdy step missed and stumbled, hurting his ankle a little but rapidly recovered his balance and studying himself.

But this simple moment of lost of concentration cost them dearly as the group of silver masked mang took the chance to greatly close the distance between the two sides.

The eyes of the black robed leader flashed and he fiercely swung his long black sword forward. His movement sharp, swift and fast cutting towards the group in the front. His eyes that was always staring the other movement did not let any chance slip by.

Light flashed, a big white sword qi shot out of his sword. The air screeched as the sword energy easily cut through it and headed straight with an imposing momentum.

Feeling the danger, the faces of the two guards changed as they directly come to their sense. Their body reacted fast, flickering in the air. Each one dodging toward a different direction while maintaining their course toward the exit.

The middle aged guard also dodged at the last minutes and regaining his footing soon afterward. He did not stop for a moment speeding forward.

The sword qi cleanly cut through many trees before heavily crashing on the ground while sending rubbles flying in every direction. A cloud of smoke spread in the air as big hole appeared on the ground.

The two guard moved back again behind the middle aged man as they charged forward. All of their faces were dark and bitter.

The group of black robed people were closing on them and at some point of time they would have been close enough to fire sword qi at them after they had reached their firing range. It had been this way from the beginning but they still had some distance before that could happen.

But just for that single moment they lost their focus, the other closed in rapidly to the range and attacked directly. It was fast and without hesitation. Because of this, the silver masked men would soon catch up and start an other round earlier than expected. This was very bad for them. The exit was still a long distance from them after all.

Yet What really makes them fell bitter is the words of the Young lord. He actually told their trip's plan to xian'er. Now everything becomes clear. Each one of them fell their heart felt heavy.

The guard in the right shook his head bitterly with a sigh. "Young Lord, please. Please tell me you didn't say anything. Tell me you didn't tell her"

His eyes low and became watery as tear threatened to slide down from his eyes. But he suppressed the urge inside of him and tried hard to straighten his mood. He looked at the young lord with expectant eyes hoping for a answer he know he would not have. But still, he hope.

The young lord stared at the guard with a strange look, like watching an idiot. Seeing this, the guard almost coughed a mouthful of blood when he saw the hint to sympathy appearing in the young lord eyes.

Who actually is the idiot here. He forcefully pressed the urging impulse to squeeze that face and just slap it. Oh, no. Now, now, Calm down. Calm down. One can not argue with an idiot. Calm down. Calm down.

While the guard tried to calm himself, the young lord voice sounded in his ears.

"It ..really is... not easy, huh...to be an idiot." the young lord shook his head with a sigh. His stutter did not give him any chance of peace as he tried hard to look for words out of his mouth "...how ..can you tell ..me to lie ..to you. You idiot....Of course i told...my xian'er the entire plan" 

6