Chapter 13 – Reward
116 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a long time since the unfortunate accident of the festival, days in which all those present involved in addition to a slight concern, had in their hands a good material to chat and theorize, and this of course also includes the young couple, who since that day They have kept guards patrolling the residence all day and night, in addition to theorizing during the day.

But with little material, the whole scheme cannot be found even for the skilled Crystal, but luckily for her, a good opportunity to quench her thirst for knowledge appeared in front of her and Yulio, which came in the form of an invitation to the palace, being It is accepted only with a few doubts.

The time was scheduled for the early afternoon, at which time the young couple, honoring their honor, were able to arrive on time, meeting after some protocols, in a guest room, consisting mainly of 2 sofas and a table in the middle.

"Good, I'm sorry for taking you," King Leryn arrived saying as he entered the room, to meet the young couple.

"Not at all, your majesty," Crystal received him after standing next to Yulio.

"Enough of formalities, as I say, treat me as a friend, especially your Crystal is like my sister," Leryn said somewhat annoyed as he reached the opposite sofa of the young couple.

"Yes, Leryn ..." Crystal relented.

"Well then, how's everything," Leryn said without further ado, sitting down.

"All good," said Crystal.

"Normal," Yulio added.

"You know, after what happened, I doubt that everything is perfect for you, anyway, do you have any idea why I call you?" Leryn ended up asking.

"I suppose, because of what happened," Yulio said.

"Yes, but not so much, about that, we are still investigating, for now we only know that they are Querin's men," Leryn said without further ado.

“Leryn, are you sure it's okay to talk to us about this?” Crystal asked, concerned about confidentiality.

"Easy, I trust you," Leryn said smiling.

"Yeah ..." Crystal said as she sighed inwardly.

"Moments like these ... being king weighs on me ..." Leryn muttered and then continued with the conversation. "Well, well, we're straying, the reason I brought you here is to discuss your reward."

At the moment these words fell, the tension fell over the room, which was soon broken by Yulio.

"Excuse me, but it wasn't that we were already Marquesses."

Crystal upon hearing this could not help but sigh for her husband's ability to reason, luckily Leryn did not care much about this.

"Well, yes, you would only need one ceremony, but here I wanted to talk about other gifts that come with this title," Leryn explained.

"I see, we're honored, but we don't think we deserve this," Crystal refused for both of them.

"No, nothing to do, I have to give you something other than beautiful titles, now listen, no, you better put it in context," Leryn said before starting.

"See, do any of you know what happened to Vicronia territory?"

"Yes, we know we found out from my parents, that it was divided by the territories of the nobles around," Yulio said, covering his wife from talking about something painful.

"Well, at first I was thinking of giving them back the territory, but ..." Leryn began to speak with some pain, "that won't be possible, it's difficult to take something away from nobles who are generally doing well, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, they are unavoidable things," Crystal said.

"If I do apologize, let me do it, it must be hard for your home to be taken away, at least I can assure you that its new owners are treating the population well," Leryn commented causing the young couple to smile in relief.

"Then, as that territory is already returnable, I thought of giving you the territory of the former count Monterio, whose position is vacant, what do you say? And don't tell me that you don't just want that.

Hearing this, Yulio and Crystal looked at each other for a few moments, and then Yulio told him.

"Crystal, you'd better decide, since you're better in politics than I, I'm only satisfied that we're good as a family, but it would hurt me to leave what we've built" Yulio explained.

"Okay, I also think the same," Crystal agreed and then addressed Leryn saying, "Leryn, I'm sorry but we prefer to stay as we were."

"I see ..., but your refusal hurts, let's see, but if it's not the territory, I should give you something, you have a request or something.

Given this, they both thought for a while, and then this time Crystal intervened.

"How are you, give us soldiers and qualified personnel."

"Okay, I gave the amount and I send them," Leryn agreed without further ado.

"Wait, you just accept that, you're not going to ask why," said Crystal.

"Well, well, if it's you for sure it's reasonable, but well, explain why."

"Well, the qualified personnel, it is because we are few for a large territory that needs a lot of development, and the soldiers are that being a border and that the forest is no longer toxic, a good force would be good to prevent invasions and bandits."

"You see, I told you that you would say something reasonable, and as I said, I only gave a quantity and I'll give it to you."

"I understand, then thank you very much for your generosity," said Crystal.

"It's enough, so much formality hurts me, but it still needs to be finished, its ceremony and that of the Funsei need to be squared," said Leryn and then remembered something "Oh yes, the Funsei, you know, your title is another gift, what do you think?"

At these words, both Yulio and Crystal thought it was obvious, but they just smiled and then Yulio replied.

"My sincere thanks."

"Hehe, you compliment me on your ceremony, how about next week, so they have time to prepare and even have time to return to their respective territory before winter," Leryn suggested.

"Sounds good to us, thanks for your concern," Katiuscria agreed.

"Excellent, excellent, well, then decided, now this would be it, ahh" Leryn sighed to continue saying "In the past time I would have stayed talking to you, but being King I have a mountain of papers waiting for me ..., and I feel that my assistant is looking at me ugly from outside the door.

And it was then that when she said this, Leryn stood up and after saying goodbye, he prepared to leave, but before knocking on the door she turned around saying.

"So before I forget about Querin, I'll keep you posted if we find something solid, consider it a vengeful gift."

Thus, at the end of these words, he left the room leaving the young couple alone in that room, which after looking at each other for a while, began to laugh a little.

"Hahaha, this Lery makes me laugh, don't you think ... he breaks my figure as a king," Yulio said.

"Yes, I think the same, but it is understood, as a child, he was always relaxed with us, but with others he always had to behave, I suppose that being king, he finally got a bit of relaxation knowing that there is no one above who press him, ”Crystal reasoned.

"Yes, it must be, but still ..." Yulio got serious, but Crystal interrupted him, before continuing.

"Not here, the house is fine," she contained ambiguously, meaning that it would be better to discuss conspiratorial issues in the safety of her home.

"Yes, I'm sorry, well I think it's time to go, you think you're going for a walk, the festival isn't over yet," Yulio suggested.

"You ..., afff, well come on, but let's change first" Crystal agreed.

"Yes, okay," Yulio said, smiling, and then going out with his wife to a happy date around the city.

5