Chapter 18 – nostalgic trip
86 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How beautiful you look with that armor," Yulio said to his wife when he saw her dressed in her combat armor, which was very simple and consisted of some metal plates located in important parts of the body, such as the chest, legs, and arms.

But this does not end here, but under the plates, she found an elegant but simple blue suit, which underneath it was a mesh shirt.

And like her, Yulio was also wearing similar armor, with the exception that his was green.

"And you look passable," Crystal returned the compliment to her husband, and then declared, "Well, then, if you've stopped admiring, it's time for us to go."

Yes, they were both still in the Funsei mansion, and they already had everything ready to go, they just needed to dress for the occasion, and now that that was also ready, as Crystal said, it was time to go, to meet the caravan of the king.

His arrival at the caravan could only be described as uncomfortable since the soldiers felt happy to have a person known in the art of war as Crystal among them, but they also felt shame and shame, after everything that happened to them. , since several of them were in favor of the downfall of the Vicronia.

And it didn't help much either, that the king, who also went to battle, greeted them and treated them as family, giving the two of them special treatment for the trip, which the young couple could not refuse.

All these situations could not avoid being commented by the young Yulio to his wife in the privacy of his carriage, minutes after leaving the capital.

"I think all this has been very strange, those faces of fanaticism towards you have been very strange."

"I don't see how strange it is, the strong admire the strongest, you don't see how our soldiers look at me," Crystal replied.

"I understand those, but not these, I know your family is famous, but I didn't know it got to this point."

"Well, now you know it."

"Uhu, but hey, that's one thing that surprised me most of all, since you know, before the king made me uncomfortable, but now, since I also have to worry about the soldiers, there was no one who didn't look at me as if he wanted my death, and I think I know why,” he finished with a triumphant smile.

"Hehe, if you know, tell me, or do you want to show off in front of me."

"I don't know, I just wanted to say it," Yulio said sincerely.

"I suppose so since you are surprisingly very talkative with the people you meet."

"Yes, what can I tell you, hahaha."

"Hears."

"Yes?..."

"How about you practice magic on the way, there is a long time, oh now that I remember, it wasn't that you were going to train to be worthy of me, but look at you, you still don't know how to make a fireball."

"What can I tell you, my talent in magic surprises me a lot, but I think that even without achieving that, I have become worthy, don't you think?"

"In your dreams."

"Hahaha, well I guess then, let's see if on this trip I finally learn well how to do magic."

"I doubt it," Crystal said smiling.

The trip was somewhat long, but without problems, with the only detail that the nerves of both were increasing, as they got closer and in the case of Crystal, she more often looked out the window to look with nostalgia and sadness at the view the surrounding lands which were becoming more and more familiar to her.

And the most serious nostalgic experience was when they arrived at the ancient capital of the Vicronia.

For reasons of time, they could not stay there so they had to pass it through a large hill next to it, in which everyone could see the entire city including Katiuscria, who had not taken his eyes off the city. once he saw her.

"Hey, are you okay?" Yulio asked when she saw her so lost in herself.

"Come look," Crystal answered her softly.

At her request, Yulio leaned out the window with her, to see the city below them.

"That's where I was born and raised."

"Yes, it's a beautiful city, I was born in a simple mansion in a town," Yulio said trying to cheer up the mood.

"There is the central square, there is where my father and I said goodbye to the city with the soldiers when going to battle."

"It must have been very glorious moments ...

"And there, in the distance is ... was my house," said Crystal, pointing to the ruins of an old mansion.

"I see, so that's where you lived," Yulio said while hugging her from behind, to continue.

"Uhu ... that would be good," Crystal accepted being sad.

"And while we're here, we could bring Katherine."

"Yes, she would be very happy."

Fortunately to the relief of their sadness, this sad sight only lasted a few hours, before losing the city of their sight, to give way again, to the monotony of wildlife until they had reached their destination, on the edge of a forest that overlooked a plain, in which was a fortress.

It is on this edge, where they set up a camp, for the preparation of the last battle.

3