Chapter 9: The Late Visit
42 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Jhon woke up and swipe the curtains and let the sun light goes in the room and heat the place, the little girl was still cold even if the fox was heating her but she was sleeping right and wasn't shaking, he looked outside the window and saw someone going in the village, it was a woman with with a full body armor along with a fully armored knight holding a Naginata while the girl was holding a sword.

Jhon: Am I just mistaken or is she the princess.

The princess has a long brown hair and black eyes.

Man 1: Princess what brings you here?

Girl 1: Is there anything we can help?

Jhon walks down the stair and goes out the Inn to get close at the Princess but he didn't expect something.

Princess: You scout!

Jhon: Yes?! (Why me! I'm not a scout!)

Jhon was mistaken as a scout of the village because she wears a chain mail that really makes him like a scout.

Princess: What happened to the village that got bruned?

Jhon: (Man! I should act like a guard.) T-The village was burned down by some sort of Black Smoke formed like a human, no survivors were found, it looks like it was burned by an army of it, no trails of the raiders.

Princess: Very well... Can you guide me there?

Jhon: (Damn! I didn't expect this outcome!) S-Sure princess, right t-this way.

Jhon walks out of the village along with the Princess and Royal Knight.

Royal Knight: Princess? This guard looks suspicious.

Jhon: (Oh No!)

Princess: Why is that?

Royal Knight: I never see his face before and he shakes as he speaks with you.

Princess: This village has new hired guards maybe he is one of them, he also might be scared after the raid.

Royal Knight: I'll keep an eye on him.

Jhon: (What should I do what should I do! I can't make any suspicious move or I'll be dead!)... Were almost there, be ready because there might be enemies left.

They arrived at the place, the bodies are gone but the blood is still there but most are dried, the place was lifeless and mushrooms started to grow, the bodies are buried at a open place near the village.

Jhon: I never seen this village when this place is still alive. I'm so sorry Princess-

Jhon saw the princess shed tears as she dismount her horse and gets closer, Jhon and the Royal Knight go behind to guard her.

Princess: I never know that the village that was said to be raided was the place where my best friends are... I was supposed to visit here today because it's the day of Melina's birthday... How did this happen... why here... why this day my best friend will be taken away from me in the day of her birthday?

Jhon and the Royal Knight: I'm so sorry princess

Back when the princess was still a young girl, she visited the village every day to meet her friends and play with them.

Melina: Princess I made a flower crown for you.

Princess: Call me Rianne because we're friends and when you call me princess it's kind of embarrassing, I have gift for you.

Melina: What do you mean?

Rianne: Happy Brithday!

Melina: *Gasp* Thank you! I'm sorry if I don't give gifts when your birthday.

Rianne: It's alright I don't need any gifts, we're still friends and I always visit here whenever I have nothing important to do.

They sometimes send letters using Melina's pet bird when the princess has a work to do, years passed and when she turned 16 she started to train herself to become stronger than to focus all to studying, she visit her friend two to three times a week. The year before the raid of the village.

Princess Rianne's birthday but only he invited ones are invited, Rianne mostly just shut herself in her room because she can't invite her best friend nor visit her, Melina's bird came tied with a small box.

Rianne: The bird looks very desperate to bring it here, Melina's bird always don't fly when the thing it carry is heavy but I never see it fly with a heavy box.

Princess Rianne untie the box from the bird and it fly away, she opened the box and it has a letter. She opened the letter and read it.

"Happy Birthday, I know this isn't expensive or fancy but I put all my heart and effort in it, I hope you like it."

She looked inside and it was a necklace with a wood carve shaped like a flower, it wan't smooth or fined but she treasured it, the day of Melina's birthday, she visited her wearing a normal clothes.

Melina: Pr- I mean Rianne!

Rianne: Hi! Thank you for the present Melina.

Melina: I'm happy that you liked it.

Rianne: I have something for you.

Princess Rianne showed her a necklace with a wood carving shaped like a flower, she do the wood carving with herself the same as what Melina do.

Rianne: I made a necklace for you.

Meline: Thank you! I will keep it as a treasured thing, I will keep it safely, this will be a symbol of our friendship.

Rianne: Same as what you gave me.

The necklace that they give to each other is their sign of friendship, until the day the village was raided.

In the present day...

Princess Rianne go to the place where Melina lived, the place was now ruined and destroyed, she walks inside the broken house, the rooftop was now gone, the wood floor is all burned, the table where Princess Rianne and Melina used to make same dough was now just a charcoal or burned completely, the bedroom was now like a huge furnace filled with ash. She walks outside finding something, she found a necklace lying on the ground, it was the necklace that she gave for Melina, the flower was half burned and some parts are broken, she kneel down on the ground as she cries while holding both her and Melina's necklace.

1