14: Smash you with gold!
101 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within one of the most industrialized cities in the world, Alex found mountains.

Mountains of gold bars shining so bright they would shame the sun.

Mountains of paper cash fuming of paper and ink.

He had to stop himself from diving into the gold like Scrooge McDuck.

'Scott, when I told you I needed money, I meant like for an airplane ticket, but you've really over-delivered today! Good lad. You can expect a positive evaluation coming your way this end of quarter!' Alex complimented Scott.

'...Thank you, Sir.' Scott still had no idea what he was talking about.

Alex looked around. Besides the gold and cash mountains, there were over 100 mini-vaults filled with gold, each with a set of 4 combination locks. He stood and watched as the 3 staff members began to open one of them.

Meanwhile, the security staff removed the tarp, revealing the delicious gold underneath that they had apparently planned to deposit today. The gates for the mini-vaults had air holes, so Alex was pretty sure he could Seal the gold behind them just by standing near their gates.

Besides the mini-vaults, all the way at the end of the extremely long hallway, there stood one unique thing. It was a grim, solid steel door. There were no combination or digital locks on it. Instead, all it had was a single hole for a skeleton key. 'That's weird,' Alex thought. He tried looking through the keyhole but couldn't see anything on the other side.

Checking that he was far enough away from the staff so that they wouldn't notice, he tried using a Seal card and focusing on whatever it was behind the door. Nothing happened. 'It seems unless I see the object, the Seal card won't work. No big deal, there's more than enough gold here to satisfy me.'

He walked back towards the staff who had now opened the mini-vault. While walking, he watched them and thought about his next move.

'Now, what's going to be the first appetizer? I can't just snatch these mountains and run because I still need these people to get back up the elevator. I could nibble some off the edges and they probably wouldn't notice, but there are cameras here so you never know. It would be bad if I was cau--.'

"AH!"

BANG

...

Alex was rubbing his elbow as he got up off the floor. 'Damnit! Scott, your stupid sandals made me slip! If I wanted to look like an idiot, I would've just worn UGGs!'

Scott's eyes fluttered and his ears turned red in shame. It was at this moment that Alex noticed he had something more important to do than berate Scott. All of the staff were not staring in his direction. The two guards now had their guns drawn, looking around suspiciously. "Whoever's there, come out!" one of them shouted.

Alex shook his head, 'So much for doing this job like a ninja. Fine, I was going to have mercy on you bastards and leave you some soup, but now I'm going to raid the whole supermarket!' Alex knew the best way to deal with this situation. It was to turn his embarrassment into shameless anger.

The guards still didn't see anything. They just heard a strange noise some distance away, so they weren't exactly suspecting an invisible enemy. Alex quietly tiptoed around the guards. The three additional staff were still standing near the gate they had opened. Alex snuck to the hidden side of the cart and quietly took a gold brick that quickly became invisible.

'Scott, you were right, these are heavy.' Alex felt the brick weighed 30 pounds. He tiptoed back to the guards.

One of the guards spoke. "Maybe we were just hearing thi--."

KLUNK!

The guard promptly fell unconscious on the floor. The other guard quickly ran over to check on him. "Christop--!"

KLUNK!

Two large men now laid unconscious on the ground like it was a frat party. The three staff didn't know what to do. Unfortunately, they didn't get much time to decide. "What should we--."

KLUNK!

KLUNK!

KLUNK!

"Smashed you with gold!" Alex felt good. Too long had he been hiding like a rat. "Ok, let's get to work. Scott, how much can each card hold?"

'Sir, each card has a space of 100 cubic meters. One should be enough to hold an entire stack of gold.'

"Good." First, Alex ran to the mountain of gold. "Seal!" The mountain turned into light and entered the card, forming a small cartoon gold mountain on one side. The sight of it brought joy to Alex's eyes, the likes of which could only be compared to witnessing the birth of your first child.

Then the money.

"SEAL!"

Then the mini-vaults.

"SEAL!"

"SEAL!"

"SEAL!"

...

At this time, a handsome man in a navy blue suit was standing in a security room. His eyes were perpetually narrow as if everything that passed by their sight was automatically deemed worthless. He was watching a very interesting scene on the monitoring equipment.

"Sir, this is the anomaly." A security officer pointed to the cameras where you could see with the naked eye as the gold in the safe was repeatedly vanishing. "This began several minutes ago. First, all the staff fell down unconscious one by one and now this."

"Oh...interesting. I'm very curious as to who would have the courage to attack my Rodwell family like this...Send in the sweeper team."

4