15: Fighting the world champion
96 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eighty feet underneath the ground of New York City, the largest robbery in its history was currently taking place.

"Scott, I need more Seal cards!"

'Sir, I only managed to collect another half dozen from some cultivators, but I will send them to you immediately.'

In front of Alex emerged balls of light that quickly turned into cards. Alex felt great disappointment he didn't have enough to take all the gold from here, but before he could complain, he was interrupted. He heard the sound of the elevator opening, followed by many footsteps. His face turned pale.

'Oh no. It must've gone back up when I was running around.' He peeked his head around the corner and saw a dozen men armed to the teeth with body armor, in tactical formation, and pointing automatic rifles in his direction.

Alex stared down a dozen gun barrels, each of which could blow his head off. 'Not good...Wait, they can't see me. They probably don't know I'm here.'

"We know you're here and that you're invisible. Come out and show yourself with your hands up, or we will come in and kill you."

...

'Scott, this was your plan. Give me a play here.'

'Don't die Sir.'

...

'Hades, do better!'

'It's ok to die, Sir. Going to the Underworld is a part of life.'

'Part of life my ass! Who wants to argue on internet forums and go to your Underworld!?!'

Alex shook his head as he thought to himself, 'I have the worst f*cking assistants...'

Sigh...

'How am I supposed to get out of this. I have no gun. All I have is these stupid bricks! Wait...'

Alex took out a Seal card and looked at it for a few seconds. He peered his head back out at the heavily armed men and steeled himself. 'Here goes nothing. Smash you with gold!' He threw out the seal card into the room where the gunmen were located. It immediately became visible when leaving his hands.

"Unseal!" he shouted as he kept his back against the wall.

KLANK! KLANK! KLANK! KLANK! KLANK!

Gold immediately poured out from the hallway past his feet like a flood. When the golden river finally stopped gushing, he peered back out to view his work. The entire entrance room and hallway were filled up to waist height with golden bricks. The soldiers...crushed like ants. Alex gulped.

"Scott, old friend, can you do me a favor? It's nothing big...just when the police come asking, would you mind taking the fall for this mass murder?"

'...Of course, Sir.'

"That's good. I'll be sure to tell the jury what a good employee you were. In any case, we better get the hell out of here." Alex proceeded to reseal the gold blocking the elevator. Soon after, a path to the elevator once again opened. He ran to the three unconscious staff members and took their elevator key cards.

It felt like ages, but in reality, between the gunmen coming out of the elevator and Alex recollecting the bricks, only several minutes had passed. Finally, he was preparing to head back up when he heard the elevator open again. Alex peeked at the sight from around the corner, expecting even more men to come. He was surprised when only one man in a navy blue suit stepped out.

Upon seeing the squashed soldiers, the man's eyes firs became round, before quickly returning to his usual, apathetic gaze. 'I don't know exactly what happened here, but it looks like these lowly worms weren't up to the task,' the man thought.

"Mystery thief...which family are you from?" The man loudly asked, his voice reverberating through the space.

...

"Not going to talk? Fine have it your way." The man squeezed his fists and held them in front of him. At that moment, two balls of light emerged on his hands and turned into bright red boxing gloves.

'Is that a soul item? Can any of you tell who the General is?' Alex asked.

'Yes, Sir. Once a soul ability is activated, nearby Generals can sense some information regarding the identity of the soul ability's General. That soul weapon should belong to Muhammad Ali,' Scott replied.

'Muhammad Ali, the greatest boxer of all time? That could be considered...not great for me. I'm pretty sure he could take my head off with one punch. Fighting the heavyweight world champion's soul weapon? No thank you. I can't let him attack me...'

"Little rat. Come out, come out, wherever you are." The man teased. "Hey rat, remember the name of the one who killed you today when you talk to Hades in the Underworld." He started walking forward step by step.

Alex's eyebrows pinched together.

'I didn't do anything, Lord,' Hades was already begging for forgiveness.

"My name is John Rodwe--"

"Smash you with gold!"

KLANK! KLANK! KLANK! KLANK! KLANK!

The man never got to finish his sentence as his sight went black.

7