44: Like stealing cannons from a baby
42 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'This demented centaur is the one who killed so many werewolves?!?' The brains of everyone watching had to reboot, as their understanding of war tactics had been shaken. They wanted to kill Alex even more, but also wished to run away from this disgusting freak as fast as possible.

Dracula also contemplated suicide by werewolf. He went from being a noble ruler of a kingdom, a famous vampire Lord, to a donkey...

"Don't just stand there. Giddy up!" Embracing his shamelessness, Alex felt no discomfort. Instead, while everyone was still shocked, he poked a werewolf in the eye with Balisarda. Then he urged Dracula to quickly kneel and pick up his Helm of Darkness.

At the same time, Alex used his free hand to pick up a severed werewolf arm. "Hey doggy, throw you a bone! Catch!" He threw it and hit the face of another stunned werewolf.

During the confusion, he reequipped the Helm and used the invisibility to escape out of the encirclement. Hidden once again, he attempted to approach the cannon from a different direction.

'Dracula horse?' Earlier, Luca was going to raise his risk assessment of the invisible assassin, but now that he had seen that ridiculous sight, he just couldn't bring himself to give him a high evaluation.

Alex was indeed "unpredictable," but Luca looked at his magic shield and the crumbling defensive line of the enemy, and made the judgment to continue attacking from this position. 'Even if he arrives here, I have many ways to deal with him...'

*BOOM*

The cannon fired another shot and Luca lightly smirked as he watched the enemy suffocate under the pressure. A rout was imminent. Just a few more shots. However, a short while later, he frowned. For some reason, he had a bad feeling...

Thinking for a few moments, he realized what it was--it was too quiet. He hadn't heard the sound of nearby battle in some time. 'Did they kill him? Or did he escape?' He looked over at where the werewolves were fighting the assassin earlier to see scattered bodyparts and a dozen confused werewolves looking around. 'They lost him!' Then he noticed a bigger problem, there weren't enough werewolves to maintain close distance with each other anymore. The encirclement was compromised!

*Fwoosh*

Luca looked to the right. Then his eyes bulged and he gasped. Time slowed to a crawl as he watched Cristian's head fly up in the air. 'He broke through my shield so easily! This is bad! Escape!' His heart pounded, eyes becoming bloodshot. He moved faster than he ever had before, forcing his right hand to become a blur as it turned the pages of his grimoire. "Blink!"

*Fwoosh* The air was cut where he was just standing. Luca appeared 10 meters away, with massive beads of sweat on his face and a panic-stricken expression. 'This enemy...terrible!'

Alex was invisible, fast, had a ranged laser weapon, and could cut through magic shields with ease. Luca had never heard of an assassin who had so many dangerous tricks before.

"Haste!" Luca cast a spell to improve his movement speed for a short time as he desperately escaped toward Adrian's direction.

Alex watched as Luca ran away at a fast speed. It would be difficult to catch him in a short time. He also seemed to be full of tricks. Alex decided to deal with the more pressing matter first. The druids and witches were not far from collapsing. Once that happened, he'd be forced to escape and his trip here would be wasted.

Alex had an idea for how to turn things around, but it would require some luck and he didn't have much time. He went toward the body of Cristian. "Seal!"

'...Where am I? What is this place?' A short man wearing a 19th century French General's uniform found himself in a lifeless, pitch black space. 'Am I trapped again? Just like Saint Helena...' He sighed. Not long after, he heard a voice.

'Who is this midget?' Alex thought to himself as he looked inside the card. "Hey, what are you?"

The man was surprised, but with his intelligence, he quickly made a guess as to what was occurring. He watched when his master died to a strange assailant. He had already passed through several masters of the Chiva family and had never experienced nor heard of a General's inheritance process being like this. Therefore, despite it being hard to believe, he concluded that this should be the doing of that assassin, who must have somehow interrupted the inheritance process.

"Lord, my name is Napoleon Bonap--"

"Shush! That's not what I meant. Are you a cannon?"

Napoleon felt like an intelligent woman who was only being appreciated for her large breasts. "My soul item is indeed an artillery cannon, Lord."

"Ok, good. You have two options now, die or become my midget cannon. I'll give you to the count of 10 to decide. Forewarning, I was never good at counting."

"1"

Napoleon was furious. When he was a glorious emperor, no one had ever dared to speak to him this way. What's more, he insulted his height, the one thing Napoleon felt most sensitive about.

"2"

'I'm Napoleon. I don't believe he will kill me. I should hold out for better terms.'

"3"

"5"

'Wha..what's he doing...'

"7"

Napoleon started to sweat. "Hey, you're skipping numbers!"

"9"

"I surrender!"

3