Chapter 8
320 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you notice any discrepancies, I am sorry, I have been working at trying to make the system a bit more streamline, so things have been changing. I'll go through and fix it as time goes on. 

Also, I have patreon for all my works! It's one chapter ahead of every upload! Consider subscribing to it to support me! It's only 5$ A month, and Everchosen is included in it now, along with Awakening Chronicles!

https://www.patreon.com/silentoverseer


 I laid on the soft bed and stared up at the wooden ceiling as I tried to ponder my first course of action. Svana gave me twenty silver coins, which was shocking. I have never seen that much money in my entire life. I felt bad for taking it, but I know I need it. Sadly the prices for new clothes will run me about five to six silver, but at least I can drop by a tailor in the morning before I go back to the adventurer’s guild for another quest. 

 This leads me to the next problem will need to join a team, especially to take on higher-paying jobs. But that will be exceedingly difficult considering that I have no class, which also means that I also have no level since both are intertwined. No one is going to want a classless like me running with them. At most, I will be a liability. I brought up my status screen to look it over and to see what kind of class or choice of class that I may be looking at. I also made sure to add more information to my status screen so I can better guess at my future once my class upgrades.

 

 Name: Ziva Estelle Danzig

 Class: N/A 

 Level: N/A

 Gender: Female 

 Age:16

 Titles:

 Chosen of Kairos: All attributes will be increased by ten percent. All attributes gained from other titles will also be increased by ten percent.

Chosen of Nemesis: All judgment and revenge related skills gain an increase of ten percent of the damage. All crowd control effects have ten percent increased damage, and ten percent increased duration. 

Everchosen Candidate: You have been chosen by the gods to become their Everchosen. Due to the nature of this title, all system restrictions due to class are being lifted. You now have the ability to pick up any ability or class and can be switched at will. The cap to skills being learned will also be lifted, but the user can also delete skills.*

*You will still be limited to classes that the system determines are for you based on your current skills.

Touch of the Immortal: You have received temporary immortality for a span of one hundred years. Once you reach the age of twenty one, you will stop aging. If the Everchosen quest is not completed at the end of this duration, you will lose this immortality and perish.

Fleet of foot: Due to a life of liv in the streets, you excel in moving quickly. You gain a flat fifteen percent increase to movement speed.

Street Rat: Your life has been challenging, and your upbringing harsh. You can stomach food much better than the average person. It also grants an increased resistance to poisoning and disease.

Hidden Skills: 

Basic pain reduction I: Reduces the pain the user feels by a negligible amount.

Basic slash damage reduction I: Adds a slash damage reduction of 2

Basic damage reduction I: Adds a flat damage reduction of 2. 

Basic Mana Manipulation I: Allows the user to manipulate mana. 

Common Stamina reduction I: Reduces stamina usage by five percent

Active Skills: 

 Minor flames of Judgment I: Cast a fire that burns based on the nature of the entity it was cast on. This skill is not effective on animals, or nonliving beings. 

Current Damage: 6-16 DPS over 3 seconds.

Cost: 15 Mana per cast

Minor Scratch II: Uses sharpened nails to do damage, has a chance to proc a bleeding debuff. 

Current Damage: 5-10 slash damage per strike. 10 D.O.T per 5 seconds.

Cost:10 Stamina per cast

Passive Skills: 

 Judgment's Gaze I: This skill allows the user to gauge the purity of someone's soul. Weaker at lower levels, but will grow into a powerful skill later on.

Basic Stealth III: Passively reduces how notifiable the use is unless they are directly focused on.

Pick Pocket II: Eases the use of lifting items from people. 

Sleight of hand: Passively increases the rate of hand movement by two percent.

General Stats: 

 Health 6= 200(20)

Stamina:7= 250(25)

Mana: 5 =100(10.0)

Sub Stats Available:

Grace (2) Will Power (4)

Finesse (1)) Agility (5)

Control (1) Focus (3)

Charisma(7)  Intelligence (5)

Luck (5)

Progress to first-class (46.8%)

 

This was going to be a problem. On top of your first class being decided on by skills, your titles also have a massive influence as well. So far most of my skills lean towards being a rogue of some sort, but the issue starts to arise with the fact that titles also play a huge part in what class you get. I had two titles being a chosen of a deity, along with skills that would make me a mage. I also had titles and skills that would place me along the lines of a rogue as well.

  I scrunched my eyebrows and tried to think of any class I knew of to see if it would match up. The closest class I could think of that I would get would be a magi-assassin. But I highly doubt I would get something like that since I had skills gifted by Nemesis along with a title. But from my limited knowledge, Nemesis doesn’t usually employ rogues. 

  That may be an issue, but I will take any class that I will get. Being unclassed is something that frustrates me to no end, but hopefully, soon, I can pick up a few skills and make it something special. I dismissed my screen and rolled over and pressed my face into the pillow. I was exhausted, and I was satisfied with how today went. I finally achieved the first part of my dream, and it was only up from here. I lay there for a few moments longer before darkness took me, and I fell into a deep sleep.

 

  “Good morning, and welcome to Agletson Tailoring Services! What can we do for you today?” The gentleman behind the counter was a male who looked to be in his late forties. He wore a light silk orange shirt and had a simple ear-piercing. It was rather gaudy, at least in my opinion. 

 “Good morning, I am looking for some traveling clothes. Nothing  too fancy, please.” He looked me over while keeping his face emotionless.

 “Sure thing! I am always happy to help a paying customer.” He kept a sense of jolliness in his voice as he stepped around the counter. He was wearing a pair of pants that ballooned out around the sides. Truly gaudy, I don’t see the merit in wearing something like that. “Please follow. We do have some premade clothing as well; we will need to take measurements to ensure that we pull clothing that is close to your size.” 

 “That’s fine,” I told him as we walked deeper into the store. Spools of yarn lined a far wall along with various other clothing materials. Fully made clothing took up a large section on the opposite side of the store once you got past the welcoming desk. Opposite of that was dressing rooms for customers to try on the clothing. 

 “Please come over here, miss.” He gestured to me as he pulled off a measuring tape from a shelf next to him. Behind him were a collection of full body-sized mirrors that sat in a semi-circle. He made a motion for me to raise my arms. “So tell me, what is your name?” He asked as he started to take measurements skillfully.

 “Ziva Estelle,” I replied to him. I was sure to leave out my last name since, in our society, unless you are applying to a guild or another essential service, only the first and middle names were required in any form.

 “That’s a lovely name. My name is Rorick Agletson. What do you do for a profession if you don’t mind me asking.” 

 “I recently became an Adventurer. So I am here to get some better clothing while I try and find my way.”  

 He flicked his hand away and placed the tape measurer back on the shelf. “Ah, I get many adventurers here. I know what clothes would be best for you. Please wait here for a moment.” He turned and disappeared into a back room for a moment. 

I took the time to look at my self in the mirror. My clothes were in rough shape, not that they were any better before I took that quest trying to capture that damn feyline. My skin was a soft brown that glowed lightly from the light that entered the room, in fact, it could be compared to a local delicacy referred to as caramel., though I was a shade or two lighter than that. My eyes were a soft hazel and stared back at me with unbidden excitement. My hair was a soothing honey brown and hung down to my shoulders in gentle waves. Many people said I looked much like my mother, which didn’t bother me in the slightest. She was a gorgeous woman. 

  “Alright, I have brought some clothes for you to try. Let me know which ones you like, and I’ll write you up a bill of receipt. The dressing rooms are over to the right. Please take your time!” He chirped at me happily and walked away while I went over to the dressing rooms. 

  The first set of clothing was more my style then I thought it was going to be. The shirt was soft blue and felt like wool. The pants were matte brown and fit me almost perfectly, though I wouldn't say I liked how the two colors looked together. But I still wanted them both regardless; they were far superior to anything else I have ever had.

 I stripped down and folded the clothes, placed them to the side, and started searching through the handful of other garments. I managed to find a pair of light grey trousers that were made of cotton, another pair of brown pants, and a few matching shirts that fit. Satisfied, I threw on a light blue shirt and a pair of grey pants and walked back out into the store. 

  I placed the clothes on the counter and slid the stuff that I did not want back to him. “How much for the rest.” 

 He looked me over and then the clothes that I had folded and placed on the table. “Seven silver for all the shirts and another five for the pants.” 

  A little pricer then I would have hoped for, but at least I could afford it. I pulled out my coin purse and slid twelve silver over to him. He looked them over and pulled out a small piece of parchment and quickly wrote on it before sliding it over to me. “Here you go. This is your bill of sale. Thank you for your patronage.” He told me as he refolded the clothes and handed them over to me. 

 It took me quite a bit of effort to get them into my travel bag. I either had to pick up a bigger backpack or find a storage ring, which, I think, was going to be highly unlikely. I threw it across my shoulder and bid him farewell as I walked out onto the street. It was still early morning, so foot traffic was still slightly on the light side, making it easier to get to the guildhall. 

 I pushed my way inside and walked over to the quest board, which was slightly packed with adventurers. Some wore heavy steel plate armor, while others had on leather gear and basic mage robes. It would be nice to join a party, but at the moment, I am on my own. 

 Pushing my way through the adventures was quite a problem since I was significantly smaller and weaker than most of them, but I eventually made it to the board. I looked over the available quest and was immediately disappointed. There were no simple quests today, like the one I took yesterday. Everything was outside the city, and most of them required a party to do properly. But did I need a party? I mean, one day I was going to travel from continent to continent, so maybe it would be best to travel on my own? That's something to think about, I suppose.

  I looked over the board and saw a quest involving the hunting of small goblins that was just around my level. I walked up to the paper and ripped it off the wall. I would get paid fifty copper for completing it, and bonuses if I exceeded the quest. Not a bad start; maybe I would pick up a few skills along the way before I earned a class.

5