Chapter 12
203 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Retributer: While the Heralds of Nemesis are the law bringers. Retributers serve a darker lesser-known purpose. They serve the secondary nature of Nemesis. That of retribution. They prowl the streets seeking to the right the wrongs done to them or others. They are relentless hunters that even the shadows fear. They have given up everything in life to ensure that they can carry out their task. They are adept in both magic and blade skills.

Assassin: You prowl the night with a blade in hand. Using your skill to kill for a coin. It's a kill or be killed world. What will you do? 

Vigilante: They have grown disenfranchised with most law enforcement forms and instead take it upon themselves to dish out the punishments. 

Street Rat: You were born on the streets and struggled to survive. But with perseverance, you survived and grew stronger.

Rogue: They are known for their agility and rapid movements and trap knowledge. A jack of all trades master of none sort of class. 

 

 

Most of the classes seemed to be total let downs. I had no intention of personifying my street rat heritage any more than it already has. However, being an assassin seemed sort of fun; I mean, it's not any different than what I have already been doing. Being a vigilante also seemed like a fun classpath, but again, I had no real intention of following it. However, the most interesting class on this list was Retributer. Not only that, it was a rare ranked class, which means that it should be the strongest on this list, but after all, I can't be picky. I mean, after all, I can use them all.

 

You have received five stat points!

New abilities unlocked for the Retributier class: 

 Basic Chains of Requital: Cast chains shrouded in flames of judgment. They can bound and tether any sapient being. Not effective on inanimate objects or animals. They deal damage over time and cost a constant source of mana to keep active. 

 Basic Piercing strike: Channels power into your blade for increased penetration. 

 Basic Vengeful penance: At the cost of constant mana usage, you can buff yourself to increase damage dealt. However it will also increase your damage taken.

New passives unlocked: 

 Basic Retaliation: Gain stacking increasing damage for each ability/attack parried or countered. Stack resets after a set amount of time or on the next attack. 

 

.

 Name: Ziva Estelle Danzig

 Class: Retributer  

 Level: 1 (0.0% to next level)

 Gender: Female 

 Age:16

Classes Available: [Click here for more information]

 Class Bonuses:

 10% movement speed     5% increase to skills related to Nemesis

 5% Increased damage on counter-attacks

5% increase to CC effects

5% increase to stealth


 Titles:

 Chosen of Kairos: 

Everchosen Candidate:

 Budding Fighter I:

Hunter:

Savagery:

Touch of the Immortal: 

Fleet of foot: 

Street Rat: 

Hidden Skills: 

Basic pain reduction I:

Basic slash damage reduction I:

Basic damage reduction I: 

Basic Mana Manipulation I:

Common Stamina reduction I:

Active Skills: 

Chains of Requital 

 Minor flames of Judgment III:

Vengeful penance

Minor Scratch II: 

Passive Skills: 

 Judgment's Gaze I

Basic Stealth III 

Pick Pocket II

Sleight of hand.

General Stats: 

 Health 6= 200(20)

Stamina:7= 250(25)

Mana: 5 =100(10.0)


Sub Stats Available:

Strength (5)  Constition(5) 

Endurance(7)  Wisdom (4)

 

Grace (2)  Will Power (4)

 

Finesse (4)  Agility (5)

 

Control (1)  Focus (3)

 

Charisma(7)  Intelligence (5)

 

Dexterity(5)

 

Stat points available: 5

 

 This was quite a powerful class. It was a strong hybrid between a rogue and a mage. However, I have never heard of this class before. I glanced at my stats and saw that upon gaining my first class, everything was refilled. Good, that meant I could hunt more of the little monsters and put my skills to use. But first, I would need to use my five stat points. But where should I put it at? 

 I looked over my status screen once more. I had a common stamina reduction, which applied to all stamina based abilities. If anything, I needed to put this into mana. So I can increase my mana regen along with the maximum capacity. I was not too worried about health; as long as I could stay on my toes and keep dodging everything, I should be alright. I submitted the stat point, and I felt a weird rush of energy course through my veins. Shortly after that, my body shuddered involuntarily, followed by an almost imperceivable increase to clarity. It was so minute that I almost missed it. 

I then put three points into health, stamina, and mana,, respectively, to shore up my weakness, and then I debated what my last point would go into. Maybe agility would be the best choice for his situation. After all, they can't kill me if they can't catch me. With each introduction of the stat points, my body felt lighter and stronger than before.  

After the rush of feeling that coursed through me, I did it. I finally classed. I should visit my mom and tell her the good news. It made me excited. I turned my attention back to the area the goblins were milling about in, and I clenched the hilt of my new sword tightly. It was time to go hunting again. 

 

 The goblins looked to be more irritated than usual. No thanks to me, more than likely. I have been picking off their kind almost non stop. I don’t think I was strong enough to fit all of them together just yet. Should I push my luck and try two at a time, or should I be safe and head back? I just got my first class, after all, and it has been a decent haul today so far. Why would I want to take a risk? 

  I thought over my choices for a moment, and I decided to be logical. I should go for the day and let them simmer down. There is no telling what would happen if I were to stay in the area. I will take my spoils for now and come back and start grinding out experience. A part of me was itching to stay out here longer and level, but I knew it would be very risky to keep doing it. With a sigh, I turned and started to head back to Orsalon. 

 

 “Did you bring the necklaces?” The receptionist asked when I informed him I was returning from the goblin quest. I nodded and pulled my bag to the front and rifled through it. I pulled out three necklaces and placed them on the countertop. The receptionist took them and looked them over, and placed them to the side. “High quality. Two were common goblins. This third necklace has a marking on it,, telling me it was a goblin in training to become a warrior. Good job for bringing that in.” He pulled out a handful of copper coins and slid them over. “Here is your payment for killing off some of the goblins.” I counted over the copper and placed them in my coin purse. 

 “Thank you. Have a nice day!” I told him as I started to walk away from the receptionist's desk. Not a bad haul. I got a sword and a few coppers, which should hold me over for now. I can go back tomorrow and go hunting again and bring in some more money. But for now, let's head over to a blacksmith and get my sword fixed and a sheath made for it. At the moment, it was hanging out of my backpack, wrapped in cloth. 

 

 The blacksmith was located a little bit into  into the merchant district. Well, the first of many blacksmiths in the area. It was a quaint little building that had an open area in the back. The rhythmic beating of a hammer filled the air along with the pungent smell of heat and metal. I walked into the store and glanced around. There were weapon racks all along one wall that held various pieces of equipment. On the opposite were armor sets and random pieces of gear that one could buy. 

  Standing at the counter was a young boy covered in soot and wore a tunic that was just as covered in grim as he was. “Hello, young miss! Welcome to Barrow’s forge! What can I get for ya!” He called out to me and waved me over. 

 “Hello! I am looking to have a weapon fixed up and a sheath for it.” I told him as I pulled out the sword I acquired from the goblins and placed it on the counter. 

 He picked it up and looked it over, and nodded his head. “One sec. Lemme get my pa real fast.” He turned his head and yelled into the back. “Hey, pa! We have a customer who needs ya real quick!” 

 The hammering stopped, and a moment later, a large burly man appeared from the back grumbling to himself. He was covered in grime and various burn marks. He was a massive man that was covered in large muscles that were extremely defined. He eyed the weapon on the counter and picked it up. The handle, which was a decent size in my hand, looked childishly small in his. “I see. This looks like a standard-issue sword from the military. Where did cha find it at?” 

 “I was on a quest outside the city and took it from a goblin.” 

 He let out a gruff huff and placed it back down. “It could be in worse shape. However, the Vizers do want all military gear that's found to be returned sadly, and I will have to take this. However, I will reimburse you for it, of course.” 

 I felt my heart drop a little. It was my first blade, and I didn’t want to part with it. But to stand against the Viziers was a death wish. “That's fine, I guess. How much is the reimbursement?”

 “Three and a half silver, and a weapon replacement since I am taking yours. If you can find anymore, I will gladly take them off your hands and pay you for it.” 

 I nodded my head. “That seems like a fair trade.?” 

 He nodded his head and walked out towards the weapons rack. “These are all premade weapons. They are the cheapest since they are of a lower quality than what I usually make. Do you have any weapon preference?”

 I looked them over and thought about my class. Retributer fell more in line with an assassin type of class, but it also rewarded a counter-attacking as well. “I am thinking something along the lines of either a dagger or a polearm.” 

 The blacksmith raised an eyebrow and let loose a hearty laugh. “That is such a wide variety of weapons.” He walked over to the rack and pointed at a handful of daggers. These will be the cheapest option  For daggers. They are made of a low-grade iron, but they are still decent blades.” 

 I looked over the small blades. Some were just simple daggers, while others had a slight curve to them. But as much as I wanted a blade, I think a dagger would suit me best right now. But I would look at both and see what I could get. “What about your polearms? How much do they usually go for?” 

 “That would depend on the type that you want. A regular quarterstaff will run you between five silver up to a hundred gold based on what you want and the materials. A glaive will run you a minimum of fifteen silver up to dozens of gold. Spears, pikes, and halberds also all vary.” He told me as we walked over to the polearm rack. 

 So many weapons and so little money. But might as well look around and see what I can find to suit me. 

4