Chapter 2
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I finished unpacking last night I took a peek under the curtain, and it turns out it was the 3rd bathroom, lucky me. It means I won’t have to spent unnecessary time with Hudson or Sophie, except when I go into the kitchen or watch TV in the livingroom, speaking of which I wonder if I can get a TV up here.

I looked around the room for space, there was a little bit of room, so maybe. I could definitely make a little reading area for myself. The room honestly wasn’t that bad, I wonder why the others didn’t bother to check it out at least. I shrugged at the thought.

I had gotten out of bed just now, I needed to get ready for school. I headed over to the bathroom. ‘My bathroom’ I thought with a small smile. I moved the curtain out of the way, and walked towards the mirror, I had already taken a shower last night. Unpacking took alot out of me, I needed to relax. I looked into my brown eyes, and smile at myself.

“This is going to be a great day.” I said to myself, as I got ready to brush my teeth, after that I washed my face.

When I finished with that I styled my short curly black hair into a ponytail. I made sure to slick my hair back so it wasn’t sticking up, I took in my appearance, I looked pretty.

Now was time for my outfit, I wasn’t actually sure what to wear. I was looking at clothes on my bed, a skirt and a floral top?

“No, too girly.” I said to myself as I put the outfit back into my closet, ‘how about this?’ Cute white, top with some overalls.

“What am I 12?” I said, it’s a good thing I decided to walk up a hour before school starts.

____

It took me 20 minutes to actually decide what to wear, I went with dark blue shorts and burgundy crop top.

Usually when people start they’re first day of school it’s on a Monday, but not this family we’re going on a Thursday. Good news, it’s a new school year so not as awkward as showing up in the middle of the school, bad news I’m horrible at first impressions.

I can never say the right thing, I didn’t have Sophie’s good social skills or Hudson’s athletic ability. When either of them walk into a room it goes quiet, when I do people just pretend I don’t exist. However it’s fine, I’ve learned to embrace it, since the spotlight isn’t on me all the time. I never get into trouble with my parents or get grounded. It like a get out of jail free card.

I heard a whistle from downstairs. That pulled me out of my thoughts. Closed the curtain to the bathroom and grab my backpack and than went to open the attic door so I could get out of my room. I’m still kind of getting the hang of it.

My mom usually whistles like that when breakfast is ready, it’s her ‘time to eat’ as I’m walking downstairs I see Hudson coming out of the bathroom smelling like axel body spray, I gagged as I made my way downstairs, it was a horrible smell.

I walk into the kitchen to see a sight I’ve grown used to now, everyone has a plate made for them except me. I roll my eyes and get a plate out of the cabinet, and put some eggs, bacon and pancakes on it, before taking a seat at the table next to Sophie, she’s just eating eggs with syrup on top of them. As I place my plate next to her she grimaces in disgust.

“You know that’s incredibly unhealthy right?” Sophie asked, she usually only talks to me when she wants to talk about my body and what I’m putting in it.

“I just can’t help myself.” I said digging into my food.

____

Hudson, ended up driving us to school. Sophie hasn’t passed her driving test yet, and I wasn’t allowed to drive any of the cars, much less touch his.

The ride was about 30 minutes to get to school, Hudson pulled into an empty parking spot and turned the car off. As I was out to get out he stop me.

“Here are the rules, you don’t know me, I don’t know you. We aren’t related, and you’ll never speak to me here.”

“Okay.” I said trying too get out of the car again.

“Wait!” Sophie called, I sighed and looked at her “let me guess same goes for you.”

I wanted to get out of here and get my class schedule.

She nodded at me.

“Also one more thing before you leave, you have to find your own way home, so I hope you were paying attention to the turns and such” Hudson said as he got out of the car and started walking away.

I felt my jaw drop, I don’t know why I wasn’t expecting this, it not like this is the first time it’s happened. Sophie glanced at me and quickly left the car as well.

“This is fine. Just get through today and the rest well fall in line.” I said to myself, finally making it out of the car.

_______

It was pretty easy to find my way around the school, I got to the office in no time flat.

“Here you go hon.” The lady in the office said as she was handing me my schedule.

“Thank you.” I said with a small smile as I exited the office, and walked straight into girl, we both ended up falling onto the ground.

“Hey, are you okay?” She asked me, helping up off the floor. She’s Asian, with black hair and brown eyes, she was wearing a floral white dress, she looked to be about 5′10

“Wow, you’re like almost as tall me.” She give me a weird look.

“Oops my bad I didn’t mean to say that out loud.” She waved me off with a laugh.

“Nah it’s totally fine, I get it. I’m Seth by the way.” She held out her hand for me to shake.

“Dakota, nice to meet you.”

“Likewise.” She said with a smile. “So if you don’t mind I’m going to read your schedule and see if we have any classes together? I’m going to assume your new since I haven’t seen you until today.”

I didn’t know notice she had my schedule until she said something, I was fine with her taking a look, she seemed nice and it’ll be cool to have someone I know in some of my classes.

“Okay, we have third and fifth period, together and luckily lunch, but since your new here I don’t want to leave you alone by yourself on your first day.” She stopped talking to think.

“That’s so nice of you, but I’m fine.” I said she looked like she was thinking really hard, I didn’t want her to pull a muscle.

“Yeah, it’s no problem. Come with me.” She ended up grabbing my hand and pulling towards somewhere.

“Um you seem really nice and everything but where exactly are you taking me?”

“I’m taking you to your first period silly. Relax I got you.” She said still pulling me along, after a few short minutes she finally let go when we were at a white door, she opened it.

“Good classes haven’t started yet. I’m sure you can sit anywhere Mr. C doesn’t really have seating chart.” I said thanks and went to sit at an empty desk by the window.

When seated I realized Seth hadn’t left yet, instead her eyes were wondering around the classroom looking for someone it seems. She looked disappointed she couldn’t find the person, I saw hands appear on her shoulders, and with that she jumped before turning to look at the person behind her.

It was a boy taller then her, he had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a blue shirt and tan pants, with backpack over his shoulder. The boy laughed when she slapped him on the arm for scaring her.

‘Probably her boyfriend’ I thought and looked away from the two of them. I looked towards the window, I should mind my own business.

I heard the desk next to make sound like someone was about to sit in it, I turned to look at them and it was the boy Seth had been talking too. He notice me looking at him.

“Just smile and wave.” He said, turning to look and wave at Seth, I decided to follow his lead. I smiled at her, waved, with that she smiled back and left to go to her classes.

“Hi I’m Logan, by the way. That losers best friend.” He said with a smile.

“Hiya, I’m Dakota.” I said back smiling too, he was kind of cute, in a boy next door kind of way.

“I know Seth told me, she didn’t want to go on your first day alone. So think of me as your super friend.”

“Super friend.” I said with a laugh. “What it was a good show?” He said. I was about to ask him how even knew that show even existed, when a man walked in, Mr. Clinton, I’d assume.

“Hello class, before we begin, it appears we have a new student joining us this year.” He stated, and looking through some papers.

“Her name is Dakota Cătălina Maior, Dakota why don’t you raise your hand so the class knows who you are?” I slowly but surely raised my hand, I heard Mr. C make and “ah” sound and then telling the class to say “Welcome” to me.

____

0