17 years ago
15 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don’t Go Alone

My heart’s beating in my chest, air keeps getting stuck in my lungs, as I sprinted though the forest without any care for the inhabitants. I ducked under branches and clipped trees cutting my skin raw. I needed to keep looking straight ahead looking back would only slow me down. My eyes frantically scanning the trees. I took a deep breath as to calm myself, and slow down my heart beat. It’s bad enough they have my scent.

I had turned off my emotions a long time ago, however keeping them off was going to be a bit of a challenge in the future, I cursed myself for getting into this predicament. We haven’t even been together for two years, and here I was pregnant and running for my life in the dead of night.

My eyes caught sight of a big Willow tree, I had never seen before, I usually tried to be weary of the forest, always going in and out as fast as possible. I lifted my head to try and smell my surroundings, the only thing I could smell was grass and even more grass, I cursed myself again for never taking my training seriously, for never taking anything seriously until now. I knew if Octavius or the others caught me, they’d forced me to get abortion or worse.

I figured the Willow tree is my best for maybe getting out of this. I ran toward it, and fumbled for a spilt second, I guess I was more tried then I had previously thought, I threw myself forward until I was completely covered with the willow trees leafs, I quickly got to climbing at a steady pace, if this plan failed I would need to be able to run again. I pulled myself onto the branch that’s above a cliff with shallow waters and rocks down below.

I loved that for me not only did I not how to pick a man, I didn’t know how to pick a tree branch.

I chuckled at myself, and leaned with my back onto the tree. I didn’t rest though, I may not be the best hunter, but I had good genes to keep me alive, luck is on my side. I placed a hand on my stomach and told my little fetus that we were going to be alright. I smiled a little, I hoped they’d have his eyes and or he’s smile.

In the near distance, a wolf howled. My smile dropped and I moved my hand as I pressed my body more into the tree and made sure to stay still as the wolves broke through the forest tress, i hoped the leafs would help hide my scent a bit. Another howl cut through the forest and the biggest wolf I’ve ever seen appeared, it’s him.

My Akino

I felt much more at ease seeing him, but that wasn’t enough to get me to come down from the tree, I could tell Octavius was near, Akino took a few more steps closer to the tree and begin to shift from his wolf form to his human one, the change always seemed so painful, however when I would question him about it he’d just shrug and move on to a different topic.

He look so small from up here, even through he stood at about 6′4, his broad shoulders and a tapered waisted, his hair a dark black color that almost blended in with the darkness of the forest, he had Japanese features he look up at me with his grey eyes, a scar across his face that didn’t hinder his beauty one bit.

“Love, You should have told me.” He lowly growled at me out of irritation. “I wouldn’t have done anything to you, you know I’d never hurt you.” His eyes pleading with me, a hint of sadness in them, because i didn’t trust him enough to tell him about Octavius. I bit the side of my cheek and looked away I couldn’t stare into his eyes any longer, the guilt starting to eat away at me. I could feel my emotions coming back.

“He lies.” I looked towards the voice who spoke to see it had been Octavius, he walks into the forest clearing and begins to walk over to the tree. Akino growls at him and he ignores the warning and continues walking over until he and Akino are both standing at the same distance away from the tree.

“Werewolves are killers, blood shed is all they know. How long did you think he’d continue to put off killing you. You were nothing but warm bed to him.” Octavius said in a tone that made me realize how disgusted he was with me, I’d assume as much. I’d be lying if I said he’s words didn’t hurt. I watched as more hunters walked out from the place he came from. He’d force me to go back with him or die trying.

“You know nothing of our love, hunter.” Akino spoke to him, trying to keep himself calm. The last thing he wanted to do was give them a reason, he wanted me by his side once again, however I could tell that Akino was one word away from exploding, his breathing seemed to be getting heavier and his eyes were turning darker, it was only a matter of time before he shifted.

Octavius stood at 6′2, a few inches shorter then Akino, he’s an African American man with dark brown eyes and standing in a very relaxed position. “Cordelia stop acting like a child and get down from there this instant.” Though his tone was slightly calm, I could tell he was angry with me for getting caught up in all of this.

I leaned away from the tree and scooted out from under the leafs, as to get a better look at both of them. I made sure the branch I was on is sturdy enough to hold my weight seemed to be about fine for now. “I’m not acting like a child.” I said as I held my chin up high. “I’m doing this for my own safety in mind.” I was thinking of crossing my arms but thought against as one bad move and I’d be falling towards my death.

I’m starting to think this tree wasn’t the best idea.

“I let you go off on you own, because I trusted you.” Octavius spoke talking down to me, is one of his favorite things. “This is how you prepay my kindness, by jumping into a wolf’s bed the first chance you get. I’m truly disappointed in you. I expected so much more.” He shook his head at me. “You can come down on your own, or I can send someone to drag you down. Pick.” he told me in a threatening tone. He was looking at me intently, and the order behind his words didn’t go unnoticed.

That had done it, Akino shifted and pounced on Octavius, they moved out of my view but it appeared that Akino was trying to bit and claw at Octavius,

Wolves and hunters alike fighting each other, I moved a bit more on the branch to see what was happening but my attention moved to something or someone else. “This is all your fault.” She yelled at me from somewhere beyond the trees, her wolf appeared and started for the tree, I looked down at Faith trying to climb the tree in her wolf form, I didn’t know wolves could climb but her hatred for me was sure giving her strength to achieve the impossible. I stared at her dumbfounded. She wasn’t half bad. I didn’t even realize how close she got to me until she tried to swipe at me, I moved away from her claws and realized to late that I moved on the weakest part of the branch.

Crack

I screamed and wrapped my arms around myself, wishing more than anything that my little baby would be okay.

1