Chapter 1 : Childhood Letter [edited]
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The city of Red and Blue Rose is a city of diversity and Unity. Various race could be seen talking to each other. From mechanical Race , Mutated race , Race who have animal parts like rabbit ears, to a simple human who do not have any special feature.all of them live in harmony in this city.


In the middle of the city, there is a big open market where a lot of people sold a variety of goods, from food to antiques. There Two people are walking side by side in the sidewalk of the main streets one of them is a male wearing a brown cloak and holstering a rifle on his back.  He has brown hair and a pair of horns above his ears with a lizard tail circling on his waist, from his animal characteristic people can tell tah he is from the Magical race, a race who can sense Mana. He has a gentle-looking face and if people asked about his looks 6 out of 10 of them will said that he is hansom. and his name is Drake. He is a Mercenary that live here at orphanage near the city walls.

While the other person waling beside Drake is his childhood friends Stella she is a lady with shoulder-length black hair, she wearing a gray-colored armor that cover all her body.And she is taller then Drake. She has a stern-looking face, and people will say that she is beautiful, but she rarely talks to anybody.

both of them are going to pick up an package they order a month ago.The two of them stops in front of their destination. The store owner has an augmented eye and prosthetic arm, his name is Mike and he is one of the Artificial races where he is born from technology and lives with technology. He is your typical store owner, friendly as long as you have the money, mike looks at the pair and smiles.

“HEY! You two! The items that you requested finally arrived!” shouted Mike.

A drone fly from the back room and bringing a big iron crate. the drone gently drop it in front of the Drake and Stella. Mike then put his prosthetic hand above the crate, a beeping sound was heard from the crate and the crate open itself.

“This is for Drake, three quick-reload magazines with 3000 electrics  rounds and a new durable barrel for your rifle, and this is for the EV(Mutated people) Lady 3 cases of adrenaline booster and 3 cases of instant energy shot, each case contain of 10 shots. All of them will be 10000 chips” said Mike with his usual business smile.

“Thank you mike” drake open his pocket pulling out his Tablet and a quick tap on his Tablet and the transaction is completed.

“And also can you do the upgrade for me I added some extra for the job,” said drake passing his rifle to Mike.

“SURE! ONE UPGRADE COMING RIGHT UP!” Mike Instruct one of his drones to take the rifle and upgrade the rifle.

“Drake! Tomorrow a caravan will be heading toward Techno Oasis city, oh! and I heard that you want to go to Lucky Cat's city. You just need to find another transport to go to the Lucky Cats. My friends form the the caravan tell me that they are hiring some bodyguard for the road. And i recommend you guys to do the job!” Said Mike full of energy.

The drone has done with upgrading his rifle and give back the rifle to Drake.

“wow… words travel fast, we will accept the job but next time tell us about it OK? and thank you for the upgrade, then tomorrow I will buy some provision from your store,” said Drake while putting all of the new ammo into his bag and holster his rifle.

“HAHAHA! I know you guys will do it!” shouted Mike.

“OK.., we are going to the guild now, take care.” Said Drake.

Drake looks at Stella, and then Stella nods telling him that’s she is ready to go.

“Be sure to pick up the provision tomorrow!” shouted Mike.

The two of them walking toward the guild without stopping.


They arrive in the biggest building around the main streets, the Mercenary Guild. They went inside and greeted by the fresh smell of the air conditioner and air freshener. They walk toward a ticket counter and take a ticket and take a seat. Inside the guild, there are 4 counter, one counter for registering and reporting jobs, the second counter is for the client to submit a new job and the third counter is to selling crystal for chips, and the last one is for banking chips.

Drake sees there are fewer people inside the guild than the usual. But the third counter is occupied by a female client. and there are people here and there but it seems that  all of them is here for selling their crystal and banking their chips.

“Mr. drake you can go to the counter 1” the receptionist calls for Drake from the speaker.

Drake and Stella walk towards counter 1. And greeted by a male receptionist.

“welcome Mr.Drake and Miss. Stella, how may I help you “Drake and Stella greeted by a man with an extra limbs on his back Drake sure that he from Mutated race.

“Is there an escorting job that’s travel towards the Techno Oasis city?” Ask Drake.

“ yes there are, just last week we got an escorting job from the Oasis company. and i have been inform that two people will be applying” said the receptionist.

“well.. that's us, so can we register for the escorting job?” ask drake.

“ Ok then let me get the information first” the receptionist began to typing.

“now for the job description the location for meeting is here at the guildhall in the evening and the reward is 20000 chips for each person and the caravan organizer said that the will be taking a detour toward the Pure Harvest city before the go to Techno Oasis city. A meal would not be provided by the caravans so we suggest you bring your food. And finally The company that will be hiring you is The Oasis Company. Is there any question?” ask the receptionist

“can I have the job description for my Tablet?” ask Drake giving his tablet toward the receptionist.

“certainly,” The receptionist take Drake tablet and transferring the job description data towards Drake Tablet.

 “the data transfer has been completed. the client will be waiting for you in the guildhall” and then the give back Drake's tablet.

“OK. we will be on time,” said drake walking towards the exist with Stella right beside him.

After they went outside the guildhall Stella pulls softly Drake cloak to stop him.

“Undead. season. Now.Want.Crystal.” said Stella looking at Drake, her usual stern expression isn’t here.

‘sigh.. how can I said no to that face’ think Drake.

“Sure, Why not? I need to test my upgraded rifle anyway,” said Drake shrugging his shoulder.

Stella smile and node toward Drake. And she began to drag Drake with her.

‘she can be force full sometimes’ think Drake while being dragged by Stella toward the city gate.


They arrived at the City gate, there is a huge barrier that protects the City its looks like they are inside a giant aquarium.

Before they go outside they tap their tablet into a tollbooth and they walk outside of the city gate.

“lest head toward the mountain where usually low-grade undead lived, Stella would you mid?” said Drake.

“ok,” then Stella inject her self with the energy shot. And her armor, or should I said her exoskeleton began to grow covering her body making a giant torso, and limbs began to grow from 4 directions, spine looking bone grows from the rear and then finally a head resembling an armored wolf grows from the front of the torso. now she looks like a giant wolf with an armor made out of bone. Her front legs are bigger then Drake, with a single claw form each front legs. Evolver a race that can mutate their body parts with their will, as long as they got the energy for it. And Stella is one of them, she can turn into this gigantic form or she can just mutate some of her body parts to suits her needs. 

“Let’s go,” said Stella urging Drake to hop on her back.

“Then let’s end this hunt before night come,” said Drake

Stella runs across the grass field toward the mountain. Drake could see from the distance many battles are happening. Left and right he can senses People fighting off undead creatures. Drake could see form afar that a giant is fighting some people. The giant has a huge crystal on his back. Drake Know that is a high-tear undead form that crystal size. Drake tell Stella to take not approach those fights. 

These undead creatures only have one characteristic and that is a body that animater or reanimatet by a pure energy crystal. Any kind of body can be animated by pure energy crystal, animal, plants, humanoid, and even rock formation can be reanimated. The guild will buy the energy crystal for some chips. Their price will be differs depending on their size.

Drake and Stella finally arrived near the usual hunting spot near an abandoned mine. Drake readying his rifle on top of Stella back. Sharpening his senses to scan his surroundings. Drake finds a group of undead near the mountain foot and telling Stella by pointing his finger toward their direction. Stella began to leaping across the field and running towards the group of undead. This time the undead is a group of giant rats with a crystal on their face. After seeing the target Drake began to aim His rifle and shoot at the undead creatures. Each shoot hits the target and paralyzing them. after the got paralyzed Stella jump at them slice them apart with her claw. The giant rat becomes a pile of flesh and bone that unrecognized able. Drake jumps down and began to collect the energy crystal.  

“We got lucky, we got a medium-size one,” said drake while holding them in his hand.

“nice,” said Stella in her giant wolf form.

“lest go back now it's almost dark here and we don’t want to be outside of the dome at night,” said Drake.

“hop on” Said Stella.

Drake hops on her back and began Stella began to run towards the City.


“Drake?” asked Stella.

“yah?” answer drake.

“finally.meet.Big sis,” said Stella while she still running towards the dome.

“yes, she finally gives us a clue where she is and the tell us to go there too,” answered Drake.

“Big sis.promise.keep,” said Stella with a hint of happiness in her tone.

They finally arrived at the City gate. Stella transforms back to her humanoid form. her exoskeleton began to melts and disappear into smoke. But her body proportion shrunk and become the body of a child. 

“Carry.No.Energy,” said Stella while looking tired.

“it's my turn now then, hop on,” said Drake telling Stella to hop on his back.

They began to walks towards the Orphanage where they grew up. The spectacle of Drake carrying Stella. Is already a norm around the outer streets. Drake could feel a warm gaze from the people around him. They look like a brother carrying his little sister on their eye. Drake could hear a snoring sound from his backside. And then they arrived at the orphanage.

“We are back,” said Drake while still carrying Stella at his back.

“Welcome back Drake, you two sure are very close, everyday I cannot see one of you separated from each other,” said Crimelia the head of the orphanage.

“Well she is my sister after all,” said Drake while looking at his Childhood friends.

“Well then now mother, I think we will just go to our rooms, I want to rest and my body feels heavy after the hunt” after saying goodnight to Crimelia Drake bring Stella to her room lay her down in her bed and cover her with a blanket.

After that Drake came back to his room and getting ready to sleep but before that he reads once again the letter that his childhood friends sent him.

“Dear Drake and Stella,

By the time I sent this, it was your and Stella's birthday, so happy birthday! Hows are you guys are you grown up into a fine adult. And come and find me at Lucky Cat’s City. I will be waiting!

From your’s truly Elura.”

0