Chapter 4: The Men in Black and White
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The keeper handcuffed me before roughly pulling me down the hallway. I do admit to feeling fear. It was a natural response, after all, I had seen what happened to the other children, but the fear was numbed, even my emotions started to become blurry, the only vivid thing in my life were those strange visions. Even so I didn't dare to struggle. The keepers were all well trained in combat and  carried multiple weapons. I remember that the children who struggled ended up covered in red. They screamed and cried, twisting and pushing, using whatever strength they had to escape. This place wasn't really an orphanage, it was a lab. We were the unwanted ones, and thus were sent here for the men in black and white to use. 

 

Honestly, we were never meant to be adopted, the children here all had something in common, that thing was why we were here. It had a purple-blue hue to it, lightly shining from inside. I had it too,but it was weak on me. The potential you show is based on that light. I realized early on that the brighter kids would be the favored ones. The ones with big personalities, better treatment, and more attention. They would also be taken away first. 

 

When I was younger my father dimmed the lights for me. He did what he thought was best, because, though he couldn't eliminate it, he could make it less noticeable. It cost him a great deal, but he always told me he didn't mind. It was okay, he could bear with this much. He put that light into himself, but he wasn't meant to hold that light, it didn't fit him, it rejected him, it was supposed to heal, but instead it ate away at him, slowly eating him up from the inside. However that made us harder to find. The lights were dimmer, less noticeable. What had been a beacon became a glimmer. 

 

They tested us when we arrived? To see how much of that light we held. I got a low score, but enough so that I was forced to stay. Only children held the glow, it faded as time passed. That's why they took the brighter ones first. 

 

They took me to that cold, colorless metal room. There wasn't really a difference to me, the whole world felt that way. I was too detached. The bright colors of the world looked dull in my eyes,and the warm summer sun felt cold against my skin.

 

The keepers gave me to the men in black, who used chains to hold me down, and m some men in white entered the room to begin to reviewing my records. 

 

" This one seems interesting, her levels didn't decrease the slightest, if we learn why, it might be of use..."

 

"She has eye problems? How useless, now they make us work with the disabled ones..."

 

They all began discussing and within moments finished reviewing them. This was the red part. I stared blankly as the men in black stuffed a piece of cloth into my mouth to gag me and the men in white began circling, pulling needles finned with strangely colored liquid, they took out scalpels and scissors. As they began the procedure I began to scream. It hurt yes, I hated it yes, but who knew pain could feel so real, so vivid. I almost began to laugh at the beautiful red color that surrounded me. It was the first time in a long while that I had felt anything so real and I was enjoying every second of it. 

 

They injected me with those l weird needles, and I felt how they pierced my skin, how they maid my blood boil and my flesh burn. The pain was still dulled, I couldn't feel it all, but I felt like those sis iota and knives could scratch through that layer of frosted glass that I'd been imprisioned  in for so long. I knew that if I felt it all then the pain would kill me, would burn me and freeze me, eating me up from the inside out, but I didn't care. 

 

Tears of joy leaked from my eyes, and then I felt something terrible. All that short lived happiness for dai ally feeling something disappeared as I let loose a  long terrible shriek. It felt like they were digging something out, not of my body, but my very soul. They were removing the very essence of my being, all of the brightness, and the very core of my existence. I vaguely heard them laughing, and brightly discussing how much more they harvested then they that they would, the men in black lifting me up and releasing me of my shackles before sinking into darkness. 


She's not really a masochist, it's just the first time she felt anything in a years , and she's surprised. After this she'll remember why humans don't like pain...

2023: I have no idea what's going on or what I was aiming for... 

1