THEY CAME FROM OUTER SPACE!!!
122 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is the origin of the dimensional flux?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. The dimensional flux signature is still as strong as it was first detected."

"And there is something smack dab in the middle of it."

"Yes. Quite fascinating actually, Captain Vrossheck. The atmospheric condition is nominal. Seventy-eight percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, the last percent consists of of a mixture of different gaseous elements and compounds. Temperature is 300 standard units above absolute zero (27° Celsius). No pollutants or any poisonous substance in the air. Radiation levels are minimal, higher than average but less than the safe margin."

"And the structures... amazing. Primitive constructions made of organic hard plant materials and a mixture of silicate compounds. Structural design dates to around 400 to 500 standard cycles ago.

"But it's in the middle of an irradiated wasteland, Hetaron. How could it have possibly survived out there!"

"That is why we are here, Captain. The Directorate sent us to determine and study the origin of the dimensional flux."

"And now we find out the that there is a small inhabitable area in this world. It should exist by all rights, but there it is. Explain it Hetaron"

"Might be some kind of environmental shield that protects it. And atmospheric converters to keep the air safe for breathing."

"If that place has that kind of technology, Technician Melyn'thena, then the Directorate will be very interested in it. Not to mention the immense energy requirement to power those devices, if they exists."

"It might be using the radiation itself to power its generators. Or even the dimensional flux itself."

"That IS a possibility, but I see no energy signatures found in fusion reactors or even radiation signatures common in fission reactors. Only thing I found are heat signatures from primitive internal combustion engines."

"ICEs? Really? That's old!"

"Indeed, Technician. Not to mention, EM signatures gives it a higher probability that this place still uses electricity."

"Not energy field projectors?"

"Welcome to Mike's Resting Stop. How may I serve you?"

==================================================

"Welcome to Mike's Resting Stop. How may I serve you?" Nice! I'm now the first human from my dimension to meet real aliens. Unless the conspiracy theorists are correct and the government are hiding secrets from us.

"By Gurrax's Pits, who the hells are you?" The big, muscular was startled by my greeting, pointing a gun at me. The alien as big as and as burly as Hrothgar, wearing some kind of futuristic armored space suit. The face looks like a cross between a bat and a gorilla, framed with thick reddish-brown fur. Large bat-like ears, nose crushed flat with large nostrils, and a mouth filled with sharp teeth and long and even sharper canines. Must have evolved from a carnivorous simian ancestor.

"Please put down your weapon Captain." The 'frog-guys?' turns towards me. "Fascinating! A Human, here? Yes, of course... this world was their former homeworld." One of the other aliens replied. This one is the opposite of the first one. A tall being yet very thin; thinner than me, I think. The alien's face is very smooth, almost like a frog's yet humanoid. Gills on the neck. Very large eyes colored a sapphire blue. Skin's a light blue, mottled with blueish-green patches. Webbed hands and a digitigrade stance complete the picture. The being also wears a types of spacesuit, this one's in a more scientific style.

"Wait... you know what I am? And what do you mean 'former homeworld'?"

"Yes. Human. Sapient species that evolved from this planet, unimaginatively named 'Earth'. Descended from a simian race like the Captain, Hrokethur. Achieved space flight in less than 10000 Federation standard cycles, or 20000 Earth years. Then achieved Faster-than-Light within another 100 cycles. Was inducted as member of Federation after 10 cycles. Went to war against the Razzat'tikan, an unaffiliated race, due to them encroaching upon Human territory, 153 cycles later. They are sapiovores, monsters who prefer to eat the flesh of sapient species. Humans won after 28 cycles and annihilated the Razzat'tikan. But in a final act of defiance, the Razzat'tikan bombarded Earth with salted nukes. Turning Earth Earth into an irradiated wasteland. That has happened 78 cycles ago."

"You mean we're on Earth right now."

On an Earth, not yours.

Do not worry about them. They survived the destruction of this planet.

The only reason that you appeared here is that this place is the same location as your rest stop on your Earth.

Uh okay.... Preservers are listening in to my thoughts.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

"Is there a problem, Human?"

"... nothing. Just weird random thoughts of no importance or consequence. May I know your names and species. And why are you here?"

WE are not weird. You are.

... dammit.

"Ah, forgive us for the lapse in formalities. I am Hetaron'kun'Kashterina, Federation Science Directorate Field Researcher 3rd Rank. Species is Tenarazen. You can call me Hetaron.

With me is Vrossheck Revendum con Herk, species is Dreen'ka. Captain of the Seeker of Dreen'ka Path, the vessel we used to arrive here. And Technician 1st Class Melyn'thena Alumeness, the ship's engineer, species is Selum'enara.

Then the last one removed her hood

Oh boy....

OTAKUS REJOICE!!! Our search is now complete! For I have found the Holy Grail of Otakuhood.

A catgirl.

Yes, a catgirl. A real living cat girl. Cat ears sitting on the top of her head. Whiskers on both sides above her upper lip. Very small, around 4 feet and 10 inches. She has a petite body type but with large breast and butts.

In short, the perfect Catgirl Waifu!

My Otaku brothers, bow to your prophet! I brought you salvation!

If you wish... WE can send the message.

... fucking brain.

Belay that, Preservers. It's just a joke. I'm not that much of an otaku anyway.

Stupid assholes who can't even keep themselves out of my thoughts.

You are projecting. WE just read it.

You might not be an otaku, but you are a big fan of  catgirls.

That I admit.

The only thing that's keeping me from just glomping the cute catgirl is that it's inappropriate and can be construed as assault.

Please don't twitch your ears or say 'Nyah!'. I don't I can hold myself if she does it.

"Is there a problem? And please introduce yourself to us." The catgirl spoke to me in a soft, melodic voice.

Come here, my dearie. Let Brother Mikey hold you....

GET YOURSELF TOGETHER SERGEANT!!!

"Right... sorry about that. I'm Micheal Irons, sole proprietor of Mike's Resting Place. Combination motel, diner, gas stop and convenience store all in one location. The perfect place for a pit stop."

"And sorry about staring at you like an idiot, Miss Alumeness."

"I understand, Mr. Irons. I know about the Human's rather... affectionate... view on my kind. I'm used to it."

"Yes, when the Human first met the Selum'enara, there was a manic rush Humans that are members of the 'Otaku' culture. It was very weird... and very dangerous. So much in fact that the Selum'enara almost petitioned Federation Council to be the Human from joining." Hetaron replied.

"Yes... I can imagine that happening." Fucking otakus....

"I hate to break this nice conversation, but can we proceed with business?" The being introduced as Vrossheck interrupted.

"Apologies, Captain. Mr. Irons...."

"Call me Micheal."

"Very well, Micheal. We are here because we detected an unusual dimensional flux reading from this location. We were the closest ship from this location., so the Federation sent us here."

"And what do you know? We find an inhabitable piece of land right in the middle of this irradiated deathpit. By Gurrax's left nut, this place should not even exist."

"Crude language, Vrossheck. But yes... we cannot understand why this place is here. This is the first time we discovered this location ever since this planet's biosphere was destroyed. Unless this place has just appeared here when the dimensional flux also appeared."

"That might be what happened. This place might be the reason for the 'dimensional flux', as you call it."

"Do you know how this happened."

"Truthfully... I don't know. Only thing I know is that this place can link to other dimensions. A sort of anchor or something, that allows the dimensions from collapsing and getting destroyed."

"Wait a damn microcycle! What do you mean by dimensions collapsing and getting destroyed?"

"The dimensional flux! Now I know why the dimensional flux is not propagating outwards. This place is somehow trapping the extra-dimensional energies, preventing their propagation outwards. There must a be a very powerful device buried in this place that regulates the flow of extra-dimensional energies."

"It's not really a device. It's the entire place that prevents energy leaking from other dimensions, preventing dimensional merging and collapse."

"Oh dear. If that's is true, then it is quite dangerous indeed. I need more equipment to study this. I must inform the Directorate of this development!" And the frog-guy quickly rushes back to their ship.

And I almost forgot about the ship. Fifty meters long, 20 tall and 30 wide. It's shaped like a jellyfish with a large paint can stuck under it and the landing side flattened. Matte black surface. A few lights scattered on the ship's surface illuminate it dimly. An airlock opens from the left side, with a ramp extending from it. This is where Hetaron

"Hetaron. Hey Hetaron! By Gurrax's Pits! Human, this better be true or else...."

"Else what?"

"I'll make your life so bad that you will beg for death."

"Oh dear me! But I don't think that would be possible."

"Don't test my patience, Human!"

"And you're testing mine, son of a monky and a bat."

"WHY YOU!!! I"LL AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHH!!!"

"VIOLENCE IS PROHIBITED WITHIN THE PREMISES."

"Damn... you! By... Gurrax's... Pits... what... did... you... do... to... me?" The asshole uttered with a pain-filled voice.

"What is happening?"

"I forgot to warn about that. You see, I'm the master of this place. And that means I get to decide the rules of the place."

"I am the Law."

"Please stop it, Mr. Irons. I know Vrossheck can be a disagreeable person. But please, let him go."

"Unless he stop planning on killing me, I'm sorry. This is for the protection of this place." And then Vrossheck collapsed on the ground. He might have collapsed due to pain stimulus overload or he stopped thinking about hurting me.

HUMPH!!! He's fucking heavy! Good thing I have 'Magic Hands'.

"There. Now let's get him out of here and back to your ship. Then leave. You two can come back here if you want, but not him. And please bring a Human with you next time. I'm not a racist, but I need to converse to someone I hope I can relate to."

"Yes. I will tell Hetaron and the Federation of your request. Also, a Human-crewed ship will arrive in one of your hours."

"That's good then. Thank you. And I'm sorry for what happened. I must enforce the Laws, or some unsavory beings will try to take this place. They will not succeed, but the damage to life and property it will cause is something I cannot ignore."

"Goodbye... for now. I hope you'll come back again late." Yes. my goddess.. please come back to me.

"I will try." Please do.

==================================================

"URGH!!! What hit me? And why do I feel pain all over my body?"

"Now I understand why you have never risen from you position as captain of a 3-man explorer. And why there is a high turnover rate for your crew."

"Shut up, frog-head... ow...."

"And this is the reason why I was placed as leader of this group. Which is traditionally held by the ship captain. You."

"And do not try to assault me. Or even get up from that bed. The Federation has already decided to court-martial you finally. Not even your mighty father can save you now, especially now he's dead."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY FATHER'S DEAD!!!???"

"Unfortunately, your father failed in his coup against the reigning junta. On the day of his coup, a large collection of evidence was found accusing him of the crimes he was trying to pin to the Dreen'ka High Council. His support evaporated immediately. Then he was captured and executed afterwards."

"So now no one will be able to bribe or use his position to prevent your crimes from seeing the light."

"That's not true! That can't be true!"

"I just received the information just now. While I was reporting to the Federation."

"Damn you. DAMN YOU TO GURRAX'S PITS!!!"

"Shout all you want, but that will never change the facts."

"Goodnight Vrossheck. Find your peace in your God. Because the Federation will be thorough and very unforgiving."

'Hetaron! Come back here! HETARON!!!"

1