Episode Twenty Three: Finding Bliss [Completed]
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zedd’s Point of View*

Finally, everything went back to its original form. No more agony and fear. Every tear of sadness was washed away at last. After fifteen years of being caged, I could now spread my wings and be free. I have never been so alive. Seeing the smiles of every person who once longed for freedom melts every part of me.

Gia now took the courage to share her talent in traditional arts. She had decided to set up a little art school for Filipino children. Krypton then found his happiness in a woman he liked long before. He just needs to man up a bit to tell her what he really feels. To add on that, he also teamed up with Kirstie’s best friend to develop a cure for the people who suffered from the bioweapon development years ago. 

Speaking of which, Aaliyah, not a little while had decided to move out to somewhere far with her kids. Maybe because she couldn’t bear the guilt from the betrayal she’d done to her one and only friend. You perhaps had put hate on her for what she had become but we all know we could’ve done the same thing especially the fact that she’d been sandwiched. You also might sacrifice your relationships in order to save the people you value. Forgiveness was the only key to lay all the anger down – the same thing Kirstie did on me, and to all of us.

It was also my joy seeing her friends, Reuel and Efren, being promoted to a higher position. Reuel became the Brigadier General next to Efren who was now a Lieutenant General. As for Kirstie, I could’ve commended them a lot for being such brave people. Even Jershua and Celeste were doing a great team together in keeping their pals alive.

Now that I took over dad’s position, I wrote a peace treaty to this country we once invaded, and we pledged to our flag, promised to never use our bullets to kill innocent people anymore. I wish that this would last forever and that there’ll be no more war among countries anymore.

“Damn, this chaos just feels like yesterday although it’s about a year now.”

“Hey bro! Why won’t you hurry up and help us set up the decorations for Gia’s school opening?” My brother, Krypton said aloud from outside the doors of our rented home, carrying a huge box in his arms as he passed by. “These kids are just so cruel! Why won’t they stop pulling my pants down?”

And by the distance, I hear Gia’s little giggles as she smiles at the children. Her pink dress matches the joy from her lips. “There, there. Go to Ms. Gia now. We’re gonna begin our painting session soon.”

“Hey! Can you at least lend me a hand here doc? Don’t you just stand your ass there.” He demanded, rolling his eyes as he put down the heavy load he was carrying. 

“Tut! Language! Hey, kids.” She called out then whispered something to the little guys.

Krypton finally gave a certain smile that I had never seen from him before, “Oh, seriously, what are you guys up to now?”

“TICKLE FEST!” Gia barged in with the kids then wrestled with Kryp, tickling him to death.

“AHH STOP!” 

I let out a giggle as a sign of satisfaction. Walking towards a table where the picture of our parents lies, I sat down in front of them. 

“Hey Aunt Cliad, I hope you’re happy seeing Kryp hanging out with the people he likes. I just wanna thank you for being there for him even for a short time. May the heavens bless you more up there.”

“Hi nanay… If you were here, I just wanna tell you how nice and welcoming the people here. And… I could’ve taken you for a vacation in Germany with me and Kryp. I really miss you, nay. I will never forget you until my last breath.”

I just saw dad’s picture at the center of them – showing that same arrogant stature he had. I suddenly felt a hand touch my shoulder then spoke.

“Dad didn’t really express his love for us, eh? Even in his last breath, he cursed on us.”

Bittersweetly, my smile reflected on the glossy covers of each frame. “Yeah, he’s still selfish as fuck.”

“And a big dumbass.”

Our laughter filled the entire room, as well as the blissful laughter from the innocent ones outside. As I turned to him, he gestured at me for us to head outside to set up the art school. So, I followed and saw the beautiful morning skies watching over us.

 

*Krypton’s Point of View*

I’m happy. Yes, you heard that right. I’ve never been this happy before. It fills my very soul with such disgusting and awkward feelings of cheesiness. But I had to admit, it kinda felt good once it tingled yours.

As I was setting up the wooden stands, I heard two children’s quarrel over a drawing.

“That’s not a moon! It’s a banana!” A little lady in pixie hair told her classmate who’s wearing a cyan hoodie that is the same as mine.

“It’s a moon!! What’s wrong with your eyes?” Said by the offended lad, almost to shedding a tear that the girl soon noticed.

“Hey, don’t cry! Uhhh… I didn’t mean to-“ Then I cut by to show the both of them on how to draw a perfect crescent moon with the right accents and details.

The lad’s face lit up and the smile that made me gave him a gentle pat on the head.

“Wow! You are good at drawing moons! Can you teach us more?”

“Mister Kryp will teach ya to draw moons as soon as you finish the activity, okay?” A bright voice of a familiar woman popped in my earlobes. And as I turned to her direction, I was dissatisfied after seeing her using a hairpin in a wrong way.

“Seriously? Are you really a girl?”

Quickly, I stood up and fastened the hair pin on her hair properly. I just realized how close our face was that I jerked back. All I could see from her as of this moment was her shyness. It’s pretty unusual seeing her like this. I mean… She’s bold as fuck. She even tried freaking my ass out with her pet cockroach back in college.

“Uh… I’m sorry. I’m just… gonna change my clothes instead.” It shocked me when she turned her back at me, seeing her hand scrunching the side of her pink dress. “Who am I kidding? This doesn’t suit me at all. Excuse me.”

“Hey! I-“ My hand just automatically moved and grabbed hers. I suddenly felt cold and nervous. “You… You look really beautiful in that dress.”

“Please don’t change it just for this day… I kinda like seeing you more wearing that.”

Her eyes flickered in anticipation and her hand felt a bit shaky similar to mine. She was about to say a word when one of the children cuts it. 

“Mister Krypton! This painting looks like you!” 

“Huh?” I turned around and saw a big canvas with my portrait on it. The colours were blended well and that the texture of it looks really realistic. It astounded me because no one has ever done an artwork of me before.

“Bruno! Where’d you get that?” Gia reacted in embarrassment then ran towards a box of sketch pads and paintings where the portrait lies. 

I went closer to check the box that made her freak out and collide against me. “Ow!”

I saw an open sketchbook with my portrait on it. Astonished was I seeing the majority of her masterpieces were about me. All of them were really good as if the scenes were photographed professionally.

“I’m so sorry…” She bit her lip out of discomfiture and that she’s noticeably turning red. “I didn’t mean to stalk you or something. I just wanna-“

“I love them.” Directly, I responded to her and expressed how lovely her portraits were. 

She looked up at me with a long face as soon as she heard me complimenting her. I mean, I wanna admit it, I find her really cool and badass. She was indeed attractive to me ever since I met her back in our college years. It’s just that, I’m a bit scared of the fact that I’m not her ideal guy at all.

“Hey, Gia.” I called on as I gaze through her uniquely amazing eyes, reflecting the sunlight over us.

“I… like you.”

Her eyes were in a daze after hearing my confession. And not a little while, her expression became as bright as the sun above.

“I like you too.”

 

*Zedd’s Point of View*

“You sure, you helped them out? Or you just sat down and watched them?” Said softly by a voice of a petite woman I met a year ago.

“Still have trust issues on me?” I giggled as I tried finding her among the trees in our garden.

“How am I supposed to believe a person who’s lyin’? Gia told me how lazy-assed you are.” She replied to me as I was drawn closer to her voice.

“Said by the doctor who pretended to have amnesia just to fight the soldiers on her own.” 

“Okay! Okay! You win.” I felt her tiny arms wrapped around me. And she seemed a bit taller than usual because I could literally feel her warm breath on my neck.

“Let me guess, you brought a chair with you again.”

“Why not? Can I not hug you?”

“A blissful year finally came for all of us.” I told her as we watched the others from afar.

“Yeah, I didn’t even know that I would survive that moment after being shot twice. Thanks to your brother and Gia, I wouldn’t have been alive right now.” Kirstie uttered as she stepped down from the chair and held my hand. “I kinda feel bad for Aaliyah’s departure though. She didn’t even bid her goodbyes.”

“She deserved to breathe a little, especially the fact that her husband died. If I were her, I would find it really difficult to deal with. She also has children and honestly, I’m not sure in what way she’s gonna tell about his death to them.” I responded as we began to walk towards the people meters away from us.

“I can’t believe that we already fulfilled our mission. Time flies fast.” She waved on them that the kids responded by waving back at us.

“I’m proud of you, Kirst. You’re really brave for bringing peace. You’re everybody’s hero now.” I told her and kissed her forehead.

“Hey doc! It’s almost time for your musical magic show!” Gia hollered followed by the cheers coming from the children in her art class.

“Okay! I’m coming!” She quickly responded and did a quick peck on my lips, ran towards them and I followed.

“Hey, little lady, you cheating!”

She turned to me then kissed me passionately. We then just heard the crowd say, “Ewwww!!!”

“Weirdos, we’re in a kid-friendly chapter. You can do that later tonight.” Krypton said and did a face slam out of mere disgust.

“Awwwww, as if you and Gia weren’t couples.” Kirstie winked, teasing Krypton that made him blush all of a sudden.

“Yieeee! Gia and Krypton sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G.” The kids sang in chorus – made both Kirstie and I burst out in laughter.

“EWWWW NOOOO!” The two cute lovebirds roared all at the same time.

1