Arc 1 – Ch 0 – The Beginning of a new Legend
423 14 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a typical rainy day in Vienna, Austria. Not much was going on as usual. People were going from place to place and buying the things they needed. Some helped others, some not. Samantha was neither of those mentioned though. She was a homeless orphan, sometimes being adopted before being cast out again. Usually she would be put in an orphanage, yet this time no orphanage took her in. This resulted in her current situation, being sick and homeless on a rainy day without any protection.

Just as she was about to give up on hoping for anybody to help her, an older man approached her. Even though she was an outcast usually ignored by everyone, she still got thought things like not to talk to strangers. She followed this rule 15 years, till now at least. The man gave off an elderly grandpa like vibe, making her relax as he continued approaching. When the man was just a meter away from her, he stopped. Looking directly in his eyes, Samantha didn't see the emotions she expected. No, instead she only saw kindness, yet hidden beneath it was sorrow. So much of it that Samantha, who usually kept out of others business, wondered just what had happened to him.

As Samantha was getting lost in thought, the older man continued looking at her too. his thoughts though were filled with anger and bitterness, anger and bitterness he hadn't felt since a long time. Yet there was also another emotion which he tried to ignore, and that was disappointment. You may think it is weird for him to ignore disappointment instead of hate, some of you may even find it funny, but for the older man, disappointment was the worst emotion. It made people lose hope in maybe themself or others, and that was something he hates. Yet he couldn't help but feel disappointed at the things that humanity did to a girl like Samantha. Coming out of his thoughts, the older man cleared his throat, successfully bringing Samantha back from her thoughts.

Old Man: "My Child, do you want a new life? A life free of all these burdens."

Samantha, hearing the older man's words thought that he might want to adopt her, so with a bit of hesitation, she agreed. It's either go with him and maybe have a chance to live or stay and die of starvation. Samantha didn't want to die of starvation, so agreeing was the only way in her mind. 

Old Man: "Good. just close your eyes and go to sleep, when you wake up a whole new life will await you."

Even though she thought the older man's request was strange, Samantha went to sleep nonetheless. She had no energy to stay awake any longer, anyway. Closing her eyes, Samantha wondered what would happen to her from now on. She didn't regret her decision in any way. In her mind, once you made a decision, you have no right to regret.

The older man, meanwhile, was watching all this with satisfaction. He by no means had anything shady in his mind. No opposite actually, he cared for Samantha, and this is why he did what he did. What did he do, you may wonder. Well, you'll get your answer shortly.


Waking up, Samantha first saw a rather ordinary plain white ceiling. Looking around, Samantha saw that she was in a plain white room with some furniture and two doors. The doors and furniture were all either black or grey. Getting down from the bad and standing up, Samantha got greeted by two things. First was that her field of view was higher than usual, meaning she had to be bigger, yet she was wearing no heals or anything the like. Second was a blue screen that was in front of her eyes. 

Hello Samantha dear,

If you read this message, then that means that your soul has already fully fused with your new body. You may be wondering what's going on and why you are so calm. Do not worry as everything will be explained in a bit.

First, you may want to know where you are. That is quickly answered as you are in heaven, or better said a secret room in heaven. And I mean the heaven from religion. I took pity upon you, seeing how you got treated. This isn't just me helping you. I may be God, but I'm only one of many gods, and currently I'm making a system which you will be testing. The primary system function is to help people like you by giving them a new lease in life. And you will be the first one to get a new lease in life. You will get a kind of status screen to help view your powers and progress as well as all the memories of the person you will be reincarnated as. Yes, you will be reincarnated as another person, but do not worry, you will keep your memories of this life. I may have also tweaked the powers of the person you'll reincarnate as. But that is all for now, and if you don't believe what I said scream the name, Gabriel.

Ordinary people may have screamed the name, but Samantha was different. If the person whose name she is screaming comes, then yes, all of this would be real. Yet at the same time, she would interrupt him or her maybe. So Samantha opted to accept it. Just as she came to terms with it, an influx of information stormed her brain. After a while, for her at least, the influx stopped, and Samantha was capable of reviewing the information she got. After looking through the first bit of information, Samantha recognized the information as memories. Memories of a character she knew well. It was the memories of Winter Schnee. Though from what she has seen in the memories, it seems to be an Alternate Version of the one she knew from the series. This one had a sorrowful story. Yet the power she wielded was out of this world. It was probably because of this that Winter was betrayed by those she trusted. Samantha somewhat felt a sense of pity for the deceased Winter Schnee.

How did she die, you may ask. Well it was because of the betrayal of the only man she trusted. He stabbed her in the back as soon as he had the chance. As Samantha is now going to replace the deceased Winter, she made a promise.

Samantha: "Don't worry Winter, I will fulfil your last wish."

With this promise made, Samantha got a new prompt appearing in her field of view.

Samantha dear,

If you read this, it means that you have come to terms with your new life. As I'm not cruel enough to just send you to this new world unprepared, I decided to make a realm in which you can train. After all, even though you have Winters memories and experience, you don't have her skill and familiarity in wielding her powers. You can prepare for as long as you want.

Samantha had to agree with God. She may have the memories, but she doesn't have the familiarity of using all of the skills. In the end, Samantha stayed in the training realm for a few aeons. Not only to gain more proficiency in using Winters style and power, but also to learn as much as she can. In the training realm, there was a library containing Knowledge of all the existing Universes. And even though she pend such a long time in the realm, she was nowhere near close to being half done with the library. She couldn't stay forever, though, so as soon as she deemed herself ready, everything around her turned white.

When she could see again, Samantha noted that she was in the forest in which Winter was betrayed. She knew it from the marks left from her fight against the hods of Grimm. And from the fact that a few are still disappearing, she deducted that she was 'revived' only a few minutes after Winters Last Stand. Luckily she was wearing Winters clothes from the series. Knowing that she can't return to the city as she will be hunted down as soon as she is seen, Samantha, now Winter, decided to find shelter and stay in the forest. One thing to note is that this Winter is ten years older then Weiss in this world.

Coming out of her thoughts, Winter made her way towards a mountain range that was surrounded by the forest she was currently in.

I know it's short but it was only a kind of prologue anyway

13