Chapter 1: A Traditional Welcome
55 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Visitors! Welcome to the Royal court” the large man on the top of the obnoxiously large and uncomfortable chair spoke in his booming voice.

The man had a figure of a steroid-fueled gym-rat and an immaculately well-kempt beard. Along with the large gem-studded crown on his head, the man had done enough and more to show he was the one in charge.

Rhea Ito looked around her annoyed. She had no idea how she ended up here. One moment she was diving into a pool and the next moment she sticks her head in a court full of people in medieval-looking attires. All while she stood shivering in her swimwear.

No matter how comfortable she was in her body, that wasn’t an enjoyable experience. She was quickly given a coarse cloth that apparently passed for a towel in these times along with a long grey robe to cover herself. The only thing that made her feel better was that she was not the only one that had to suffer from the same experience.

There were ten more that appeared in the extravagant indoor pool, almost all of them dressed in swimwear just like her. There were only three that walked out of the pool wearing a full set of clothes. Whatever story was behind them going swimming in suits and dresses, Rhea was sure it would be an interesting tale.

But for now, she turned back to listen to the large man’s rambling.

“I am King Gladis Brechan, son of the Great Duertan Brechan, ruler of the three seas and the Emperor of the World!”

Rhea felt her lips twitch as she tied her wet hair into a bun, wondering what the King's driving license would look like. She looked at her other fellow swimmers, but everyone seemed intent on hearing out the King.

“The summoning of the brave Legioners by Goddess Logosia means that there is something in our world that needs fixing, something that Goddess Logosia feels we cannot fix on our own,” King Gladis Brechan spoke. “Alas, we have failed her.”

Rhea looked at the King wishing he could wrap up his speech and get to the point. If it wasn’t annoying enough that she had been dumped in this other world, the palace was outstandingly hot and humid.

She could feel the sweat stick to her skin. And the coarse clothes given by the lecturing King didn’t make her mood any better.

Rhea tried to make herself comfortable on the hard wooden chair, only wishing she could go back to her swimming pool every passing second. This speech felt like it could go on for a while. She made a mental note of the names the King mentioned, repeating them under her breath trying to burn them to her memory.

Across the hall, King Gladis continued his speech with full splendour. His red cape flowing after him as he walked down the stairs.

“The past records show that every time the Legioners have been summoned, it has been to save the world from some threat that has besieged it. Although what the threat is, only the Goddess might know.”

“The legends count that the Legioners have defended humanity from different threats. From Demon Kings to undead armies. From floods to meteors. Monsters and dragons terrorize humanity every day. Humanity lost the entirety of the east coast to the last Beast Tide. Please, young Saviors, help the Kingdom of Brechan. Help humanity!” the King’s voice grew louder.

“Excuse me!” a hesitant voice rang out.

Rhea looked across to see a boy with jet black hair and wearing a pair of blue swimming shorts raise his hand. What was surprising was the excited smile on his boyish face!

“May I have your name brave Savoir?” the King asked.

The boy flashed a grin and spoke, “Call me Ace.”

“A fine name. What do you want to ask, young man?”

“Can we use magic?”

King Gladis nodded his head slowly. “Of course.”

“What!” Rhea burst aloud. She wasn’t the only one either. She heard surprised exclamations from all around her.

Suddenly, the man wearing the drenched black suit stood up. The middle-aged man with a wiry frame and a hollow face bellowed, “Nonsense. You think all of this is funny, is it? Such nonsense.”

The smile disappeared off the King’s face. He raised the palm of his hand and muttered something under his breath. Suddenly a bright red flame appeared before him.

Rhea looked at the feat stunned. This was impossible! Magic… only existed in books and screens!
Of course, she too had grown up reading Harry Potter and watching Narnia during her eighteen years on wherever Earth was. But she always felt it was more likely to live in a Hunger Games or Mad Max world than roam about Middle Earth looking for a ring to unite them all!

The science part of her brain screamed bloody Mary, but she couldn’t help hope that this was her call to the world of magic!

“This is magic. All Legioners throughout history have been blessed by Goddess Logosia to definitely Awaken.” King Gladis spoke, extinguishing the flame on his palm. He clapped his hand, “I think many of you will only be convinced if you can start casting yourself.”

As the King said that, eleven men in rose up from their seats all wearing black flowing robes and pointed hats. It was obvious from their get up that they were either mages or fancy judges.

“I have arranged for eleven court Scholars to act as your mentor, guide and help you adapt into our world.”

Rhea’s face stretched to a smile. The mere thought of learning magic had her excited like nothing else. On one hand, she still had a slight fear that it was just a sad, horrible joke. But what if this was true! Would she have spell classes and wave wands? Or would it end up like one of those weird domains and cultivation and what not that her weird cousin would try to get her to read?

Rhea quickly lost herself in her thoughts and quickly started preparing a mental list of things she needed to do immediately.

“Come young lady.” The appearance of the shadow before her startled her.

Rhea looked up to see her mentor. An old man with a slightly bunched back and few strands of white hair remaining on his wrinkled head. With a genial smile, he spoke, “I’m Magus Ranab.”

“Rhea Ito,” she replied with an apologetic smile and extended her hand.

Magus Ranab shook her hand warmly and added, “Come on now. I’m too old to keep standing all day long.”

Rhea quickly hurried after him as the two left the Great Hall through one of the doors.

They walked through a long hall lined with guards at regular intervals and paintings lined up across the walls. Through the windows, she could glimpse at the magical new world that lay await her. A beautiful garden stretched outside, with people milling about their work. There were no cars, no horns and no phones!

And she still hadn’t felt bored yet.

“So, what does Legioner Rhea want to do with her magic?” Magus Ranab asked just as Rhea caught up. Even though the man looked old, he had a fiercely fast gait.

Rhea flashed a smile, “First thing I’m going to buy an air-conditioner.”

 

 


Please let me know your thoughts. Or if you have any feedback/ suggestions.

 

Title : Because it's is what 'traditionally' happens in every summoned/ isekai story

5