Chapter 1
220 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Gasp*

He surprised as he suddenly who wake up in a foreign room. He looks around and see that this room is full of electronic gadgets. He sees a high-end desktop PC with all its accessories, a PS5 connected to a big ass TV and a glass case that filled with action figure of robots, gundams and armors from all kind of franchise.

He then walks to the chair and turn on the TV and PS5 and start playing Spider-Man Miles Morales. After a while he heard a voice from behind.

“Look at him, he didn’t even notice us” a familiar voice said. “I don’t understand, we sit right here, I even notice that his line of sight pass right at us several times. How can he not notice us?” another voice is heard. The latter seems older and carrying an unknown accent but still have a great charisma.

. . .

“Can’t he hear us talking? Why isn’t he turn around?” The older one asks. “*Sigh* He never change, he always been like this. Anyway, this is taking too long.” The familiar voice said, then he moves toward the newcomer to greet him. But just as he touches the newcomer’s shoulder, he jumps out his chair.

“Wh-who are you guys?” He said with a high-pitched voice as he still startled. But as he takes a closer look, he immediately recognizes the one who startle him. “Fatty?” He carefully asks.

“Heyo Four-Eyes, how are you doing? Damn bro you look old, how old are you when you died? Fatty asks with a carefree smile.

Still stunned as Four-Eyes seeing his best friend, he continues staring. He remembered his best friend died because of heart complication when he was taking his second degree. He remembered how he mourn for months after his departure.

But eventually he moves on, continuing his study and got a PhD in Education with more focus on science. He teaches a special experimental class that integrating all branch of science and its applications. As a teacher he more than often helps poor student by help them by writing letter of recommendation for scholarship [AN: teacher salary is small, so he can’t help them directly]. He also often creates a collaboration on technological innovation project with his students. But he always refuses when asked to take credits on their innovation or asked by some company to work on their company saying he loves teaching more. Unbeknown to him, his invention used by his student to help people [AN: yes, his karma is big, not as big as “those” cheaters though].

“Hello, you okay bro” Fatty ask cutting his thought. “Hey, it’s me Fatty, I’m hurt that you didn’t recognize me anymore bro, am I that forgettable?” Fatty continue ask playfully.

After taking a deep breath Four-Eyes answer. “How could I forget, you are my best friend.” Smiling he continue “I just surprised that I’m seeing you again. Does that mean I’m dead too? But why I’m here, shouldn’t I go to heaven or something?” as he saying that he takes another look at his room.

“Dude, you’re in heaven.” Fatty saying a little exparated. “You’re really lack of imagination, what kind of a man imagining a heaven is a room full of gaming device? You should be asking for 72 virgins or something.”

“Hey back off, this is good, I already loving it here. What form is your heaven anyway?” Four-Eyes answer defensively.

“Yeah, about that, I’m not going to heaven, I’m going to be reincarnated to another world. God said those are too young often given another chance to life their full live in another world.” Fatty explains.

After hearing that Four-Eyes eyes softened. “Yeah, you should do that. Be happy in your next life alright. After you dead you can come visit me here and talks about it.” Four-Eyes said while smiling.

“Umm, yeah about that. You know in those isekai novel, the MC gets something like a cheat, right?” Fatty start to get nervous.

“Oh yeah I remember, so what kind of cheat you get? Do you have a system or something? Haha” Four-Eyes ask remembering those cheat character with their systems.

“Yeah well, about my ‘cheat’, I’m looking at it right now.” Fatty start rubbing his hands as its starting to sweat.

Hearing that Four-Eyes start to look around. “I see, you want to bring these gadgets, let me guess you will reincarnated into a world in medieval times. Knowing you, there will be magic and you want these gadgets to be connected with previous world internet or something so you can bring the civilization to the next age. Am I right?” Four-Eyes nodding at himself and so sure of his answer.

Fatty’s eyes start to darts around the room. “Yeah no. not something like that. Good Idea though haha” He said while laughing nervously.

“Then what? I don’t see anything look like a cheat around this room.” Four-Eyes ask confused

“Well, I said I’m looking at it.” Fatty answer looking straight at Four-Eyes.

Raising his eyebrow and pointing at himself, Four-Eyes ask “Me?”

“Haha, yeah” Fatty can’t continue to look at Four-Eyes and just looking at the floor. He felt guilty about it, he sees four-eyes reaction and remembered God’s warning that an old soul that already live their live more often chose to rest in heaven. Some just already fulfilled his wish some just tired of living.

“*Sigh* well who’s lack of imagination now? Haha” Four-Eyes mocked. “Can’t you change the wish though? I’m just want to rest. The responsibility for the living is heavy you know. Creating a family, gets a stable job, raising children and so on is tiring you know.” Four-Eyes said smiling tiredly.

“But what kind of adventure if there is no best friend to share it?” Fatty said making Four-Eyes stunned.

“Hahaha, alright then one last ride then.” Four-Eyes said as he raises his hand for a fist bump. Fatty eyes brightened. “Yeah yeah yeah, just one last ride bro.” Fatty said excitedly and meeting his fist bump with his own.

Because they were so excited they continue to talks. They even talk about Four-Eyes’s life, about how he taking care of Fatty little brother after he died and how he gets married to his high school crush. Then they move to their nerdier topic.

“So you’re telling me that you know how MCU ends?” Dude you have to tell me about it!” Fatty ask excitedly.

“Haha okay, but I got a better idea why not we watch them now, If I’m not wrong they should be here in the PC.” Four-Eyes said as they both move on to the PC.

“I got an even better idea.” A misterius voice forgotten by both nerd is heard and making both of them jump.

2