Diplomatic Pt. 2
307 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “What seems to be the problem?” the mayor asked as he looked at me. There seemed to be a suspicious look on his face. I wondered if he already knew why I was here. This made me agitated.

“Why am I being told that you and your people have been hunting the dragon people for sport? And where are the ones that you have kidnapped?” I asked with contempt in my voice. He shook his head and smiled.

“Someone has been filling your head with nonsense,” the mayor said as he tried to avert his eyes. This only angered me more. Now he was trying to treat me like I was stupid and blind. I could see a hint of happiness on his face.

“Those people are no different than you and me. They deserve to live in peace without fear of being attacked,” I said, trying to reason with him. He turned to me and smirked.

“Those people are animals, just like you. We haven’t done anything to you and the other girls because I thought you would help solve our little problem. Now it seems that you are just as useless as they are,” the mayor said as he reached for his sword. As if by instinct, I pulled a feather from my wing and placed it at his throat.

            “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. I am not some commoner with no experience, and I am not afraid of you,” I said, pressing the blade tight against his skin, just enough to draw blood. I watched as the fire in his eyes diminished. Slowly he moved his hand away from his sword.

            “You don’t understand. I can’t just stop. These people will never forgive what we have done. They will attack these people. There are innocent children involved. Think about the children,” the mayor said, trying to plead with me. Though I didn’t have an Ice heart, it was he who had put the kids in danger in the first place.

            “You claim to worry about the innocent, yet you were the one who brought this upon them. It is your job to lead these people,” I said, keeping my blade at the mayor’s throat.

            “I may lead them, but it is their choice to follow my lead,” the mayor said, trembling. I almost wanted to laugh, seeing him cowering before me. The same kind of person he calls a freak.

            “But you control the land. You can take somebody’s home if they decide against you. Therefore, it is your fault,” I said, not lowering my blade. I watched his face as he tried to think of a response, waiting for him to say something stupid.

            “Your right. I will stop this. But how can I be assured that those things will not still retaliate?” the mayor asked as he stared at me. Smirking, I looked at him.

            “I am having someone set up a meeting with their leader as we speak. I will go to their home and talk to them there,” I said. The mayor seemed surprised at this. Then, just for a second, I thought I saw a smile cross his face. Maybe I just saw things.

            I lowered my blade as I heard a knock at the door. When I turned to look at the door, I heard the mayor draw his sword. Turning around just in time, I brought my blade up to defend myself. As he went to swing his sword again, I dodged it and swung my blade. When I turned back to see his body, his head fell to the floor.

            The door to the house opened, revealing that Taylor and Aliona were standing there. The dragon people had all fled. Taylor gasped when she saw the mayor’s body on the floor.

            “He tried to kill me. I acted on instinct,” I said, trying to defend myself. Taylor shook her head and looked at me.

            “You don’t have to explain yourself, love. I know you wouldn’t kill someone out of cold blood,” she said as I walked over to them. She embraced me, and Aliona embraced us both. It felt weird with her clawed hand around me, but I wasn’t going to complain.

            Seeing that people were starting to gather, I decided to do something that I wouldn’t normally do. Fighting the urge to vomit, I grabbed the mayor’s head and walked outside.

            People gasped and screamed as I carried the mayor’s head. Some even spat at me. I knew they were going to be angry, but I knew what I needed to do. When I was in the center of the crowd, I jumped into the air and hovered where I could see everyone.

            “THIS MAN, WHO YOU CALLED YOUR MAYOR, ORDERED YOU TO ATTACK PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE DIFFERENT THAN YOU. HE THOUGHT OF US NOT AS PEOPLE BUT AS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE HUNTED DOWN AND KILLED. WHEN I TRIED TO REASON WITH HIM, AND STOP THIS MEANINGLESS BATTLE, HE TRIED TO KILL ME.

“I DEFENDED MYSELF, FIGHTING OFF HIS ATTACK, AND IT ENDED BADLY. I DID NOT WANT IT TO COME TO THIS. I WAS HOPING FOR A PEACEFUL RESOLVE, BUT THE MAYOR COULDN’T OVERCOME HIS BELIEFS. NOW, I HAVE SOMEONE COMING TO GET ME SO THAT I MAY MEET WITH THE LEADER OF THE DRAGON PEOPLE. I AM HOPING TO END THIS WAR. WHOEVER TAKES THE MAYOR’S PLACE, PLEASE ALLOW THIS WAR TO END. THERE IS NO NEED FOR INNOCENT PEOPLE TO DIE,” I said before throwing the mayor’s head as far out of town as I could.

            I waited for people to try and attack me. For some kind of altercation, but instead, they all stood there staring at me.

            “She’s right. There is no need for this war. I have no problem with the dragon people. I never understood why we were fighting in the first place, other than to defend our village. If what this girl says is true, he really wasn’t our mayor,” one of the men in the crowd said. In unison, others started to agree with him. I watched in awe as more and more people started to agree.

            Just as I was about to say something else, the girl I had met earlier was flying this way. The people of the village started to panic. Although they had just agreed to want to live in peace, their village was just attacked, so it was understandable.

            “This is the one I asked to set up a meeting with the leader of the dragon people. She is not here to harm you,” I said. People started to calm down a bit, but they were still readying themselves for anything.

            When the girl finally reached me, she landed in the center of the crowd, watching as they raised their weapons, then turning to me, ignoring them.

            “Our leader said that she would meet with you. She says that all she wants is peace and hopes that the leader of this village will accept the same,” the girl said. I looked at her and sighed. There was no leader to accept the agreement.

            “That is going to be a bit, at current, there is no leader of the village. He proved to be uncooperative and tried to kill me. I did what I had to, to defend myself.

            “I will act as leader until we, as a village, decide on one. Tell your leader that this village wants nothing but peace between our people. In fact, I would like to have traded between our people,” one of the guards from the other day said. I really needed to get his name.

            “I will inform our leader of these events. But we must go soon. My leader is impatient with these matters. These attacks have hurt our people just as much as this village.” The girl said. I nodded.

            “Before I go, I must ask. What is your name, sir?” I asked the new mayor.

“Maximillian Carver,” he said, smiling. There was something about the way he smiled that left me feeling worried.

            I was about to follow the dragon girl when there was a cracking sound. Then right in front of us, another portal opened. I almost died when I saw Maddison step through the portal.

            “Oh my god, I found you guys. You all need to stop whatever you are doing and come back home. I can’t explain it now, but everything you were made to believe is a lie, Angel. About whom the goddess is, what you are, and even the guy who I have been with.” Maddison said. I looked at the dragon girl.

            “Relay what the new mayor said. I wish I could meet your leader, but my world is in trouble, and I need to go,” I said. The girl nodded and took off, then I turned and saw Aliona. I could see sorrow and desperation in her eyes. “Come with us. You said it yourself, there is nothing for you here,” I said. This seemed to brighten her up.

            Taylor was the first to step through the portal. I looked back at Max as that same eerie feeling washed over me. I guided Aliona through the portal, then followed behind her.

            After what seemed like five seconds, we were standing in Ashley and Esme’s apartment. Before I could even take a step, I was knocked over by someone. Wiggling enough to see who it was, I saw Esme in her human form, her arms wrapped around me.

            “Oh my god, you have been gone for so long. We thought we would never see you,” Esme gushed.

            “Esme, let her breathe. Give her a moment to enjoy being back home before we tear her life apart,” came a males voice. Looking past Esme, I saw her brother Arron. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days. Then his words hit me.

            “what do you mean, tear my life apart? And what does Maddison mean about everything I know being a lie?” I asked. Arron sighed and shook his head.

            “You are going to want to sit down for this,” Arron said as he sat on the couch. I sat in one of the lazy chairs and waited for what Arron was about to tell me.

I am sorry for the delay, but I had company over that I wasn't expecting. I hope you loved this chapter as I did writing it. It is good to be home once again. And with a new friend. What will this mean for Angel and Taylor relationship, or will our young harpy find love someone else in this new world. Stay tuned. The next chapter is going to be a good on.

If you are enjoying my work and would like to help me be able to make this my career, consider becoming a patreon where you will get access to chapters before they are posted as well as the chance to read my new project: How a Statue Changed My Life. Thank you again for reading my story and I hope you will follow me as I write more stories..

If you want to read more of my work you can find my other story: Trouble at Helsing Academy here

11