Chapter 8
28 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I glanced back at where Joe was looking, squinting my eyes at the bare ground and spotted a faint distortion, a sort of heat haze that shouldn’t have been possible at the middle of a cold night.

 

I woke the team, though they swatted my hands with quite the force when I shook them, but they still got ready in a relatively short amount of time.

 

Roland instructed us to keep an eye out for the snake's partner, Nog attracted the attention of the snake by rattling his shield while Roland and Foranda circled around.

 

Roland gave me the signal to shoot, drawing back my bow and straightening my focus on the lithe and narrow finger of the vicious constrictor, I let the arrow loose, it speedily flew through the air and ended up piercing the snake’s middle body, the snakes gave me the hiss and moved on despite the wound.

 

Its body instantly collapsed on itself, the muscle visibly showing on its muddy scales, and with a head shake, it launched towards Nog and slammed his shield with such a force that the hardwood splintered, and from the painful grunt you heard, Nog isn’t gonna feel good about that arm of his.

 

Roland and Foranda were not prepared for the sudden attack but they still charged towards the unsteady snake.

 

I slotted another arrow from the quiver, fully drawn and ready, just waiting for an opportunity to present itself.

 

My gaze wandered a bit from the main fight and spotted a disturbance in the dirt and bushes, I aimed at the spot where the head of the snake would be if it had been camouflaged.

 

Letting the arrow loose and hearing a satisfying hiss of pain from it, the sudden spurt of blood coated the snake, I had hit it in the head, like a headshot.

 

The fight between the three melee companions ended with the snake turning into a cut pieces of snake.

 

Nog’s feet fell under him, he removed the strapped broken shield from his hands and the dented iron gauntlets, Joe inspected his wound, a purple bruise he had gotten from the fierce enemy.

 

Before you retired back to your guard position, Roland announced that we will return to the inn, his schedule changed when the two front liners got injured so easily, his expectation mislead or more like underestimated the physical might and instincts of the monsters.

 

My night’s watch passed by uneventfully, it was boring but you enjoyed it, it brought you back to the days when I and my little brothers snuck out of the house in the middle of the night to see the Goldar, a green comet that appears on the heavens every turn of the season.

 

With the sun coming out of the horizon, I packed up my bed roll and the morsels of cooked snakes, we tracked ourselves back to the inn, going through the bushes and roots in blazing speed.

 

We were just on the border of the forest, beside a particularly outcropping off rock, when I spotted something white, something that gave me the feeling of divinity, a purity unrivaled, and then I spotted her.

 

A woman, no, a saint, an angel with unbeatable beauty, with her 12 feathered wings and bountiful breasts open there for all the world to see, my breath was stolen from my throat.

 

I was about to exclaim, but she turned towards me and brought her dainty fingers up to her red lips, and shushed me.

 

I can’t speak about her, the moment I try to formulate the words on my tongue they disappear.

 

She? She smiled and her wings flapped, carrying her away into the clouds, her beautiful figure obscured by the damnable clouds.

 

I continued on my walking, feeling like I had forgotten something important, but seeing that I had lagged behind, I dismissed it and ran towards my team.

2