Chapter 2 : World Formed by Broken Bits of Mythology and Tales
473 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 : World Formed by Broken Bits of Mythology and Tales

 

What Reed received on the [Inherited Memory] section was not the information he had thought he could obtain so easily.

 

The only opened category under that section was the [Creation] and [Specific Species]. Aside from that everything was the same, he can't access it nor look at it.

 

If Reed was not able to find his sweetheart's name, then he might have exploded this place up.

 

Who cares if he transmigrated. Who cares if he was now in a different body and identity. With that person gone, his entire being will lose all purpose.

 

But thankfully he was now calm and rational. He watched every video and movie available, and finally concluded that his Echo was here too.

 

Why?

 

It's because he says so! No, it's because of the banner hanging proudly at that section.

 

Whether that was the person he was looking for or not, the original owner met that person and deemed to be very important in her heart too.

 

Right! 'her'! The original was a girl!

 

Again, how would he know?

 

Because he knew! Somehow he knew...just a hunch...

 

It was instinct perhaps...

 

And this makes him frustrated for a long time.

 

He was a man! A big man with a proud and huge ego!

 

But he was a submissive boyfriend...

 

And now...he became a girl...

 

He totally became a bottom... And won't be able to top anymore.

 

Reed sighed and decided to throw that off for now. He will deal with his dilemma after he gets hold of his new body within his complete control.

 

...

 

After patching up what he knows about his new world. Reed can only describe all of it in one word. 'Fascinating!'

 

This new world Reed came to was truly a magnificent and astounding world. 

 

When Reed watched the first disk he was already hooked. Like watching a mythological film, Reed felt that this world is truly magical.

 

This world is a collection of broken bits and distorted facts from mythological and fairy tales on Earth. 

 

Like from how this world formed and created life. The first living being in this world were the Titans. Yup, Chaos1Chaos (Ancient Greek: χάος, romanized: kháos) is the mythological void state preceding the creation of the universe (the cosmos) in Greek creation myths. In Christian theology, the same term is used to refer to the gap created by the separation of heaven and earth.

ref link! was the origin of all life forms. However what comes next was not the same as the original Greek mythology.

 

Chaos gives birth to Erebus2Erebos, (Ancient Greek: Ἔρεβος, romanized: Érebos, "deep darkness, shadow" or "covered") is the personification of darkness and one of the primordial deities.

Ref link!– the personification of darkness itself. As Chaos was slowly engulfed by darkness; Hyperion3Hyperion (/haɪˈpɪəriən/; Greek: Ὑπερίων, romanized: Hyperion, 'he who goes before') In Greek mythology, Hyperion, was, along with his son Helios, a personification of the sun, with the two sometimes identified.

ref link!– the Titan god of light appeared in order to equate Chaos and to stop Erebus from devouring everything. And so the first Titan was born.

 

Everything follows as dark and light balanced each other, another being was born. Nyx4Nyx is the Greek goddess (or personification) of the night. A shadowy figure, Nyx stood at or near the beginning of creation and mothered other personified deities such as Hypnos (Sleep) and Thanatos (Death), with Erebus (Darkness).

ref link!– the dark night. Born between the light and the dark– the shadows who shrouded the middle forming a line dividing the light and the dark.

 

Nyx, who was not satisfied, wanted to swallow Hyperion but failed. Hyperion was broken into many pieces, then Hemera5Hemera was one of the primordial deities in Greek mythology, the daughter of the primordial deities Erebus (darkness) and Nyx (night). She was the personification of the day.

ref link!– the daytime came into being. Followed by Aether6In Greek mythology, Aether, Aither, or Ether (/ˈiːθər/; Ancient Greek: Αἰθήρ (Brightness) pronounced [ai̯tʰɛ̌ːr]) is the personification of the bright upper sky.

ref link! and the twins Astraeus7ASTRAIOS (Astraeus) was the Titan god of stars and planets and of the art of astrology. By Eos (the Dawn) he was the father of the Stars and the four seasonal Winds. The arrival of these Winds was heralded by the rising of certain constellations.

ref link! and Asteria8In Greek mythology, Asteria or Asterie was the Titan goddess of falling stars and perhaps of nighttime divinations such as oneiromancy (by dreams) and astrology (by stars). She was the mother of Hekate (Hecate), goddess of witchcraft, by the Titan Perses.

ref link!.

 

From then on, slowly but the world was steadily forming. The Titan Gaia9In Greek mythology, Gaia, is the personification of the Earth and one of the Greek primordial deities. Gaia is the ancestral mother—sometimes parthenogenic—of all life.

ref link! was born, the same time as Oceanus10In Greek mythology, Oceanus was a Titan son of Uranus and Gaia, the husband of his sister the Titan Tethys, and the father of the river gods and the Oceanids, as well as being the great river which encircled the entire world.

OKEANOS (Oceanus) was the primordial Titan god of the great, earth-encircling River Okeanos, font of all of the earth's fresh-water - rivers, wells, springs and rain-clouds. He was also the god who regulated the heavenly bodies which rose from and set into his waters.

ref link! also here! and Dyeus11Dyēus was the Sky or Day conceived as a divine entity, and thus the dwelling of the gods, the Heaven. As the gateway to the deities and the father of both the Divine Twins and the goddess of the Dawn.

Ref Link!.

 

These three, because of their own limitations and differences, were always in conflict. One day. Gaia then thought of a wicked plan of making Oceanus and Dyeus fight each other off. She acts as a middleman and delivers fake unpleasant and nasty words saying that the other said it with their own mouth so that these two can start a fight. And after Gaia succeeded, she offered her assistants to the two of them while they still remained ignorant.

 

Dyeus as the sky, can't reach down towards Oceanus, the ocean itself. So he asked Gaia if he could borrow some of her stones and rocks for thrashing, and she gave Dyeus some. While Oceanus asked Gaia to go far away so that his waters wouldn't be hindered when he threw them up to Dyeus, she agreed again and moved far away from them.

 

With Oceanus creating big waves of water to the sky and Dyeus throwing down big and large stones and rocks, their fight continues like this for thousands of years. Until it slowly ended. The rocks and stones Dyeus threw at Oceanus became islands, the water Oceanus threw back at Dyeus became the clouds. With many things hindering them from seeing each other, their fight came to a stop with Gaia as the winner.

 

As the time goes by, naturally, life forms from these newly formed lands and seas. Oceanus watched as the fishes swam over his waters, Dyeus looked at the birds flying by his sky, and Gaia guided the creatures living in her lands. 

 

This is the creation of the world.

 

If Reed still has his own form, then he will absolutely give this movie a standing ovation with three hard claps. He can even try shedding a tear while saying, 'as expected of Gaia! So crafty!'

 

Proceeding with the next one. One by one Reed watched all of them. And he realized one thing. 

 

The sky and the oceans were restricted by the land and the clouds. They can't properly watch over and guide the creatures living on their own territory, like Gaia did. That's why the land dwellers were the only creatures that evolved and developed faster than the two.

 

However, because the land creatures evolved quickly and became stronger. Not only their body changes, their mind sets too. They desire more, they want more, and so, they are prone to war. 

 

Unlike the creatures of the sky and the ocean who lived peacefully, all the years the land spent their time fighting each other.

 

The sky dwellers isolated themselves, they fear the dangers of the land and afraid of the unknown and mysterious waters. They did not want to participate in any other worldly affairs that did not require their attention. Contrary to the sky dwellers, the sea creatures were not afraid of anything. 

 

They know everything that was happening above the surface. They did not fear the sky, for they knew that the sky was afraid of the sea. They did not fear the land because they know that they can't reach the deep waters.

 

The sea creatures developed their powers in secret. While the land was in constant war for power and territories, and the sky was hiding and minding their own business. The sea was rising and building their own powerhouse and completely dominating the entire ocean. 

 

And the ocean surrounds the entire world. 

 

Reed watched while silently giving thumbs up to the world settings and storyline of the movie he was watching.

 

'This was the memory of the sea and the entire ocean. The Inherited Memory. Hahaha. So that's how it is. Interesting.' Reed thought that he needed to ask someone to know this information but it seems that he does not have to do it now. Although it was just the tip of the iceberg. Reed was still completely satisfied.

 

Reed continued watching the first world war commence where the Giants went instinctively, what remained was the so called 'Guardians'. The sky, the land, and the sea all have their own guardians protecting their own realm. 

 

The sky has Phoenix, the sea has sea serpents, while the land had nothing as they already destroyed their own with their continued war a long time ago.

 

What they had was many divided territories. Like Mediana12Medeina or Medeinė (from Lithuanian: medis – "tree" or medė – "forest") often treated as synonymous to Žvorūnė or Žvorūna (derived from žvėris – "beast"), is one of the main deities in the Lithuanian mythology, and is similar to Latvian Meža māte (Forest Mother). She is a ruler of forests, trees and animals. Her sacred animal is a hare.

ref link!, Gaia and Tartarus13Greek Primordial God of the Underworld Pit.. What greatly intrigued Reed was that, not a single word did the memory mentioned about humans. It seems that humans did not exist in this world.

 

While all Titans were already in deep slumber and became part of nature itself. Oceanus became the ocean, Gaia became the land they came to call Gaia too. And Dyeus became the sky continent that hovers above the sky. Other Titans like Mediana, Tartarus, Aether and others also integrate themselves to the world after falling deep asleep, completely setting the world in balance.

 

Nevertheless, the [Inherited Memories] seem not interested with the affairs above the surface as it focused solemnly on picking a very good brain washing information.

 

Reed was sure that the [Inherited Memory] was possessed by every single being that resides within the sea. 

 

After finishing the whole shelves in [Creation], Reed proceeded to [Specific Species].

 

At first he was curious. He was guessing what it was and thought it was a whole list of Oceanus' residents, but it was not.

 

It was just a bunch of nonsense.

 

After introducing the creation of the world and the chaos and danger above the surface. And after presenting the differences between the three realms, the [Inherited Memory] very much empathizes with the importance of the royal family. How every sea creature should worship and serve the royal bloodline. How powerful and amazing they are. How they're very being is the embodiment of the sea itself. And how the royal blood carries the power of the sea.

 

Reed was not surprised. The ocean creatures were always united and did not have any internal dispute. 

 

'So it's because of this [Inherited Memories]' Reed wanted to shout out loud for a praise to those that thought of using this kind of method. 

 

If this was received by a newborn that has a blank slate mind, then they will certainly be conditioned.

 

This really makes Reed curious and interested about this world. It was dangerous, yes. But only by knowing and exploring all these wonders can Reed find his beloved person.

 

Reed was sure Echo was out there somewhere. He was also very intrigued about the outside world. Before, he also liked to travel. If not because of their special circumstances, Reed very much likes to visit every tourist sights on Earth. 

 

'We can just do it in this world!' Reed excitedly fantasized bringing Echo around in every mystic wonders in this world. Since this world is a fantasy one, then the scenery would look more beautiful and marvelous. Totally fitting for an out of this world experience!

 

Unbeknownst to Reed that this thought of his will became a reality. He will experience many out of this world events before meeting his beloved.

 

However, that serves for the future.

 

Nevertheless, Reed can't help but feel a little scared. He was sure that Echo is within the same world as his, because this body already has recorded memory regarding Echo. What he was anxious about is this body's huge collection of memories...

 

'But what does it mean?'

 

'Echo was here all along, while I just arrived? Echo already had an interaction with this body??'

 

Thinking in that direction, Reed felt a surging tide of extreme fear, anxiety and jealousy attacking him.

 

'This is not good. No, no, no. I'm still not sure. Those memories were all blank! Can't just create a conclusion by myself!'

 

'That's right! I just need to meet Echo again and everything will be solved!'

 

...

 

With that Reed continues exploring the depths of the information he can hold from these available videos. And it looked like he could only receive the name of the sea creatures he belonged to.

 

Reed even let out an amazing 'oh' in his mind after watching the whole introduction about his own species.

 

[They have the most connection towards the ocean. They use their voice as an instrument of power and they control water like nature. The darling of the sea, and closest and the most powerful being within the oceans.]

 

Reed pauses the video to play an imaginary drum roll in his mind. Reed already knows what creature it is. Even Poseidon and Neptune choose that creature's image. Not only are they beautiful, they are also very powerful.

 

Of course they are...

 

[The Merpeople]

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

After emptying his mind and getting out of his 'movie theater', Reed tried to feel his surroundings.

 

At first he felt nothing. Like he was sleeping, no feelings, no sensation. Like he was non-existent. Then slowly he regained his senses.

 

One by one his senses regain their capabilities. First his hearing, then the sensation of his skin, after that was his mobility, and lastly his sight.

 

...

 

Bubbles. Bubbles. Bubbles.

 

Blop. Blop. Blop.

 

Faint sounds of bubbles forming from the depths going up until they burst. The flow and the wave of water current, Reed immerse himself with such under the sea experience he never had before.

 

Although Reed already knew that he was in the water, he was still marveling at the fact that he can breathe underwater. It was a very fascinating experience.

 

With his skin sensation coming back, Reed experienced another wonderful feeling. 

 

Reed felt he was floating. He was surprised when he perceived that the water was not cold. The warm touch of water enveloped him.

 

And his body, it was extremely sensitive. He can also feel many extra sensations he knew did not belong to a human.

 

But Reed does not care. His mind already accepted the facts that he was not a human anymore. Human or not, it was the same for him. At least he was still alive and had a chance to live and experience life with his sweetheart again.

 

Reed tried to recall how he died. 

 

But no matter how he thinks, he just can't remember. He could only conclude that his death is one of the things he forgot about himself, or his death was involved with 'Echo'. After all, he forgot everything about that person. 

 

Nevertheless, there is one thing he is sure of, he really died, but he didn't go to the afterlife, rather regain a new life!

 

Maybe this is an opportunity. He was not sure how he lived with Echo in his previous life. Still he knew instinctively about these intense feelings deep in his soul, and with these feelings, Reed knew what his relationship with that person named Echo. And since he died, Reed thought that maybe they arrived in a tragedy in his previous life. 

 

He just hoped that they’re story on Earth is like Romeo and Juliet, if that’s the case.

 

...and if this is really an opportunity for them, then he will gladly embrace it.

 

He doesn't know how he– how they died. But Reed now is about to begin his new life, in a new body. He may not know where Echo is, this new life might be a chance for them to get a happy ending.

 

But still though, Reed wanted to have a beautiful body to occupy. This body was a girl, his only desire was for 'her' to be beautiful. As much as he wanted to doubt it, Reed instinctively felt that Echo would like Reed no matter what he looks like. Even if he was a crippled or ugly as long as it was Reed, Echo will certainly love every part of him.

 

But Reed wanted to look the best for Echo. Even before, even if he did not know whether or not he was handsome or ugly, he always made sure to properly maintain a neat and clean appearance. He was especially a very popular celebrity before. And of course, Reed wanted to meet Echo in a beautiful and unforgettable manner. Reed imagines a beautiful first meeting with Echo— it should be like meeting a love at first sight.

 

And since Reed was now inside another body, he is sure that his old illness will not follow him in this body. 

 

'It was genetics, lol. I can finally see what Echo looks like!'

 

Then as if realizing something, Reed became anxious again.

 

'This body was a girl and a mermaid. Then what will become of my Echo...'

 

He did not really care what his sweetheart appearance or species came to be. What he feared was her species' natural habitat.

 

He was a mermaid. He does not know if he can transform as a human like those in the stories. And based on the knowledge he acquired there are three realms in this world. The sky, the land and the ocean. 

 

Currently he is in the ocean. The land was much easier to access than the sky. 

 

How can he fly?

 

He was a mermaid!!

 

He has tail fins not wings!

 

Letting out a heavy sigh full of worry, Reed remains blind and unmoving underwater. He does not know how much time had passed, but he just let his mind go. Not thinking anything and just let those problems be for the time being.

 

He just calmly waits for his body to gain capability of making movements, his eyes can follow after, and he can think of these problems again. Until then, Reed just continued to wait.

 

Bubbles. Bubbles. Bubbles.

 

Blop. Blop. Blop.

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

Bubbles. Bubbles. Bubbles.

...

 

Expect some familiar names, okay!

It was not it for following the world settings but also because this one is too lazy thinking names.

But this laziness strikes me back. I need to research more because of it. QAQ

15