Chapter VI : Guardian of the Seas ★
363 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the coldest continent located from the north, a long and huge fissure that divided the frozen ground into two– that can fit an entire Kingdom– situated at the very heart of the Winter Forest and the Forbidden Land. 

Unbeknownst to anyone but this huge canyon was infact the very same Deep Trench of the sea. One of the five Mysteries of the Ocean and the most mysterious one of all. 

This deep trench just appeared all of the sudden thousands of years ago. No one knows how deep this trench is, and no one dares to know.

...

There, inside the very cold, dark and deep canyon lies a land of wonders and mystic. Despite the cold, only a fractured of the waters rime frozen. And it actually made this underwater scenery much more beautiful that it seems like a world inside a snow globe.

And if Reed was to witness this glorious scenery, then she will noticed its resemblance to the cave she first awoken to. 

Shining glowing crystals grows on the ground and walls. A huge tree seemingly curve from snow and ice. Two large roots twisted and intertwine together leaving no gap or space, except for that big diamond shape hole in the middle of the tree. Where in the center of the hole was a sphere that seems like a huge crystal ball. It was big enough to occupied the entire hole and only left a few dozen of inches in between.

At the top of the tree, glowing orbs of silver light lay rested on the leaves and branches. Some scattered on the ground and stayed on top of the crystals, others just float aimlessly at the water. And perfectly shape crystalized snowflakes flowed down to the ocean floor completely dieing the entire ground white, filled with snow and ice.

It was a pure white world below the dark and deep ocean trench. 

However why did such magnificent and gorgeous place was set in such place that no one can go to?

A scene that is worth being exhibit in the outside world, and should be showered by glory and praise like the Seven Wonders enjoyed to have.

If anyone where to find this place and asked this kind of question then there can only be one answer to that.

Treasures.

Like how the Illusionary Labyrinth protected it's treasure with its illusion, this deep trench was made for the same purpose, yet not the same goal.

If the labyrinth objective was to hide a certain person then this deep trench aims was to give a certain creature peace and quiet place to rest.

That's right a certain creature.

...

...

...

Behind the large tree was a giant cave. It was a dark and no light reach it. Unlike the wonderful scenery outside, the surroundings of the cave looked like a barren land with nothing but stone and ice. The light orbs avoided it for a reason.

Further deep within the dark sea cave, soft heavy breathing of a creature reverberate throughout the dark enclosed space. 

Then suddenly, a warm water currently that travels from some place far away swiftly made it through the huge fissure down towards the cave, where a certain creature take his thousands years of slumber.

The warm stream of water passed by many obstacle like a sly slippery snake and easy slip in the huge cave. As the warm water stream reach the end of the dark cave, it slowly changed shape– turning into a bubble, then it burst once it complete its transformation.

Warm energy scattered across the wide enclosed space, melting the ice within its surroundings, and an ethereal voice sounded within. The waters trembled with the voice humming a happy melody that echoes throughout the entire cave.

As the song scattered it's notes, the pulsating snore of the creature halted. Two huge glint appeared inside the darkness. It glimmers as it reflect very dangerous and heavy light. Looking closer it was a huge eye, with silver iris and a dark vertical, sharp elliptical pupils. It gleamed was menacing. 

The creatures pupils narrowed incredibly as it heard the familiar singing voice and its familiar way of tuning a melody. It moved it's gigantic body that cause a great tremor. Stone and ice fell from the sudden large movement. 

...

...

...

Outside, glowing light orbs all gathered around the tree, completely hiding from the creature that finally woken up after thousands of years.

Their lights flicked nervously, like they did something very wrong. 

And at the center of this flickering glowing light orbs, was a lot more larger orb. In the middle of that orb is a gleam of azure light. 

That specific light orb shivers and tucked itself under other orbs. Completely hidden from view.

...

...

Above the huge canyon, flock of birds flew quickly far away, different species of land animals panicked and run rampant everywhere across the Winter Forest.

Then the frozen land shook as earthquake occured large enough for the whole Land of Gaia to experienced.

It was not enough for the land dwellers to experience the dread of the surging tides and large waves that seems to plunder the shores. Now they actually felt terrible premonition that something seems to have been awaken that was not supposed to. And that everything, from now on will never be the same again.

While the land was busy pondering deeply about their future, the ocean was celebrating.

Every since the last bloodline of royals disappeared thousand years ago, the sea creatures hide themselves at the bottom never dare to emerge from the surface again.

Afraid of the growing greed for power of the land, and feeling a great apprehension towards those proud and arrogant Celestials from the sky that suddenly appeared out of no where. 

No one from the sea ever venture out of the surface, complete forgotten and treated as a mere tale.

Now that the true ruler has come back, they will never have to feel afraid of anyone again.

...

...

...

From the dark huge cave, emerge a gigantic head of a Sea Serpent. Strong and tough head the looked like a dragon that was covered with translucent artic blue scale. Three pairs of white horn, and a sharp fins extending from his temples continued onwards to his tail.

It's cold piercing silvery eyes glared at the glowing light orbs that were somehow shivering and was desperately hiding under the covers of the leaves and branches of the white tree.

The gigantic creature squinted his eyes and opened his mouth. He let out a deep, ferocious, and loud roar that causes another large earthquake that was several times much stronger than the first long shake earlier.

Burst of stream current rush towards the top of the tree, overwhelming the light orbs and made them fly off their hiding place.

Exposed, the light orbs trembling immensely, their light flickering on and off. Receiving another glare from the vicious creature, the light orbs stopped their trembling and slowly the silver light gleamed.

When the dimmed light almost faded it changes color. Pale sky blue light gently gleamed at the center of the silver glow. Then a small undine materializes. 

The are all made out of water and have a big cute head that was larger than its body. They does not have any hands or feet, but slender water tendrills of water. They were just as big as a palm, however they glow bright lights.

All light orbs turned out to be a water nymphs. If any land dwellers witness this scene, they will surely do whatever they can to gain the sentiments of these undines, since they were so rare at the surface. They are known to like silence and hate taking orders from anyone.

Especially, since some land dwellers uses the power of spirits. With how strong the enmity between land and the ocean, undine rarely form a contract with land dwellers to avoid provoking the spite of the ocean and get involve with any unnecessary feud between the three realms.

The water nymphs shines blue lights that somehow give life to white world. They gather together and move in line like a glowing blue ribbon dancing towards the gigantic Sea Serpent.

The Sea Serpent rush towards the group of undines as well, and the whole place shook and trembled as he move. 

As both creatures met, the water nymphs circled the Sea Serpent from his head further down to his body. And whenever those nymphs touches seemingly disappeared and turned into a pieces of scales flowing together with their movements.

A moment later, the shaking stop and large bout of glossy artic scale flew scattered like a whirlwind down the white floor. Like a bubble, the scale disintegrate into tiny glitters as a scaly strong feet came out.  

Tall and strong naked man emerge while the scales disappeared into a sparkly sands in the ocean. He was covered with artic blue scale glistening translucent glow. He have a long white hair and the same cold ferocious silvery eyes of the Sea Serpent. 

There are three pairs of horn on his head, and his ears were like fins, except that their tip were sharp and relatively strong. His body was flawlessly curved in excellent figure, his tight fitting muscle looked strong and attractive. The glossy scales decorated his snow white skin like a perfect work of art. And his handsome face was chiseled in fine sharp edges, his nose is perfectly shaped, looks long and masculine. Behind his sexy lips were teeth that can bite off almost anything like a sharp glistening teeth of a shark.

The remaining scale that was still yet to become dust gathered together to form a silky white robe. It flutters as it flew down towards the man.

The man did not move and let it come to him. 

As the man waited, it looks up towards the center of the large two rooted tree. A glint of apprehension flashed across his chilly cold eyes.

Perceiving the shifting mood of the mighty being at the center, despite not revealing any change on his indifferent and apathetic handsome face. A certain Nereid can't help but trembled, it gleamed it's light as it blended together with the other nymphs.

When the white robe finally rested on his shoulders, the man floated towards center of the tree, facing the large crystals ball on it. The undines swim closer to the man and hover around him again. 

The man reach out his right hand. Knowing what it meant, the only Sea Nymph around the bunch of Water Nymphs finally revealed it true form.

It became an arm size girl. Her whole being is made out of water, her small face looks pretty and delicate. 

Half of her body was like slender, flexible water tentacles, formed like a beautiful dress. Her small hands were clasped together, as she shivers in fear.

She knows she does not have any choice. It was her negligence. So, she have to face her Lord's anger. She then, divert her route, while the others swim off on the top of the tree to rest.

The Nereid rest at the man's palm, she shivers as she open and closed her mouth, as if she was talking– several bubbles came out of it. 

Contrary to what she expects, the man only nodded and let go of the trembling Nereid on his palm, then ignore her existence completely. The man stared at the crystal ball with its dilated silver eyes, and move closer to it.

He raise both his hands and place it at the surface of the globe while he thought deeply. 

Soon after, the man's silver eyes shirk then he lifted his head and looked up beyond the surface to the sky.

He sigh tiredly with bubbles forming out of his mouth. Then he bend his body to let his head rest at the huge crystal ball and close his eyes as if to feel something from the frozen globe.

After a period of time, the man opened his eyes again. Gentle and affectionate glow glimmer from that usual chilly cold and dangerous silver eyes. And his lips that was purse tightly suddenly arched up a smile as the man gazed fondly at the frozen globe that was slowly melting within his touch.

...

...

...

Make way for our ML!

Although he was already introduced, do t expect him to appear anytime at the following chapters.

They still can't meet!

Not yet!!

11