Chapter XIV : Beginning of an Exciting Adventure
405 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waving her pure white flute goodbye, Reed finally jumped high using the water to propel herself out of the lake into the sea.

The three month period was over and she finally have to leave.

She really treasure those fishes. Nemo and company were the first friends she made and the first creatures she met three weeks after she woke up. So, without them knowing she strengthen their connection to the sea which will gave them enough protection for a long time. Using the golden thread– that connects her and the fishes in the lake– she slowly guide the energy through them, so it will be easier for their body to absorb the power. Reed really wish she could make them strong but she can't. If Reed injected more energy to their bodies they might die. Their small fish bodies can't support that much power. It was already a surprise that they all have sentient, so, Reed somehow was already satisfied with this result.

Reed gave the island one last glanced, and placed the jade flute below her lips.

Closing her eyes, a start off high pitch tone sounded from the jade flute. A very slow rhythm, alternating between high and low pitch. A very mellow and soft melody.

This is Reed saying goodbye.

She don't know if she still can come back, but she will really miss this guys.

Ending the song by a pure crescendo, until the last note came out of the flute, Reed didn't opened her eyes.

Lowering her hands, she breathe in and out, setting her emotions in place. She then curled up her lips.

Staring forwards, Reed let out a radiant smile.

This is now trully the beginning of her exiting adventure.

'Now, let's go towards the Rainbow Bridge! The highway road towards the Timeless Island!'

...

...

...

Creek. Creek. Creek.

Chimes of old wood being exerted some pressure sounded across surface waters. Together with the agitated sounds of the bubbling waters from underneath the dark sea.

This is the signal, an alarm.

When the largest moon shines eerie red light, the ghost ship will emerge at the surface of the sea.

With a swoosh!

A tattered black ship emerge from the depths of the sea. It's old woods were covered with mosses and shells.

It sways for a long time before it finally stabilize and stays afloat unmoving. 

The ship was creepily quiet, and it was covered with dark fog that made it looked eerie and scary.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

A uncanny and queer unnatural sounds came from below the main deck. Ghostly shrill of winds blew passed the black skull flag hanging at the main topmast, while the mysterious sounds grew more louder and seems to be getting closer and closer to surface.

Bang!

The hatch was abruptly opened up, at the same time the sounds stopped.

From below the opening, was like a dark space, where nothing could be seen except the shadows of darkness. Black fog slowly came out, creeping out from every corner of the black ship.

Then, without a warning, a spine-chilling and freakish phenomenon took place. 

A still rotten hand of a corpse emerged from the abyss of the hatch. It held the ladder tightly and a wet sluggish sounds of something sticky and stiff cracking of bones gritting together resounded.

Creek. Creek. Creek.

And from underneath, undead corpses slowly climbed their way through and stood gathering at the center of the main deck. 

A tall well mannered undead was first to arrived. He wore blue sleeves and a leather vest. His body was stiff and bloated, except for his hands that already turned into a yellowish skeleton with a black and red thread like creeping in and entangling his bones, he looked normally handsome. 

However, his mouth suddenly opened. He seems to not mind it at all. His mouth opened more and more that his bruised, pale skin started tearing. Then, small crab appeared out from his wide tearing mouth, crawling all over his head.

Then his eyes turned making a squishy sound, as he followed the moving crab.

Plop. 

One of his eyes drop, and hanged with it charred black veins. 

He looked to be annoyed, he forcefully set his jaw back and poked his eyes back to his sockets. Coincidentally, the crab crawled near his mouth that was now closed, he quickly captured it with his mouth and a crisp cracking sounded as he chew the crab.

He was followed by bulky, huge and muscular man. Despite his rotting body, the tattoos meticulously drawn in his arms were well maintained. 

He smirked, letting out a sinister vibe. Wearing only a maroon vest with a black leather belt and an arm guard, he looked like a total junkie that just escape from prison.

Soon, four undead climbed out. A walking corpse that looked like he just came out of his grave, was first to climb up. His body was full of jewelry, looking like an Italian pirated with his flashy and delicate costume. 

Another one came out with a weird style. He wore a red apron while holding a silver ladle. His body was huge and seems to weight a ton, and there's this gentle am on his face that makes you feel cold. 

Then, a timid one that looks delicate and pretty, followed. His ruffle shirt and blue coat looks elegant, he was handsome looking like a prince that went lost and was kidnapped by pirates. If only he could looked sideways forever, such a waste of pretty face. 

Contrary, the last of the four was frightening. Unlike the others who did their best to maintained their appearances– he seems to be fond of what he look right now– a black skeleton wearing a tattered clothes. His eye balls rolled from its sockets, looking dry and ugly. His jaw gritted and his joints cracking. He carried this vicious aura of a murderer.

Rushing again from below, an undead that looked more like a pirate than the others, emerged. He directly ignore his mates and set off towards the quarter deck.

Then another walked out, a man that was holding his own arm. Beside him, was another undead that was holding onto a book and seemingly writing something while walking.

Then another, and another.

Total of fifteen undead corpses climbed out of the hatch. As they gathered towards the center of the main deck, except for that one that run off to the quarter deck, everyone glaced towards the Captain's Cabin. 

They seems to be emotionally looked out for their Captain– not! 

Black fog surrounds the bunch of undead crews of the ghost ship. Their eyes glowed terrifyingly red as they gazed intensely at the door towards the Captain's Cabin.

They were undead. Neither dead nor living.

They were a cursed existence that sailed across the vast sea. 

They were bound by a cursed– a cursed of eternity. An eternal life in exchange for their mortal body and living with the light. Their emotions, their humanity were slowly rotting away with their bodies that was crumbling down.

They will sink once the sun rose, and will come up again, as soon as the moonlight shines.

This is their cursed.

...

...

...

From the sun's morning glaze, the sea seems to look like a treasure trove of gems and crystals.  Ocean wind currents blow soft refreshing cold air, with the waves splashing water like a child happily playing under the big bright sun.

Peering through the dense light, Reed looked forward towards the horizon while using her hand to shield her eyes from the intense glory of the sun. 

Seeing the same exact seascape, Reed was dejected. Confusion and apprehension flash on her big bright aquamarine eyes, that blended very much from the color of the sea. Her ombre hair stick to her cheeks and skin with the other half of it still drench in the water, afloat in bunch.

Did she lose her sense of direction because of this body? 

Although the scene looks wonderful, Reed was sick of seeing the same thing. From the East, south, west and north. It was the same sea, the same sky that meets. Never seeing the end and feeling an infinite loop of possibilities of never ending blues.

Even the sun does not help with her direction. The sun is so big that it seems to never moved. It fiery petals stretch out from both ends of the line, occupying the whole sky like it owns them.

'This is horrible, it seems that I'm lost...'

Caressing her cheeks while showing a pitiful big puppy dog eyes, Reed ones again cry for help to the sea. She opened her moist lips and let out a "aaahhh~♫♩"

There's streams of water shot out from the sea below, like a fountain forming a tricks. Settling as three balls of water hover over her head, the  three bundle of water orbit around her head.

One of the water ball let out a bubbling sound comforting her. Reed smile as she lightly scratched the back of her head in apologies, she then let the waters led her to the right direction. Disregarding the other two that let out a sound of amused irritation, Reed went on her way again towards her destination.

...

Watching the three balls of water cautiously led her to the right path, Reed can't help but chuckled. Thinking how cute this little things were.

Reed already lost count on how many times she called for them. The first time, they were very enthusiastic in lending her a hand. Directions flowed in to her sea of consciousness, even she was very excited. 

Reed wanted to see that so called Rainbow Bridge. 

But never would she expected that, even with the correct path and direction given to her, along the way, she will unconsciously divert from another path and get lost all over again.

The only reason why she manage to get out of the Illusionary Labyrinth before when she called out for help from the water is because she can't see. 

That maze was so dark and so narrow that all she could do was feel the wall for directions. So, even if she got lost, she will only ended up in an dead end.

And what Reed does not know is that, even in her past life from earth, she already had a loose sense of direction.

She never realized it though, as a famous artist and musician. Reed often have assistants and body guards to accompanied her everywhere she goes. Oblivious to the fact that they were given a job to act as her navigation other than being what they're supposed to originally, Reed never learned about her great ability towards directions.

They say that ignorant is a bliss.

They're right. 

What can she do, they all look the same wherever she looks!!

So, Reed smile for the last time, then dive down the sea again to resume her long travel.

...

8