Extra : Rainbow Reef
91 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: 

Almost two weeks, sigh~ just finished "Crossing to the Future, it’s Not Easy to Be a Man". I didn't see the 'hiatus' status there. I'm actually feeling a little bit hang. 

Ahhh!! Madam Ru where are you?! Though the ending is almost predictable, I still want to read what happen to Ling Lang and Li Lanfeng's love story. Sigh~ 

I need to get out of that hanging bridge to I read three more novels in succession. I've only been reading Madam Ru's series for weeks and they've been hunting me even in my dreams. 

So, yeah~ here's the update guys. After so long I finally have the time to write again. When one really find something really good to read, one can't really stop themselves...

Hehehe....

Have a good read! (^∇^)ノ♪

...

...

...

Reed, the old ancient Mermaid, consolidate her powers at the floating island after so many weeks. As usual she goes into the sea every morning, but somehow this time it dif–

"Stop! Stop! STOP!!" Reed shouted as she wore twisted expression on her cute and beautiful face.

Confused by her sudden action, the Author titled her head and asked, "Why did you suddenly stopped my narrations? I was just about to introduced you."

"Author! Do I looked that old to you? Looked at my face!" Reed pointed out her cute face as she faces the author. She pinched her cheeks as she shouted, "Look at this baby fats! Feel my skin! It was so smooth and sparkly and soft!"

Witnessing her protagonist exaggeration, the author still can't get what she's trying to imply. Her eyes were full of confusions, she didn't know why this person was acting like this. The author put her hand under her chin as she thought of a reason why Reed was acting this exaggerated.

"Do I look old to you, Author?!!" Reed exploded, as she saw the confusion in the Author's eyes. She didn't looked ancient. Why would the author included that word.

Hearing her words, the Author deeply contemplate what she just said. She thought nothing wrong with the things she wrote, what's wrong with the words ancient. Reed's age could be count on Stone age, no maybe longer than that, in Earth age. In fact, calling her protagonist ancient was already giving face to her.

The Author wanted to voice that all out. But seeing her protagonist pouted lips, her dewy aquamarine eyes that more dazzling because of the tears and her flushed cheeks specially her fin ears that were flapping in anger. She looks so cute that the Author wanted to hug her so tight. 

She was just about to dash and jump on Reed, when the Author stopped as she looked at a certain location. She looks like she saw something she was not supposed to see.

Ting!

A blue light flash passed the Author's cheek, slicing a part of her fringe. She shivers as she met a silver vicious eyes that gleamed murderous light down below the dark ocean depths.

So, receiving a threat from the overlord, the Author finally compromised and revised her script. The author knows that she was in the wrong this time. She knew Reed at this time didn't know the larger part of her memories. Even though, Reed knew that her body was already at the age where she could be called historical, Reed doesn't have those memories and only having glimpse of them from her sleep. So, the Author totally didn't compromised because she was scared of the threat but because she knew she was wrong.

Right, she was wrong this time and she wasn't scared or anything.

Anyways, let start the story again.

...

...

...

After weeks of staying in the floating island, Reed decided to explore the ocean a little bit deeper. It wasn't just on the whim, it was her own instinct. At first Reed was just swimming happily down and at the surface. Staring down and up, looking around like a tourist. Observing some marine species' or just studying some kind of plants below the sea like a scientist.

She was doing her usual. However, when she was just about to go back, she suddenly halted. Reed closed her eyes and she felt something indescribable within her heart. She shivered feeling weird. She frowned as she didn't know why she's feeling this way. And somehow, from the very depts of her soul– someone or something is calling for her.

She paced back and forth, thinking on what to do. Reed was feeling very peculiar and this was affecting her mood. She was very agitated. As if someone is waiting for her and that she need to go there now or else she wouldn't rest peaceful if she go back to the floating island if ignoring this calling.

So, after circling for nth times, Reed shifted her direction and she swim and roam aimlessly with just her instinct as her navigation. 

It wasn't long, after drifting long within the currents, Reed was led into a reef. It was beautiful. Reed didn't know how to describe it but she could describe her feeling like she was standing in the middle of flowering fields. The ocean current blows like wind, and the beautiful reef sway. Many group of fish with different colors, shapes and sizes came out from their respective corals and dance together with the current like they were giving a performance. 

Reed with widen eyes, watched with marvel and wonder. She praised these spectacular in her heart and thought that these rainbow reef will specially be popular if these sights were on Earth. Though, Reed thought that it was unfair to describe it as rainbow. She couldn't find a word best describe this place. 

Reed looked around. She found many weird looking and peculiar corals and underwater plants. There's one that she like the most. It was a large looking flower. If compare on Earth, the flower looks like a clementis. With six pointy petals, that looks alive and seemingly like a tongue with small hair covering the whole petal. At the center of the flower is a pinkish tentacles. It wiggled as the current brush pass through it, showing an illusion that the flower is moving and alive. More so, the flower is very big. If Reed put herself right at the middle of the flower, she estimated that she will surely be eaten whole when the flower turned itself into a bud. 

The color of the flower is also rather special. In fact the colors of the corals and plant within this reef is particularly– what to say, very rainbow. 

Right, that's why Reed describe this place as rainbow reef. Because the reef were filled with colorful corals and plants. More importantly, their colors are all neon. Like this particular flower. Though the purple color is more prominent than the other colors and it is specially glowing. 

It was very enticing. The glow of the flower makes Reed dazed for a moment, she woke up and find herself beside the flower. 'Weird.' Reed stared at the flower alertly, observing the flower's movement. 

And sure enough. Reed saw something move at the very center of the flower. Surrounded by the translucent pinkish tentacles– a circular mouth open wide, revealing sharp pointed teeth. And inside the mouth is a rounded eye ball. In an instant the eye move looking towards Reed who hovers in place dumbfounded. In her aquamarine eyes reflected a glowing yellowish eye that was looking at her eye to eye. 

With her stiff lips, Reed smile at the flower. Her lips twitched forcing them to curl upright. "...hehe...sorry to disturb your sleep. I will go now." The moment she utter these words she immediately fled. Freaking out from the sudden weird event, Reed swam straight from where she came from– or not. She randomly turned to any direction and fled as if her life depend on it. 

Well, she was not at fault. The moment she fled the scene, Reed looked back. And what she saw made her scared shitless. The flower that looks so gorgeous and like a harmless wall flower quickly became a horrible man eating flower. The pinkish tentacles straighten up, becoming blades. The hair surrounding the petals harden, turning into small needles. And with a quick decisive move, the flower suddenly closed. Yup, it's petals folded, trapping anything inside from getting out.

If Reed didn't fled from that time, she will surely be inside of the flower now being digested. This thought alone makes Reed feel goosebumps all over her body. And what's more, when that flower became like a corpse flower, Reed saw something she wouldn't have. 

Hehe, right. Not only did she confirmed that all organisms in this reef are dangerous, she also learned that this reef seems artificially made. 

It was not man made or something. But this reef is something that was not supposed to be here.

Dashing straight while looking around. Reed tried to find the exit. But she find out that, everywhere she looked darkness linger. In short, from the very start Reed came from unknown sea depths, where this creepy reef was the only source of light. 

'Shit! Where am I?!'

Reed didn't noticed it the first time, but now she did. Everything here is glowing. Even the group of fish swim, circling the ruined ship inside and out were glowing.

Now Reed realizes that she was not supposed to be here. She recalled that something or someone was calling for her. It seems that she absentmindedly got here. She was dope!

Feeling rather apprehensive, Reed continue to swim far far away from the reef. But she didn't seems to be getting closer to the exit. The reef seems endless, until finally she stop. 

Because she saw a ship wretched.

Down below, surrounding by the beautiful rainbow reef. A wretched ship was devoured and became a soil for these corals and plants to live.

...

Tick. Tick. Tick. Sounds of gears turning sounded inside Reed's head. A film strips stretched out going straight towards the large movie screen. As Reed stared at the ruined ship, the large screen lit up and a video was played.

A magnetic ship, so large and strong sail across the vast sea. It was a white ship that was made from the fine wood of thousands year old Genesis Tree that only grows at the center of the Winter Forest.

Looking at the ruin ship, the Genesis wood that makes up almost all part of the ship really didn't shame it's name. That white wood is known as the most strongest and indestructible wood in this world. Genesis Tree have a life span almost the same as the Titans in this world. That's why it was called Genesis Tree. Those trees saw the beginning and the creation, as well as the destruction of the world. It saw almost all the beginnings and starting time of everything. It survived almost all the catastrophe, That's why it was almost indestructible.

If Reed were to strip those corals and plants off that ship, she'll able to see the once proud ship of Frost Kingdom, where the White Queen reign before.

...

When the screen turned black and the film strips turned back once more to where it came from. Reed felt her heart were somehow stuffy. That's the only thing she could get inside her movie library. That rest was classified information. She didn't know why but she felt an indescribable sadness swelled up inside her chest. And she have an urge to 'see', but was afraid of what she would 'see'. 

Nevertheless, she still tried.

Reed closed her eyes, and when she opens them again. Like she thought, she really regretted it. 

Thin white and golden thread connect themselves to her body. It was overwhelming. The dark creepy underwater lit up, illuminating every inch and corner of the reef. 

Blop. Blop. Beads of crystalline tears cant help but drop from Reed's eyes, seeing those thread connected to her. It signifies friendships and closed relationship. 

A Burial Mound.

This reef was the burial mound of thousands bones and skeletons of her friends and comrades. 

The skeleton remain she once saw when that man eating flower retract itself– forming into a bud– was her comrades, if not maybe, it was one of her families. That white thread said it all. If the threads were only colored gold, Reed will not be affected much. Because she didn't have her memories. Though, those nightmares she dream every night slowly unlocking her memories, Reed is still ignorant about this.

Shaking her head, Reed once again fled, dashing right, pass the ruined ship. In her mind, there's only one thought that echoes over and over again. And that is to get out of here.

She needs to get out, or else...But she didn't know how. She seems to be lost. This place is easy to enter but the exit is harder to find. Because from what she could 'see', there were some strangers here that were not supposed to here. Murky brown and purple thread floated from where their corpse were supposed to be. A thread that were not connected to anything but their own– either a stranger or an enemy.

It seems like they were trapped here. 

That though flashes in Reed's mind. She panicked, as she didn't know how to get out. Fear and helplessness filled her mind and her heart beat extremely hard. 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Heart beats like drum. Reed dash furiously straight upwards. She though, no matter how endless this reef might have seems. In the end, the ocean will end when she reach the surface. 

Keep swimming upwards. That's all she thought except from escaping this place. Swimming upwards to escape.

She was desperate, too focused on moving for her escape that she never notices the energy in her body already became chaotic. 

Reed was still new. A half baked little Mermaid that just awoken from thousands years of slumber. She only have the memories from her past life and she was just like a new born here in this world. The seal on her powers, she unlocked them all weeks ago. Though she already gotten them tighter in her gasps, nevertheless, now that her emotions were in turmoil, it was now wrecking havoc inside her body and is now on the verge of exploding.

Ignorant of what's happening inside her of her, Reed is still keep up, swimming upwards. Her speed was fast, however as time goes by, she was slowing down. Extreme heat flows within her body, boiling her blood inside. Reed face twisted in pain, while she stopped and stayed in place. 

Her heart beat harder and harder that she felt as though her heart will come out of her ribs. Her blood vessels feels like they were bursting. Her face redden as her brows crunched in pain. Her eyes clouded and crystal tears keeps falling down her cheeks. Reed curled in pain. She closed her eyes and embraced herself as she didn't know what's going on. She thought that every since she came here in this world, nothing good happened in her life. 

While Reed endure the pain attacking her from within. From within the dark depths of the sea, a light flashes as it get closer and closer. Numerous glowing pinkish tentacles emerge from the dark, surging closer to Reed. 

Not knowing what's happening in her surroundings, Reed succumb to pain. She didn't even know those tentacles got closer and entangled itself to her. Unfortunately, those tentacles will never give her time to realize that. With her eyes closed, Reed felt another sensation other than the pain lingering inside her body. She felt hard a pull, pulling her down. 

Down and down into the abyss. At the depth, a familiar big flower that looks like a clementis have it's tentacles stretched out to extreme, pulling someone downwards. The circular mouth in the center was opened taut. The eye ball inside looked at a certain direction with its veins bulging red, almost bursting that it's looks extremely frightening. 

Alas, with one more pull, Reed helpless with the pain attacking her was easily pulled down by the flower. And with a quick successions, the flower took Reed inside and swiftly close off it's petals. 

...

...

...

A while later, the flower exploded. 

BOOM!

...

...

...

Author's Note:

This is the part when Reed exploded before she went on her official adventure. So, the first Wonders she toured to– the Rainbow Island!!

No worries, next update will be a chapter...

Its time for the Jolly Roger to shine!!!

3