Chapter XXII : Jolly Roger – The Cursed from the Black Pearl
59 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three moons slowly sink down the horizon, while the huge sun follows as if being pulled by the triplets as they slept and disappeared from sight. 

Many beings slowly opened their eyes, leaving sand man under their pillows. Birds sings fresh awakening calls, small and big animals stretched out their limbs and move quickly doing their chores. 

But not everyone is as punctual as everyone does. 

Bubbles. Bubbles. Bubbles. 

Plop. Plop. Plop.

Under the covers of a large body of salt waters, a sea floor lies rocks and corals. Faint light stripes from the sun hardly penetrated the huge water obstacle on the surface. But because the depth of the water is not that deep, a slight warm and faint light could still touch the sea floor. 

Blue waters, pitch sand, white corals and green aquatic plants were revealed from that slight sunshine. Group of fishes big and small were already risen and awake, swimming currently with their group– going left, going right, or maybe going round and round. It was quite a lovely sight to see.

But despite this bright and happy environment, a little Mermaid, oblivious to what's currently happening around her, was still laying on her makeshift bed inside a hollow white rock.

Plop. Plop. Plop.

She seems to be dreaming something joyful as her small, beautiful lips stays uplift while she softly hummed once in a while in her sleep.

No one dared to disturb her, so without anyone speaking up about it, everyone tacitly avoid her temporary sleeping cave. That's why, despite the big sun already high up in the sky, occupying the whole sky, like a king looking down on its subjects. This Mermaid princess stays submerged in her own dreamscape, not knowing a certain white snake, currently, after wiggling it's body nonstop with a speed that already broken the sound barrier day and night just so it could arrive in its desired location much more faster; already arrived at a certain familiar island.

And as expected from a famous Sea Witch, before the white snake touches even a dust from her white beach; she was already there, welcoming her old friend. Despite being a millennium older, Ursula didn't fail to let out a respectful smile towards this new arriving guess. And without heeding any request or order, Ursula gladly kneel down with her two feet. Stretching out her hand towards the splashing sea waves, Ursula waited for the arrival of the white snake.

...

...

...

Meanwhile, in a certain inhabited island, a painful howl and groan could be heard echoing throughout the entire island forest for time to time.

A young man, lay flatly face to face with the sand. Looking at the style of his clothes, the young man seems to be a pirate. 

And with a closer inspection, this man should be an infamous marooned.

(A/N: Maroon- person who was thrown out isolated in a island without food and water, as a common punishment for a pirate after one disrespected/dishonored the Captain.)

His clothes are tattered and ragged. With no shoes, and only wearing a blue pants and a baggy shirt that were covered with sands and dried salt water. This man looks more pitiful than an orphan in the dark street of Forbidden Lands within the realm of Gaia.

And from every touch of big sun's glorious hands, sizzling sounds and black smoke comes out of the man's body. 

Ssshhhh...

The man seems to be fried. His exposed skin bubbled emitting foul odor of rotten meat. Sticky puss and black blood boiled out of his pores. Slowly, as if time goes forward, his skin is corroding, leaving a nasty polluted flesh and emerging yellowish bones. 

One moment later, the man's rotten fingers twitched, and the man trembled, as if convulsing in pain. Another minutes past, the man's head slowly turned to the side, and then suddenly breathe hard, inhaling much oxygen he could take, like he just stopped breathing and came back to life right there and then.

Surprisingly, the young man have a face of someone familiar. The sand that already turned mud, couldn't stain his face and concealed his distinct pretty face. Although his white brows were crumpled together into a painful frown and his eyes were shut tight, leaving only his long silver curly eyes lashes shivering. 

After the man manage to regulate his breathing, his suffering didn't stay idle. As the man finally ables to feel the torturous pain attacking every inch of his body. He couldn't help but gasped and trembled as he endure such nightmarish pain. His face paled and his lower lip was crushed in between his teeth. Black blood flows, trailing down his jaw, dropping down the sparkling golden sands.

"...fucking black Pearl...I swear...I will destroy it sooner..." the man muttered between his harsh breath. Despite his weak voice and anyone could tell his grudge and anger behind his gritting teeth. 

And it seems that he was not a maroon, but a lost person.

That's right, this man is none other than Smee. Sam Smiegel, the 'son' Thetys is looking for and the mate Jolly Roger is waiting for.

Smee could only moan and groaned in pain right now. He can't feel his body, nor have strength to move. He could only lay down and sunbathed, waiting to turn into ash.

"...argh...tsk!..." Smee opened his eyes, revealing a deep blue sea that were blur with waves of crystalline tears. Smee felt that sun was really digging a pit for him. Half of his body was already corroding and has turned into bones now. 

His long white hair is being blow by the sea breeze. This should give a fresh feels, but due to his circumstances, Smee not only only felt annoyed by the wind, he also felt that the world is against him.

He really fucked up this time.

The two month time period already past. He is certain that his Captain is now pissed and irritated sitting in the same sit waiting for him.

That's why he still can't die. 

'That man still waiting for me.' 

But the world really seems to be against him. As time continues to passed, the sun slowly came up, stretching, reaching the pinnacle of the sky. It's blazing glory intensify, and every licked against Smee's skin double his pain. 

...

Not very far to where Smee lies, a surprising phenomenon is currently occuring.

Burble. Burble.

A puddle of water slowly emerge from the ground just over Smee's head. It was just a drop at first but as if the ground was spitting water from underneath, the water grew and grew.

Then a shadow slowly getting larger, as if it was coming towards the surface. Soon, cluster of darkness went afloat at the surface of the puddle.

It was a very dark, black and long hair. It stretches out over the water as it flows. Meanwhile, Smee is still fighting between his half-asleep, half-awake consciousness. His sight now is getting blurry and blurry. But he didn't want to pass out. Because if he did, this bloody sun will surely fry him to ash! 

But there's nothing he could do. 

This pain...he could no longer endure it. 

Only that psychotic black bird can enjoy such pain!

With his fading consciousness, Smee connected the broken link to his little Nene and immediately sends some message for his Captain. After doing all of this swiftly, he finally loses his consciousness and passed out.

...

At the puddle, the scattered dark black hair moved. A hump slowly start emerging from the center of the cluster of black silky strips of hair.

Slowly, a head surfaced amidst the bundle of hair.

A slight slit from parted hair revealed the creature's face. It has a large round eyes with red pupils that seemingly gleam terrifying red. It's skin is pale blue, like a drown corpse of a person.

Then it's eyes suddenly shifted. It eyes balls turn making a sticky wet sounds, staring at Smee's corroding and rotting body.

Beads of water run down from the creatures skin as it continues to basked under the rays of the sun. Like a candle, its body slowly melted, drop of tears formed under it's eyes sockets running down as it silently cry. Red pulsating veins appeared from its eye balls, making it looked much more creepier. 

Suddenly, a slender and long pale blue hands crop up from the puddle, reaching out towards Smee who was painfully unconscious at the moment.

Spear of sunlight, pierced through its translucent hands attacking it like it was an enemy. Melting the creature, wanting it to become one with the puddle of water where it emerge.

The hands slowly creeped in, touching Smee. It's hands slid through Smee's hair towards his face, crawling to his neck. The creature's hands only stop when both it's hands were firmly holding onto Smee's shirt's collar, while the other was carefully yet tightly held into his neck.

As it confirmed it's hold secure, the creature plunged its head down the water while it slowly drag Smee as well.

Then puddle of water seeped through the gaps of the earth once more, after completing its purpose, entirely disappearing to where it appears.

...

...

...

A ship that only come out of the water after the sky dimmed and becomes the night. This was a tale and the talk at every sea port from the land of Gaia.

Many courageous young lads and adventurous sailors went to sail across the sea to find it's where  abouts. 

Of course, many succeeded, but they could only watched from a far when the night descent, and dare not go any closer.

They watched as the black ship emerged from the depth of the ocean. And they witnessed it sink and went back down towards the abyss of the sea. 

Maybe because they saw the ship trully exist that their obsession towards it did not diminished at all. More like it has an opposite effect and only made them feel more and more enthusiastic.

Soon, many people became more courageous and dare ventured near this famous ghost ship. And the result...

The sea was baptized by blood for years. But these stubborn people from Gaia, instead of giving up, just became much more desperate and stubborn.

Why? 

Because a stupid fool said that there's a treasure inside that ship. A treasure that will make you immortal.

Unfortunately, no matter how many times they attack this ghost ship, there is only one end to them and that is to be dismembered and be eaten by a bunch of fish.

Not until, this particular news circulated around everyone. That that ghost ship seems to be immortal, but it still have its own weakness.

Why could they only see this ghost ship during the night?

Why does it seems to be hiding from the sun?

When this two questions were asked, there could only be one answer– because the sun is equal to death for it. And when this new was circulated, majority stopped ambushing the ship during the night and instead targeted where the ship is hiding during the day.

But it seems that tracking it down during the day is much more difficult than finding out the exact location where the ship will emerge as the sun goes down. 

Using their experienced from locating where it will emerge, many expert tract where the ship is supposed to be hiding by day. But no matter how much they dive deep down, swim down round and round, they never found this ghost ship under the sea.

As for the reason. No sane person will tell them, of course. Even if there is, they have already perished a very long time ago.

Oceanus has long been closed off from the outside. Since the disappearance of the royal family, the whole seven seas activated it's defensive function and seal of the whole Sea Realm. 

After those people who knew the secrets of the Sea from thousands of years ago died from old age or from war, the enlighten creatures from under waters and those legendary creature could only exist in fairy tales and legends now.

That's why, no one knew, that after the sun glance up from the horizon, the ghost ship they were trying best to find will go in between the boundaries of the surface and the deep.

A mirror imagery of the other side. 

The sea is water as well. And just like any other water, it can reflect anything. 

And reflection reflected anything opposite of what it reflect. So, if the sun rose from the outside, inside the mirror it was dark and the moons are high above the clouds. 

So, right now, while the big sun let out a glorious bright shine. On the other side, Captain Hook and crew were still basked with the dimming light from the three moons.

...

Fiddling the oval shaped gem in his hand, Captain Hook eyes sunk. He softly caress the blackened part of the gem, while intently looking at it without blinking. Captain Hook wanted that blackened part gone. Wiping it with his fingers were only unconscious reaction after seeing this black mark appeared inside the gem.

That black mark was really an eyesore towards this beautiful euclase. It was supposed to be shining blue light, but now it was slowly being tainted black. Just like everyone else...

Seeing the black mark still there, a flash of anxiety appeared from Captain Hook's brown eyes. A bloody red light flickered at the center of his iris. His fingers, then caress the euclase faster yet gently, afraid that it might shatter. But no matter how much he wipe that tainted part, not only it did not disappear, it simply grew larger and larger.

Captain Hook heart sunk and his heart beat erratically. He can't believe it. No way!

Feeling the gem turning cold as it's light glimed, Captain Hook panicked. He immediately covered it with his hand and even wanting to use his other, but he remembered that he only have one hand and his hook might scratch the gem if he put the hook closer. So, without hesitation, he put his hook away and made his hand carefully wrapped the whole gem inside his palm. Then he put the gem near his lips wanting to warm it using his breath, like how others warm their hands during winter nights.

However, Captain Hook is an undead. Despite his normal looking body, he was still rottening inside. And even if his heart is still beating, like how his brain still functioning, despite not having any blood flowing inside his veins, Captain Hook was no longer breathing. His beating heart, as well as his brain are just a decoration meant to be on of their weaknesses.

Nevertheless, those basic info didn't even registeres within his mind as his was currently overwhelmed by his fears and anxiety. Captain Hook even wanted to curl up and hug the gem within his embrace close to his heart, but he was so frightened that he froze in his sit. That's why, he could only wrapped it inside his palm and kissing it lightly, wishing it to be well.

If anyone in the crew were to see their Captain right now, they will be shock, surprise to the point of losing their own eyes and their heart might thump out of their chests.

Their tyrant, moody Captain is having this kind of time too. How surprising!!

Don't blame them for thinking like this. Captain Hook is so indifferent, despite being strict and picky. And there's only one person who could draw out feelings out of this Captain.

Thankfully, no one at the crew is idle enough to check out their Captain. Well, except for this little water Nymph, named Nene.

Unfortunately, this Undine didn't have any luxury to laugh upon the Captain as well. Because right now, the long awaited call from its Master is finally here! 

Before Nene have a time to make fun the emotional Captain, the severed connection was once again connected. At the same time, waves of memories poured inside its tiny mind.

'The rainbow bridge'

'Across the foggy region lies the long forgotten Isle of the Lost– the Timeless Island where time had stopped.'

'And within the island, there, the Black Pearl is hidden.'

'The Black Pearl. The only filth of the sea, and the source of the undead cursed.'

At the end of the memories, Little Nene saw a scene so, terrible it shivered in fear as it recalled the past.

An elf boy wearing full green with a little glowing fairy sitting on top of his shoulder giggling crisps sounding bell of laughter. And in the hands of the elf boy is none other than the notorious Black Pearl. With a blazing eyes that were gazing fanatically at the Black Pearl, the elf boy's lips curled up an evil smile, hinting a bit of mischievous and childish playfulness.

The Black Pearl then emitted a nasty smoke full of miasma. This miasma swirl around the boy's body, encircling him and the little fairy around. 

And at last, at the end of the memory, Little Nene heard the elf boy talk. His beautiful sweet voice coupled with youthful childishness brought terrible goosebumps all over it's tiny body.

"Let's play, alright? They said that a Nereid without a heart is very vulnerable..."

"...I wonder how long can you last..."

1