Prologue: The Beginning
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun began to cloak itself within the darkness, a man with a tall and muscular stature was walking through the halls of his small wooden house. With every step he took, the creaking wooden floor sounded with age. 

The curtains were drawn shut and there was only a tiny source of light from a half-melted candle. As he stepped into the room, he glanced across the room; a bed that had a lumpy mattress and a small wooden desk marked with age were the only furniture present. 

In the center of the room surrounded by puzzles, books, and mechanical parts, there sat a young boy that was at the tender age of 5 who felt a presence and look up. "Papa!" the boy's startling blue eyes shone through the bangs of his long black hair as he stood up. He had been stuck in that room the whole day, as he did for the day before, and the day before that. In fact, he had never stepped foot outside of his world called "home." The boy only knew his father, who was his whole world

"Mikael," the father said, "You have to be quiet or else people hear you."

"But Papa," the boy softly whispered, "nobody even knows I exist! And even if they hear some noise, they'll just assume it's Peanuts!" The boy picked up his pet canary and stroked it lovingly.

The man just softly shook his head. He patted the boys head and said in a stern tone. "Regardless, I don't want to take any chances. The people are ruthless towards any other race. Especially humans."

The boy had a sullen face on but still listened diligently to his father's demands even if he didn't truly understand. "Maybe I'll just make my own disguise! I've succeeded in creating a model already!" Made from scavenged metal parts and bolt, the roughly made sculpture had life-like features. The features, though, didn't have any resemblance to a human face, but rather that of a cat's. "Maybe one day I can still blend in with everybody else!"

The man chuckled softly and said, "yes, maybe that will happen someday." 

0