Chapter 4: Seen
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sky has turned dark as people began to go back to their homes. My father started closing up the shop when he sees me sitting at the top of the stairwell.

My father has always been on the more quiet side. He is apparently quite handsome for a cat, with his buff stature and dark brown fur. I look down at my lap in to avoid is gaze so he can't see the guilt on my face.

"...I think a kid might have seen me." Even though I didn't want him to know, I knew that this wasn't information that I could hide from him.

I saw his eyes widen and then he looked at me with a stern gaze and asked, "How did this happen?" I swallowed gravely. "I was looking out the window when he looked up. I didn't think that anybody would see me since its raining today. I'm sorry I won't do it again."

I kept on staring at my hands in my lap so I didn't see his reaction. I heard footsteps walking up towards me until I saw his leather boots stop at two steps below me. My Father kneeled down and I slowly raised my head and saw regret in his eyes. Regret for what? His hands came up and gripped my shoulders, "I have something to give you." His hands tightened so hard that my bones were going to snap. The ticking of the tens of clocks hanging on the walls made the tension in the air even more high strung. I nodded my head jerkily as he pulled me up to take me into the basement.

The basement is where we keep all the spare parts or miscellaneous goods and was small, dark and dreary with a single hanging light bulb. It was so small that I could touch both sides of the wall when I straightened my arms. He shuffles around some boxes in the corner when he pulls out a small little pouch. The pouch was pale pink covered in brown soot. On the pouch, there was the most intricate design of a purple embroidered flower.

"If you were to ever get into trouble, any trouble, this will help you." He pulls a necklace that was so dazzling, it felt as though I was mesmerized. The necklace had a gold chain with a tiny purple jewel hanging from it.

"This is an illusion stone. As long as you concentrate really hard, you can turn into anything you want in the eyes of other people" My heart shook as I took in this information. Why hasn't he told me this before? Why was he telling me this now? What is going on? But I could tell from the look in his eyes that I wasn't going to get any information from him. 

1