Becoming a disciple
1.1k 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two fought for a few hours and within this time, Jaden had found out from the white-haired man that his name was Roland EverGuard, EverGuard City's current City Lord. Apparently, the position of the city lord has been inherited and passed down through generations and generations of Roland's family. In the midst of conversation, whilst battling, Jaden couldn't help but ask the city lord what he was doing in this place, which was for beginner warriors.

"You didn't know, right, you're a heaven's chosen so I guess you wouldn't know much about this world, let alone this city." (Roland)

"Come to think of it, what exactly is a heaven's chosen and how come you know a lot about them?" asked Jaden.

"Well, first of all, all my knowledge and the others' about heaven's chosen all came from Mother Elene, the Goddess of Life and Wisdom. Through the priestesses and oracles of hers, she said that all kinds of people will descend unto this world, possessing rapid growth potential and the ability to resurrect endlessly. Mother Elene said that these promised champions that hailed from the heavens will help the people of this continent and beyond, to battle against the Chaos Gods and their spawns." said Roland without hiding anything.

"Come to think of it, are all of the heaven's chosen like you and as strong as you?" he asked with heated eyes while stabbing forward with his spear ferociously.

'Well, I haven't met anyone that could last a while against me so probably not?' Jaden thought. He wasn't being arrogant or anything, this was what he honestly thought since he hasn't met anyone that could actually make challenge him and make him serious.

Jaden moved his body sideways smoothly to dodge the spear and honestly answered. "Hmm, I haven't met anyone as strong as me at least among them...but as you said, all of the heaven's chosen have good potentials and can grow rapidly. There will be many strong experts that will appear eventually.

Although he knew this already, Roland nodded his head and appreciated the young man's honesty. 'Even with his unparalleled talent, this young man is without arrogance or any excessive pride but instead calm and composed akin to a boundless ocean. However, beneath this tranquil ocean slumbers a great power like a sleeping behemoth, that if awakened, shall release a power that can shake even the heavens.' Roland smiled as he decided in his heart.

He stopped moving as Jaden followed, he then asked the young man. "Come to think of it, young warrior, what is your name?"

Jaden opened his mouth and was about to say that his name was "Jaden" but he held his tongue and remembered that his identity is now different in this world. He smiled and said. "My name is King."

Taken aback for a moment, Roland was stunned before he laughed loudly. "King...Hahahahaha! King! What a perfect name befitting such unparalleled talent! Hahahahaha!"

At first, Jaden was stumped since he thought Roland was laughing because his name was too overbearing, however, his words amidst the laughter relaxed him.

Suddenly, Roland stopped and stared at Jaden solemnly. He then opened his mouth and said with a serious tone. "Although this might seem, sudden, Young King, I, Roland EverGuard have never had any disciples in my life, therefore as the lord of EverGuard City, I'm asking you, are you willing to become my disciple?"

Before Jaden could even open his mouth, a small blue window appeared in front of him alongside the sound of a system prompt.

[Ding! A hidden opportunity has been unlocked!]

[The City Lord of EverGuard City, Roland EverGuard wishes to take you in as his disciple. Do you accept?]

Jaden remained silent for a moment before using the skill Identification that all players obtained on Roland. 'Come to think of it, this is the first time that I'm using this skill...' he thought as Roland's status page appeared in front of him.

_______________________

Name: Roland EverGuard

Age: 35

Rank: Supreme (Pinnacle)

Title:: EverGuard's City Lord (Legend)

Class: ???

HP: ???

MP: ???

_______________________

Besides the name, age, rank, and title, the rest is just "???". 'Seriously though, I can't believe he's actually a Supreme ranked warrior, and at Pinnacle at that!'

(Author: I changed some things, check the author's thoughts.)

Despite not knowing much about the capabilities of the NPCs in different ranks, Jaden knew that Roland is among the top powerhouses of this continent. 'Even when he suppressed his strength at our battle earlier, spotting any weaknesses from him was way harder than finding a needle in a haystack.' thought Jaden in his heart as he decided.

"It would be my honor to be your disciple, master." said Jaden as he bowed respectfully.

Roland let out a satisfied laugh when he heard Jaden's decision. He stretched out his hand and smiled. "Take this badge, it represents power and authority in the city that is only below mine. Just don't go crazy using this badge since I'll take it back if you abuse its power within the city."

Jaden then took a look at the badge in his master's hand. The badge seemed to be crafted from a very rare obsidian-colored alloy as it gave off a strong pressure in its surrounding. It was in the shape of a shield and a sword with a dragon coiling around it was carved on the surface, representing EverGuard City's symbol.

Jaden reached out his arm and held the badge in his hand. At that moment, he heard a system prompt as a blue window appeared in front of him.

[Congratulations! You are now the official disciple of Roland EverGuard!]

[Congratulations! You have received the title "Disciple of the Lord of EverGuard"!]

_______________________

Title:

[Disciple of the Lord of EverGuard]

Rank: Epic

Description: You are now the sole disciple of Roland EverGuard, the current City Lord of EverGuard City. As the youngest Supreme Ranked warrior in the Boundless Continent, Roland EverGuard is known by almost everyone in this world! As the disciple of the Roland EverGuard, who has the achievement of being the youngest ever to reach the Supreme Rank, you should be proud and work hard to prove to the powerhouses of this world that you are worthy to be his successor!

Effects: -> Comprehension and mastery of Warrior-related skills increased by 30%. (Note: Higher comprehension/mastery = faster leveling up of skills.)

-> World Reputation + 1,000.

-> + 50 STR, AGI, CON, VIT.

_______________________

Jaden exclaimed when he saw the effects of the title. "What the?! This title is OP!" 'The increase in comprehension and mastery of warrior-related skills was simply too amazing; Although I don't know what World Reputation +1000 means, it's probably a good thing. Also, that increase in stats is just amazing! I can already feel the difference!' thought Jaden as he felt power flowing throughout his body.

At this moment, another round of blue messages appeared in front of him with the usual sound of the system.

[Your Strength attribute have exceeded 100 points! You feel the hidden power flowing through your body! As the first player to attain 100 points in the Strength attribute, you have obtained the skill Superhuman Strength.]

[As the first player to attain 100 points in Agility, you have obtained the skill Acceleration.]

[As the first player to attain 100 points in Constitution, you have obtained the skill Warlord's Challenge.]

[As the first player to attain 100 points in Vitality, you have obtained the skill Enhanced Combat Regeneration.]

'The rewards just keeps on coming.' Jaden laughed in his heart. He immediately checked the four skills that he received right after the system's words.

_______________________

[Superhuman Strength]

Type: Passive

->Increases strength by 40% with or without a weapon on hand. (Doesn't give attribute points.)

(Cannot be leveled up)

----------

[Acceleration]

Type: Active

Level: 1 / 5 = 0%

-> The world and everything will slow down in your perspective to some extent and also increases attack and movement speed by 20% for 1 minute.

Cooldown: 25 minutes.

----------

[Warlord's Challenge]

Type: Active

Level 1 / 5 = 0%

-> Increase defense, physical resistance, and magic resistance by 10% for 30 seconds.

Cooldown: 10 minutes.

----------

[Enhanced Combat Regeneration]

Type: Passive

-> Once activated, HP regeneration increases by 300% when health drops below 30%.

(Can be activated on and off anytime.)

Cooldown: 1 hour.

_______________________

'I finally got skills! And four of them at that!" Jaden was excited as he stared at the effects of the four skills. Although this was his first time playing a VRMMO, both the passive and active skills were just incredible in his opinion.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted his daydream. "My disciple, we first need to clear up some things." said Roland.

Jaden looked at him and nodded his head, listening like an obedient child.

The atmosphere suddenly became serious as Roland continued. "Although you are my disciple, I shall not tolerate any misconduct or unethical behavior be it towards me, the knights, or the citizens of this city. Of course, if the other party keeps provoking you, then you can take action."

Jaden nodded his head and kept listening.

"You also must rack up your own achievements and upgrade your title EverGuard's Warrior further. You must also prove with your glorious achievements to the world to the world that you are worthy to be my disciple. There are plenty of ways to rack up achievements, for example, being victorious in the battlefield, successful dungeon raids, slaying powerful monsters, capturing bandits and thieves, and so on. The higher your achievement is, the more respected you are in this continent, and if you're lucky, you can even be blessed by the Eternal Gods!"

"Blessing of the Eternal Gods?" muttered Jaden as he wondered what kind of blessing one could get from the gods.

Roland laughed when he saw him in a daze. "That's right! The Eternal Gods, Elene, Iara, Lakas, Hyperion, and Nehlos. Other than defending many worlds, they also watch over every realms and continent, giving blessings to those that are worthy. The blessings can be for strength, power, wealth, luck, and so on. One can even advance in ranks with the help of the blessings of the gods." right now, Roland had a pious expression on his face as he talked about the Eternal Gods full of respect.

He continued. "Other than that, I'll also be helping you train."

When Jaden heard this, he smiled with excitement. This was what he was looking forward to when he became Roland's disciple.

Roland was strong, incredibly strong. That's why Jaden became his disciple. He respected him and knew that his strength, be it in this world or the real world, will increase by leaps and bound under his training.

Noticing his disciple's eyes full of determination, Roland smiled and added. "To increase the speed of your training, there will be times when I will release the full pressure of the power of Supreme. With this, you can hone yourself under this power which is way beyond your capacity, and in turn, will unleash your full potential."

At this moment, Jaden didn't have a sliver of fear or regret but instead, he was excited. He looked at his master with eyes full of resolve.

Suddenly, Roland laughed and said. "Like now."

Boom!

A majestic aura that seemed to cover the sky and the surrounding was unleashed. An overpowering pressure descended unto Jaden at once.

Right now, it was a battle of wills. Roland's power slowly but continuously increased while his overwhelming pressure collapsed on Jaden.

Without using his skills, Jaden resisted simply with his body. 'Ugh, my knees feel like it's breaking any moment. And this is simply his aura alone! What strength!'

Jaden felt his very existence was being decimated at this moment. With all his strength, he tried to lift his foot with difficulty and stepped forward.

One step...two steps...three steps.

Roland's eyes widened as he stared at Jaden with his stubborn will and perseverance.

Feeling like his cells and tissues were being ripped apart continuously, Jaden clenched his teeth as he tried to raise his sword.

...

Seven hours later.

[You have withstood the power of an impossibly powerful being and survived! Fighting Aura +1.]

[You have withstood the power of an impossibly powerful being and survived! Fighting Aura +1.]

[You have withstood the power of an impossibly powerful being and survived! Fighting Aura +1.]

[You have withstood the power of an impossibly powerful being and surv...]

[You have withstood the power of an impossib...]

[You have withstood...]

[You have...]

[You...]

[...]

 

 

 

Announcement
Hey everyone, Reflex here! Just wanted to say that I changed and edited a few things in the past chapter. The changes are the following:

NPCs ranks are now: [Bronze], [Silver], [Gold], [Royal], [Imperial], [Supreme], [Legendary], and [Divine]

Monster ranks are now: [Normal], [Elite], [Lord], [King], [Emperor], [Ancient], [Legendary], and Divine

14