Becoming a Swordsman
1.1k 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
You have created a Legendary-rated skill! Please name the skill!

As the first player to have created your own skill, you have been rewarded with the following:

-> 100,000 gold.

-> 10,000 World Reputation Points.

-> +30 Skill Points (SP)

-> Title: Becoming a Legend (1 / 3).

World Announcement: Congratulations to player "King" for being the first player to create a skill! Congratulations to player "King" for creating a Legendary-rated skill! This will go down in the annals of history!
World Announcement: Congratulations to player "King" for being the first player to create a skill! Congratulations to player "King" for creating a Legendary-rated skill! This will go down in the annals of history!

As the same World Announcement resounded over and over again, all the players currently online were shocked senseless at the revelation.

The same types of conversation were being held everywhere at this moment.

"Damn, whos this King guy anyway? How on earth did he create his own skill?"

"Not just a skill, a Legendary-rated one at that apparently! I didn't even know that skills have their own ranks!"

"Look at those rewards..."

"I wonder what kind of skill he created?"

"Whatever it is, it's bound to be OP! I mean, it's a legendary skill after all."

"Wait, gimme a few minutes, I'll try to create my own skill too."

"Do you honestly think it'll be that easy?"

Be it in-game, or in [DF Forums], everything, everywhere, and everyone is in an uproar. RIght now, nearly every single player was either looking up who "King" was and what his background is, checking the forums and previous announcements of EGC to try and find more information about skill ranks, or doing all sorts of actions to create their own skill.

Of course, none of them succeeded. Yet, that is.

----------

Imperial Sword Empire.

Right before the humungous gate that was the entrance to the empire, a young man that seemed to be around 19 to 20 years old could be seen. He wore a bamboo hat alongside a strapped greatsword that was sheathed on his back. Seeing the system messages in front of him, he stopped.

World Announcement: Congratulations to player "King" for being the first player to create his own skill! Player "King" has created a Legendary-rated skill! This achievement will be recorded in the history of this continent!

"...what?" muttered the young man, speechless. "It's only two days into the game and someone already did such a thing?"

He then laughed loudly, drawing the curious eyes of the passing crowd.

"Laurence, what are you giggling there for?! Hurry up!" Hearing his name being called from afar, he yelled back. "On my way!" he checked the world announcement one last time as he engraved the name King in his mind. "Here we go," said Laurence before stepping onward, towards gates of the Empire.

----------

Headquarters of the Church of Life and Wisdom.

An eye-catching group consisting of priests and paladins drew the eyes of onlookers as they marched towards the temple. The priests wore similar robes that had a mixture of colors gray and white with engravings of patterns coiling from top to bottom. Some of them held ornaments and artifacts while some held some kind of book which gave the impression that it was some kind of holy text. Leading the priests were strong-looking men with explosive physiques, donned with silver armors that reflected the sunlight that shone upon them. These paladins held weapons ranging from a halberd, sword, shield, some even both.

However, the most conspicuous of the group was a striking young woman. With silver hair that reached down to hair waist that was akin to a waterfall, the simple and ordinary white robe that she wore couldn't hide the elegant and graceful disposition that she gave off. Citizens, pilgrims, adventurers, all kinds of people that walked past the group couldn't help but stare dazedly at the young woman who appeared to be a fairy that descended to the mortal world.

Seemingly accustomed to being gazed at by people, the young woman was currently staring at a system message in front of her with a stunned expression.

World Announcement: Congratulations to player "King" for being the first player to create his own skill! Player "King" has created a Legendary-rated skill! This achievement will be recorded in the history of this continent!

"King..." she muttered dazedly.

"Lady Arianna, we have arrived." one of the priests beside her suddenly said. "The Supreme Pontiff awaits."

Arianna nodded her head and looked up at the glorious cathedral before her. Taking a deep breath, she took a step forward alongside the paladins and priests.

----------

In the Ironwood Forest, a monster's loud cry resounded.

Grrrrr! Roarrrr!!!!

In front of the monster called [Dusk Bear] was a youth holding a dagger that dripped with blood, dying the ground the color of red. He had pale skin and sharp features which seemed to align with the dangerous aura that he exuded. Holding the dagger he dashed towards the bear rapidly and jumped, stabbing the exhausted bear's eyes without mercy. The [Dusk Berar] couldn't even react as it's energy has been spent. Looking at the incoming youth, it knew that death was coming.

The bear bellowed one last time before the area became silent. Hearing the system prompts for the experience points and items he obtained, the youth looked at the World Announcement that appeared again and again.

"Legendary-rated skill...?! King...how interesting." laughed the youth as he waved his dagger, ridding the blade of the oozing blood. Then, he turned around and walked into the darkness, deep into the forest.

----------

From the elites and experts to the casual and lifestyle players, they all stared and listened to the World Announcement of this guy that already made a worldwide achievement. The casual players simply admired the player King while the hardcore experts were already walking their own path, hoping to achieve a feat similar to that player.

----------

At this moment, Jaden was already out of his daze as he stared shock at the system messages. "What just happened...that weird feeling just now...was it enlightenment? My body feels lighter and I can feel that my sword mastery had taken a step forward and improved." Jaden was quiet for a few moments before smiling widely. "Legendary-rated skill! I didn't even know that there are skills that are ranked! It's probably a piercing attack too! A legendary attack skill!"

Right before he was about to check out the skill, he noticed a weird system message that stood out from the rest.

Assimilation: 3%

Assimilation...weird, what is this?

Jaden checked his status page but there wasn't anything about Assimilation there. "Oh well, I'll look that up later." excited, he threw that topic at the back of his head and checked out the skill that he got.

???? (Legendary)
Type Active
Level 1 / 5 = 0%
Description Created by an unparalleled genius who had enlightenment, the skill's power and potential shocks even the gods above. Once unleashed, the heavens shall cry and the earth tremble. Be it gods, devils, demons, or even the world itself, none shall stand in your way!
Cooldown 12 Hours
(Please name the skill)

There was no exact effect or any statistical damage input on the skill page other than the overbearing description which left Jaden in awe. When he read that he needed to name the skill, Jaden at once racked his brain to think of a suitable domineering name for such a powerful skill.

Time passed as all kinds of skill names popped out in his head. And then it dawned on him. "Sundering Heavens," Jaden muttered the name over and over, finding it to his liking.

"I've decided."

[The Legendary skill "????" will be renamed to Sundering Heavens. Confirm?]

Yes. Confirm.

[Ding! The skill Sundering Heavens (Legendary) have been created.]

Sundering Heavens (Legendary)
Type Active
Level 1 / 5 = 0%
Description Created by an unparalleled genius who had enlightenment, the skill's power and potential shocks even the gods above. Once unleashed, the heavens shall cry and the earth tremble. Be it gods, devils, demons, or even the world itself, none shall stand in your way!
Cooldown 12 Hours

Jaden nodded his head, satisfied. As he was re-checking the skill page of [Sundering Heavens], a familiar voice called out to him.

"My disciple." Roland could be seen standing at the entrance of the Basics of Combat training grounds. Walking up to him, Roland patted his shoulder and laughed heartily.

"Hmm, you look good despite suffering some beating from the battle puppet." he waved his hand and the battle puppet from afar suddenly disappeared.

Jaden was about to ask how he was able to do that but he was interrupted by his master. "Follow me," said Roland as he walked out of the training grounds.

Jaden followed his master and looked around him. The bustling atmosphere of the city filled Jaden with a slight hint of belonging. He stared at the warriors with sturdy and vigorous physiques that were rowdily drinking beers and rums. He glanced at the mages and spellcasters wearing their typical long robes and staff as they passed by, drawing the envious looks of ordinary citizens. From the quietly cowled people that minded their business to the boisterous and loud ones that sought for attention and the spotlight, Jaden watched them all.

Taking a deep breath, he exhaled. He's never felt like this in a long time. This unfettered state of mind and freedom, he missed this feeling. "What a world this is..."

Interrupting his daydream, Roland said. "As a heaven's chosen, you probably don't know anything about the Boundless Continent." he continued. "I'll take you to the City Library where you can broaden your horizon by reading the books within. But before that, would you like to change your class? From watching you train, I can see that your affinity with the sword is simply perfect. Do you want to change your class to Swordsman?"

"There's such a class?" shocked, Jaden didn't even think twice for agreeing to change his class to Swordsman.

"Of course! There are a lot of classes known in this world and there are even more that are unknown and hidden. The Swordsman class is similar to the Warrior class, in which they are both primary classes. Since EverGuard City is one of the strongest cities in this world, one can find many kinds of professions that others wouldn't even find on any other cities, kingdoms, or even empires." Roland smirked as he took this chance to boast in front of his disciple.

However, he wasn't really lying as EverGuard City is a colossal city after all. There are a lot of masters and hidden experts that resides in this place so it would simply depend on one's luck to encounter such opportunities.

----------

A few minutes later, in front of a blond middle-aged man that sat in a chair was a handsome young man with a pair of golden eyes that seemed to shine.

[Ding! The Warrior class has now been changed to Swordsman! There will be changes on the fixed attribute gained on every level-up.]

[For every level up you gain: +150 HP, +50 MP +5 STR, +5 AGI, +3 CON, +2 VIT, +2 INT, +2 WIS.]

Other than the base attributes that he would gain after each level up, Jaden also received three skills for Level 1 players, two passive skills and one active skill.

_______________________

[Sword Mastery]

Type: Passive

Mastery: Novice 1 (0%)

→3% increase in damage dealt with a sword or any sword-related skills.

→ Can be leveled up.

----------

[Beginner Swordsman]

Type: Passive

Mastery: Novice 1 (0%)

→If using a sword, damage increases by 1%

→Damage of all sword-related skills increase by 5%

→Increases proficiency gained by 3% to all sword-related skills and mastery.

----------

[Chop]

Type: Active

Level: 1 / 5 (0%)

→Deals 150% damage to a single target.

Cooldown: 10 seconds.

_______________________

"That'll be three silver coins for those three skills." said the man as he stroked his mustache.

Initially, Jaden wanted to pay but he found out that he actually had no money at all. The only thing that the system had given him was the starter clothes that he's wearing and the starter iron sword that was kept in his [Space Ring]. Of course, the [Sword of the Forsaken] and the [Mysterious Egg] were also kept inside.

Roland didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he saw his disciple stare at him with hopeful eyes. Reaching inside his pocket, he took out three silver coins and flicked it towards the man. "Here you go, brother Fang,"

The man called Fang caught the coins as he grinned. "Yo Roland, how come you're paying for this little chick huh?"

'Hmm, the master called him "brother" and he didn't even address master as City Lord...he's probably not a simple man...' thought Jaden as he looked at Fang.

The man had a lean build but he wasn't skinny at all. His expression was carefree as he chatted with Roland without care for etiquette or customs.

"This young man here is my disciple." introduced Roland as he patted Jaden's shoulder. "Oh and he's also a heaven's chosen but let me tell you this, this kid's talent is just extraordinary."

"Oho, is that so?" exclaimed Fang as he started to size up Jaden. 'Hmm, to make Roland praise his talent and even call him extraordinary...this kid is probably the real deal.'

Jaden came forward and reached out his hand. "Hello Sir Fang, my name is King."

Eh? King?

Fang whistled and suddenly laughed as he shook Jaden's hand. When he shook Jaden's hand, his eyes flew open as he felt a faint power hidden within the young man's body.

It can't be...Fighting Aura?!

Looking at his friend's expression, Roland laughed and said. "You know, my disciple's talent with the sword is the best I've seen. You should spar with him sometime."

Once more, Fang was shocked by what Roland said as his evaluation on Jaden changed. He agreed that the kid is incredibly talented since Roland took him in as his disciple and he even has Fighting Aura at such a young age. Fang checked Jaden out once more but he couldn't sense the sharp and piercing aura of the sword from him so he started to doubt what Roland had said just now, he thought that his friend probably just exaggerated about the sword talent part.

Do you guys think I should keep the table or nah?

11