Insane Leveling Speed
1k 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the extensive battlefield, one could see an innumerable number of monster corpses on the ground, their blood turning the soil to a crimson stream of a river.

Jaden's clothes, that have been given by the system, remained untouched by the blood of his enemies, resembling a pure lotus that bloomed amidst a gory war.

[You have leveled up!]

[You have leveled up!]

[You have lev...]

[You hav...]

[...]

Under the eyes of the army troops, Jaden remained untainted as he slew one monster after another, relentlessly, as if in a trance. No monster could withstand a single attack from the young man, except for the Lizard Warlords, albeit dying within seconds.

Taking a deep breath, Jaden exhaled. He had never felt more at ease than this moment, ever. It wasn't like he loved to slaughter monsters or anything like that, but he simply felt like he's currently in his domain. He had always felt out-of-place in the real world, training and honing his "gifts" that he couldn't even put to use.

But now, he felt like he finally found the place where he belongs.

Looking at the corpses that laid everywhere, surrounding him, he couldn't even count their number. "Although this is my first time taking a life, well a lot of them, I don't feel anything at all..." muttered Jaden under his breath. Although Destiny Forged was merely a game, Jaden had never felt more real than when he was in this world.

He had always wondered why he was born in this current era, although martial artists and fighters were aplenty, none could even come close to Jaden's abilities and feats. He was lightyears ahead of them, standing at the top. No one could understand his feelings, the feeling of being alone despite there being billions of people all around the world.

What did I train all of my life for?

This was a question that constantly remained in his head, inextinguishable.

And at this moment, Jaden had a feeling that the answer to that question was being forged, starting now.

[ Assimilation: 13% ]

As he remained in a daze, Jaden didn't even hear the system prompt. Clenching Forsaken, he tilted his head and looked up, his eyes narrowing as he stared at the 50-meter tall Wyverns that were flying, their eyes full of arrogance and disdain.

Immediately picking a target amongst the hundreds, Jaden lifted his right foot and stomped on the ground, hard.

Crack!!

Like a bolt of lightning, his body shot towards a near Wyvern that was hovering a few meters up in the air. "Again, my body feels lighter and stronger than before...it feels different than when I level up..." Jaden knew his body more than anyone else, be it in-game or in real life, and at this moment, he felt the minute changes within him, both internal and external.

However, he immediately put that thought in the back of his mind and focused on the unsuspecting Wyvern that was holding a headless human body in its claw.

In just a second, he appeared behind the Wyvern like a ghost. Immediately, he brandished his sword and hacked towards its right wing.

[You have dealt a fatal 10,133 damage to the target!]

KRAAAAGH!!

The Wyvern's cry reverberated as its dark brown-colored wing was severed, it's flesh bleeding profusely. In a single strike, 15% of the monster's health was gone.

[Chop]! muttered Jaden as he used the skill. The [Sword of the Forsaken] radiated a blue light as it almost turned illusory.

[You have dealt 22,450 damage to the target!]

Following the skill, Jaden attacked five more times in less than a second, his arm and sword leaving afterimages due to his insane attack speed.

[The target has been slain!]

[You have slain a monster 50+ levels higher than you, experience points gained increased by 250%!]

[You have gained 325,698 experience points]

[You have gained 985 gold.]

[You have leveled up!]

[You have leveled up!]

[You have levele...]

[You hav...]

[...]

The Wyvern couldn't even last five seconds before it was annihilated. Ignoring the non-stop system prompts, Jaden used the falling body of the dragonkin to launch himself toward a different Wyvern.

Whoosh!

Seeing an approaching human, the target Wyvern growled angrily, shifting its body as its near 15-meter long tail swiped towards Jaden.

Although he was airborne, Jaden was without a hint of fear or panic as used [Warlord's Challenge], increasing his defense, physical resistance, and magic resistance by 20% for 40 seconds.

As the humungous tail inched closer, Jaden reached out his arm and grabbed at the tail, receiving the tail's brunt force.

[You have received 2,345 damage!]

Jaden ignored the system prompt as he propped himself up on the tail, using it to increase his momentum, to jump towards the Wyvern's upper body.

As he flew in the air, Jaden sliced downward flawlessly, seemingly weightless.

[You have dealt 4,233 damage to the target!]

In just a second, he had already appeared in front of the monster's head.

The Wyvern opened its gigantic mouth, with the intent to devour. However, before it could even fully open its maw, Jaden had already brandished his sword and struck its right eye.

[You have dealt a fatal 12,455 damage to the target!]

KROOOOOGH!

Releasing a howl due to pain, the wyvern's eye bled thoroughly as Jaden's sword unleashed an onslaught continuously.

[You have dealt 13,396 damage to the target!]

[You have dealt...]

[You...]

[...]

[You have slain a monster 30+ levels higher than you, experience points gained increased by 150%!]

[You have gained 217,132 experience points.]

[You have obtained 780 gold.]

[You have leveled up!]

[You have leveled up!]

[You have...]

[You...]

[...]

Jaden didn't pay attention to a single system announcement as he kept jumping from one monster to another, slaughtering them again and again, as if in a trance.

As he did so, his level continuously increased alongside his main stats.

On the other side of the battlefield, Fang swoop from above, descending upon the grounded and exhausted Corrupted Draconian. Clenching his obsidian sword, silver light radiated from his whole body as his whole being turned into a silver beam, akin to a smite coming from the heavens.

The Corrupted Draconian lifted its head and looked up, face full of dread and fear as its eyes reflected the silver light that was descending to it.

Boom!

A loud explosion resounded across the battlefield as nearby waves of Lizard Warriors and hundreds of Wyverns were annihilated and destroyed by the intense shockwave.

All the eyes present turned towards that direction, where dust and debris filled the area, akin to a smoke curtain.

Suddenly, everyone saw a colossal shadow coming being flung away like a ragged doll.

Plop.

Following the colossal figure, all the humans and monster present were stunned as they looked at the mangled corpse of the purple colored Corrupted Draconian.

Coming out from the smoke, Fang's sword disappeared as he walked out calmly, dusting off the dirt from his shoulder.

Jaden's eyes widened as he looked at the blond man that was without a single scratch on his body, looking indifferent right after he slew the 70-meter tall dragonkin.

And then, all eyes turned on Fang who laughed and snapped his fingers, saying. "All right everyone, let's finish this." as his words entered everyone's ears, silver sword lights appeared from his body, one by one and surrounded him.

In just a few seconds, there were hundreds of them. Raising his arm forward, Fang laughed as he ordered the hundreds of sword lights around him. "Go."

Whoosh!

Swooosh!

A few moments later.

KRUUUAGGH!

KREEEEEEEE!

KORRRRGGGH!

Endless cries of monsters then reverberated, waking up the allied troops from their daydream.
**********

At this moment, a young man could be seen, beheading a 50-meter tall Wyvern with ease.

Bang!

The head of the Wyvern fell to the ground as blood leaked out, spilling to the ground, dying it red.

Exhaling lightly, Jaden waved his hand as Forsaken disappeared from his grasp, returning inside the [Space Ring].

As he heard the endless system announcement ringing in his ears, he looked around and saw a great number of corpses, both humans and monsters.

Jaden sighed. 'Although we did finish off all the monsters here, we also lost a lot of citizens and brave warriors.'

Even though this world was only game, Jaden's heart couldn't help but tighten, as if it was gripped hard. Although the people of this world was said to be made of and controlled by AIs, Jaden didn't think like so as he really appreciated this world that gave him a new sense of freedom and life.

In his mind and heart, the NPCs of this beautiful world wasn't made up of just numbers, fabricated and created by artificial intelligence, instead, he thought of them as a real, living and breathing humans.

"It is indeed a shame that we couldn't arrive earlier." Jaden heard a voice from behind him. Turning around, he saw Fang looking around as well, sighing. "If we did, maybe we could've reduced the casualties to the minimum." shaking his head, Fang patted Jaden's shoulder and walked towards the injured troops.

Nodding his head, Jaden sighed before following Fang to help the injured warriors and residents of the Millburn Town.
**********

After taking care of everything in the town; helping the injured people, burying the dead ones, and cleaning up the corpses, Jaden, Fang, and the rest of the EverGuard Warriors started their journey back to the city.

As Jaden sat atop the black, blazing stallion, he started checking the system prompts and announcements.

[Ding! The ★Hidden Quest★ Berserk Dragons Expedition has been completed!]

[You have been awarded the following: • Title: Dragonkin Hunter
• Title: One-Hit One-Kill
• Swordsman Skill: [Lacerate]
• Silverfang Sheath
• Level +3
• 10,000 Gold
• World Rep +500.]

Jaden was delighted as he stared at rewards. "These are great!" jubilant, he immediately checked the title and skill that he received from the quest.
_______________________
Title:
[Dragonkin Hunter]
Rank: Rare
Description: You have killed a minimum of 100 Dragonkin monsters! Dragonkins will dread your fearsome strength!
Effects: • Damage against Dragonkins increases by 25%
• All Dragonkins within 300-meter radius are weakened, their attack, defense, movement speed, and attack speed are reduced by 20%.
----------
[One-Hit One-Kill]
Rank: Rare
Description: You have slain at least 500 monsters that are 10 levels higher than you with but a single strike.
Effects: • Damage and attack speed increases by 1% for 30 seconds after killing an enemy with a single attack. Can accumulate up to 30%.
----------
[Lacerate]
Type: Active
Level : 1 / 5 (0%)
• Deals 200% true damage to the target, applying the debuff [Fatal Wound] for 30 seconds.
• [Fatal Wound]: Reduces healing from all sources by 60%.
----------
[Silverfang Sheath]
Rank: Hero
Durability: 200 / 200
• Strength and Agility +25.
• Damage of the sword encased within increases by 50% once drawn for 1 minute. Cooldown: 15 minutes.
→ A sword sheath once used by the famous swordsman, Silverfang. The sheath has the ability to increase the damage of the sword within temporarily once drawn. This sheath was one of the reasons why Silverfang was a feared swordsman throughout the continent.
_______________________
(Author: This is how I'll be setting up the equipment rank, stats, description, etc. from now on.)

"These rewards are simply amazing..."

Jaden's already dazzling golden eyes kept glittering like the countless stars of the cosmos, possessing blinding radiance.

After checking out the rewards he received, he then proceeded to look at his status page.
_______________________
STATUS
Name: King
Age: 18
Level: 44 (55%)
Class: Swordsman
Title: Disciple of the Lord of EverGuard
World Rep: 22,499
Free Points: 220
Attributes:
• STR: 464
• AGI: 451
• CON: 357
• INT: 264
• VIT: 277
• WIS: 258
Innate:
• CHA: 159
• LUC: 60
• PER: 120
• FOR: 160
• F.A: 43
_______________________
(Author: F.A. = Fighting Aura)

Nodding his head, Jaden was satisfied at his current stats. Looking at the number of free stat points that he had, he smiled. "I'll just save those free points for now."

Closing his Status Page, he then checked the spoils of war that he had received.

[Wyvern Skin x80]

[Wyvern Fang x110]

[Wyvern Meat x390]

[Wyern...]

[Lizar...]

[Li...]

[...]

There were so many miscellaneous items that Jaden couldn't even count them all, so he just closed his inventory.

Inhaling the clear air around him, he exhaled, ridding the negative energy inside of him. He closed his eyes as he rested atop the horse, recalling the events from the town earlier.

As he was just resting, a loud system announcement suddenly interrupted him, as it reverberated in his ears.

[System Announcement: As there are currently 3 billion players that have officially registered for Destiny Forged, the Ranking Leaderboards is now complete and is fully integrated!]

[System Announcement: The current Game-Ranking Leaderboards that are available are the following:
• Level Ranking
• Glory Ranking
• Pet Ranking
Further Ranking Leaderboards will be added in the near future!]

"Oh? Ranking system huh? Interesting" muttered Jaden as he looked at the system message in front of him.

[Ding! You have been qualified to be placed in the Level Ranking! Would you like to show your achievements to the rest of the world? Agree or Decline?]

Right after he read the previous system announcement, this new one had popped up in just a second.

Looking at the new message, Jaden didn't even hesitate one bit as he answered.

"Yes, agree!"

[Ding! Congratulations, you have been placed within the Level Ranking that contains the top 1,000 players! Would you like to view the leaderboard?]

"Yes."
_______________________
★ Level Ranking Leaderboard ★

Rank 1: King → Level: 44 | Class: Swordsman | Guild: None
----------
Rank 2: Sword Emperor → Level: 29 | Class: Swordsman | Guild: Glory Empire
----------
Rank 3: Fist Emperor → Level 29 | Class: Fighter | Guild: Glory Empire
----------
Rank 4: Laurence → Level 28 | Class: Swordsman | Guild: None
----------
Rank 5: Arianna → Level 27 | Class: Saintess | Guild: None
----------
Rank 6: Hidden Blade → Level 27 | Class: Assassin | Guild: None
----------
Rank 7: Lone King → Level 27 | Class: Warrior | Guild: None
----------
Rank 8: Queen → Level 26 | Class: Warrior | Guild: Eternal Glory
----------
Rank 9: Krystal → Level 26 | Class: Pyromancer | Guild: Eternal Glory
----------
Rank 10: Lancelot → Level 26 | Class: Knight | Guild: Front Assault
----------
Rank 11: ...
----------
Ra...
----------
....
_______________________

Sorry for the late chapter.

11