Victorious Lion Monarch
1.1k 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Victorious Lion Monarch..." silently muttered Roland as his body shivered at the name.

Even he, an unparalleled genius of the Boundless Continent feared the supreme beings called Victorious Lion Monarch.

And he had the right to fear them! Gods, Demon Kings, Archdevils, they all fear that said race. Even the mighty and proud dragon race had to take a long way around the Victorious Lion Monarchs when they see them. Only the supreme ones among the Dragon race can battle those exalted lions.

Fang nodded his head. "Although I haven't seen one for myself, I've heard of things and read some books regarding that race. Despite there being a minuscule number of those lions across the many worlds, they are still one of the most feared divine beasts of all."

He continued. "There is a saying about that race: Famed for eating gods for breakfast, demons at lunch, and dragons and other divine beasts for dinner, a mature Victorious Lion Monarch shall tread the world—uninhibited!"

Fang cursed. "Damn it! First, he has unparalleled talent, and now, he even has a little sacred beast cub in his possession. His luck is also unrivaled!" he then looked at the obsidian tablet in his hand before looking at Roland with jealousy. "If he's able to inherit the power of the Divine Sword Saint, then this kid will possess unprecedented strength in the future. What luck for you to pick up such a disciple"

Roland laughed loudly, he couldn't help but praise himself on the inside.

**********

After equipping the Necklace of Purity, Jaden then looked at the quest that was forced upon him right after killing Ekress' avatar.

_______________________

[Hidden Quest - Return the Head of Ekress]

Rating: Epic

Description: Brave warrior, by slaying the avatar of the Great Demon Ekress, you have saved countless people, kingdoms and empires. Return the Head of Ekress (Quest Item) to the War God's Temple and receive your reward.

Quest Clear Condition: The nearest War God's Temple is in the Diamond Empire. Head to the empire and return the head to the temple.

Quest Completion Reward: ???

Failure Penalty: ???

_______________________

"Hmm, this will be my first time leaving EverGuard huh..." muttered Jaden as he stared afar, toward the direction of EverGuard City. "Since I didn't have to return to master to complete the quest, I can just head straight to the empire now."

After deciding, he then checked out the pet egg and his status page.

[Mysterious Egg incubation progress: 52%]

_______________________

STATUS

Name: King

Age: 19

Level: 81 (7%)

Title: Disciple of the Lord of EverGuard

World Rep: 32,499

Free Points: 405 stat points

Attributes:

• STR: 649

• AGI: 636

• CON: 468

• INT: 338

• VIT: 351

• WIS: 342

Innate:

• CHA: 159

• LUC: 70

• PER: 120

• FOR: 160

• Fighting Aura: 85

_______________________

"My strength and agility stat is still lacking compared to a [Royal] ranked warrior, but they're still improving at a good pace. Should I use my free stat points yet..?" pondered Jaden.

"Hmm, I'll just save it, I might need them later. My Fighting Aura is also nearing 100 points, I wonder if it's gonna change by reaching that threshold..."

Jaden thought about it as he walked out of Devilwood Forest. Clad in a beautiful white battle robe, his figure passed the formless barrier of the map, distorting slightly before disappearing slowly.

**********

Corrupted Battlefield, a Level 60 - 100 map.

The field that seemed to extend to the horizon was littered with the bones and skeletons of the previous warriors that have died in this place. All kinds of weapons and armors scattered throughout the surrounding as a thick amount of killing intent could be felt throughout the place.

The air that was previously rich and pure had been long tainted, becoming contaminated and polluted. Hellish symphonies of screams and howls could be heard throughout the ruined buildings that seemed to be haunted by the dead souls of different races, unable to ascend and enter the cycle of reincarnation—forever stuck in damnation.

At this moment, in this seemingly endless battlefield that was filled with countless monsters, a party of four people, three young women, and a young man, could be seen treading above the land of the dead.

"Big sis Queen, why don't we just hire an adventurer team to help us finish your quest. It's nearly impossible for only four of us to complete it..." said the lone young man clad in heavy armor with a fierce-looking greatsword on his back.

Glancing at the handsome young man, a girl who seemed to be 18 or 19 interrupted him. "Enough Moonlight, just be smart and be the frontline, I'll keep you alive," she said as she waved her wooden staff, her gray robe fluttering with the find.

"You know that It's not that I don't trust you Summer, but this place is simply too dangerous." Moonlight had a wry smile as he glanced at the bubbly priestess. "This place is littered with monsters and the weakest of them all is already a Level 60 Elite monster, and we can barely take one down with the four of us together!"

A beautiful female mage donned in blue sorceress robe interjected. "It's not as if we need to kill every single monster in this map. We'll lure the monsters one by one, it won't be quick but at least we won't suffer the penalty of dying."

Moonlight sighed. "Whatever..." he then looked at the elegant and dignified woman leading them.

Standing 5' 8" tall, this young woman with a creamy jade-like skin had a unique temperament and demeanor. She had a perfectly sculpted face that was impossibly beautiful, a tall, carved nose, lustrous rosy thin lips, and a pair of dark eyes that seemingly contained the endless cosmos.

Her silky, jet-black hair reached her waist and she was clad in a valiant silver armor that reflected the radiant sunlight. Her battle skirt was crimson red and her figure like an hourglass. The brave and fearless air she exuded didn't diminish her elegance one bit, but instead, it added a unique atmosphere in her temperament.

She was Queen. Currently Level 40, her rank in the leaderboard was only below Jaden who was like the limitless firmament, unsurpassed and unrivaled.

Turning around, she looked at the three. "We're about to reach the ruined palace. I know that this quest will be hard and the chances of failure are higher than 80%. But I still need to try, you can back out now and I won't blame you at all."

Her beautiful smile looked perfect yet her words were the one that sent the party into a daze.

Immediately, Krystal, the sorceress shook her head. "No way, bis sis, you've helped me countless times already, both in the real world and in this game." her pretty eyes stared at Queen with firm determination. "I won't back out now, especially now that you need my help."

The earlier complaining Moonlight had also turned serious. "You know that I was just joking earlier bis sis. Cheh, we can clear this quest with ease." He then patted his chest reassuringly. "Trust me!"

The healer, Summer, also nodded her head in agreement. The benevolent and amicable bis sister that she always admired needed her help at this moment. This would be her chance to repay all the help that her big sister had given her, how can she back out now?!

Queen smiled and nodded. "Thank you everyone—"

Just as she was about to continue, a terrifying howl suddenly interrupted their touching moment.

ROAR!!!!

Out of nowhere, a giant wolf spanning 7 meters tall appeared out of nowhere.

Purple furs could be seen throughout its body as it exuded noxious purple gases. Its muscular body got into a stance as its dark green eyes stared at the party akin to a predator looking at its prey.

_______________________

[Chaos Wolf] (Elite)

Level: 62

HP: 59,180

_______________________

Looking at the gigantic wolf that was salivating, the party prepared in an instant.

Without waiting for the wolf to attack first, Queen took out her weapon—It was a spear nearly two meters long that seemed to be forged from a rare crimson metal and granite or obsidian. The long shaft was crimson red adorned in golden inscriptions coiling throughout, and its head was blood red, exuding a dangerous, killing intent.

As if second instinct, Summer immediately used buff skills and shields on Queen as soon as she saw her take out the scarlet spear.

[Charge]!

Queen executed the warrior skill [Charge] as her body dashed toward the wolf with impeccable speed. The ground shattered on her trail and the wolf couldn't even react before it had been hit by the ferocious spear.

-3,120!

Aouuuu!

The wolf whimpered as its legs spilled blood profusely as it was knocked back a few meters away.

Without waiting for Queen's words, Moonlight had already executed [Charge] as well, right after her. It wasn't only the Warrior class that had that skill, including the Berserker class, many other melee-related professions had the skill as well. Of course, the usage of it was a whole different thing.

Colliding with the wolf, the greatsword in his hands hacked towards the monsters legs, intending to immobilize it. His perfect control of the skill allowed him to add an attack alongside the animation of the skill itself.

-1,080!

-3,995!

Less than a second after the end of the animation, the berserker used [Whirlwind Slash] in an instant, displaying his precise control and reaction speed.

Of course, the other two girls in the party wouldn't simply be eye candies.

Krystal's pointed her luxurious silver staff towards the wolf as a magic formation appeared before it. But that wasn't all, her left hand danced about as her fingers lit up with a faint light, scribing in the air. Another magic formation appeared on the tip of her hand as the two spells were conjured at the same time.

If the players with magic-related professions saw this scene then they would definitely be flabbergasted. She was dual casting as if it was nothing!

The dense mana within the magic arrays conjured two bolts of lightning that fiercely struck the Chaos Wolf.

Bang! Boom!

The wolf howled in pain, this was not how this was supposed to go, probably thought the wolf.

The party continued to bombard the monster non-stop while expertly dodging its ferocious attacks.

_______________________

[Chaos Wolf] (Elite)

Level 62:

HP: 9,840 / 51, 180 (19%)

_______________________

Awooooo!

Suddenly, the wolf jumped back before releasing a howl that reverberated in the surrounding, as if calling for its pack.

The party's expression all changed as they increased the intensity of their attacks.

Thud!

A few seconds later, the wolf's 8-meter tall body dropped to the ground, dead.

Just as the party was about to quickly pick up the loot, they heard continuous howls that were familiar in their ears.

It sounded the same as the dead wolf's!

Katak! Katak!

Footsteps were heard as the party looked at the distance.

From the darkness, they saw dozens of dark green orbs as they all stared at the party.

And in the next moment, another Chaos Wolf stepped out.

And one more, two, three, four...

"Retreat!" yelped Queen, waking up the party from their daze.

Without even looking back to count the number of Chaos Wolves in the distance, they all used their available skills that increased agility and movement speed to run for their lives.

Aoooooo!

At that moment, a tyrannical howl was heard, it was different than the howl of a normal Chaos Wolf. This howl contained the authority of a leader, the presence of a king.

Glancing back, their expressions hardened as they saw a 20-meter tall Chaos Wolf walking out from the pack.

This wolf was insanely muscular, its large limbs could probably tear their bodies apart with a single swing. Rare stones and metals wouldn't even be able to stand the monster's terrifying jaws that seemed to be able to bite through anything and everything.

_______________________

[Chaos Wolf King] (King)

Level: 100

HP: 4,277,345

_______________________

Grrrr...

Growling with rage, the wolf king's gigantic eyes stared at the party with the intent to kill.

Boom!

The wolf jumped and ran towards them with intense speed, the ground shaking with every step it took.

Following their king, the remaining wolves all dashed rapidly as well.

"Take out your transfer scrolls, I will bait them all." Without even waiting for her party's words, she raised her spear and used all her strength to throw it in the distance.

The spear shot out towards the wolf king, barely penetrating its thick skin.

"Hurry and go!" shouted Queen as she dashed towards the Chaos Wolf King.

Krystal, Summer, and Moonlight all had desperate expressions on their face as they all yelled for her to stop.

Queen simply ignored their cries and continued.

Right as she was about to use [Charge] once more, she suddenly saw a white figure in the corner of her eyes.

The figure was wearing a white robe that seemed to be perfectly tailored for him as a silver mask covered the upper part of his face. His hands were clasped behind his back carefreely with a sword sheathe hung behind his back.

She felt something odd about the person as he walked his steps on rhythm, he didn't even care for the colossal wolf that was running madly and full of bloodthirst.

It was as if he was just taking a casual stroll in a park!

She looked at that figure and shouted at him. "Hey, you! Leave this place right now! That giant wolf is a level 100 [King] ranked monster! Hurry and leave!"

As if the figure heard her words, he turned towards her and she saw a surprised expression on his face despite the mask covering him.

Looking at the absent-minded guy, Queen started the animation of [Charge] since she wanted to rush towards the Chaos Wolf King and take its aggro, and then lead it away from the place.

Just as she was about to execute the skill, her eyes contracted when she saw the shocking scene that had just taken place.

9