Chapter 15
384 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the first third of the year had ended a few things had changed. The literacy lessons were changed to grammar and literature classes that everyone had to attend. The teachers also began seeing the drastic changes to Yuuki’s class. The combat teacher saw rapid change in how the students would no longer hesitate to attack and no longer freeze up when defending. The PE teacher took notice that they all became faster and stronger, and also more organised during games. The magic basics teacher became more and more worried that she was senile, and this class wasn’t actually first year students. Of course, rumors were spread by onlookers that a small white puff of fur was beating up dozens of students at once in the courtyard and healing them afterwards. And so, their combat teacher, due to not having classes at the time, went to investigate the validity of these claims. What he saw terrified him.

Yuuki was dancing around at a speed where it looked as if she was in multiple places at once, dodging sword strikes and blasts of magic in the process. Sixteen students were currently fighting with her, among them was Cassandra healing and buffing her allies from the back. The rest were currently watching from the sidelines. Neither Yuuki, nor her opponents gave any indication to noticing their teacher. They continued fighting while Arthur calmly walked up to the baffled teacher.

“Good afternoon, sir Dayne, how may I help?”

The teacher looked at him and back to the battle in front of him. “She holds back against me.” He did not sound offended, more proud, if anything.

“Yes, in her own words she doesn’t wish to undermine the teacher’s authority.”

The fight in front of them came to a close as Yuuki broke through their lines and incapacitated Cassandra. Without her buffs and heals, they did not stand a chance.

“If it makes you feel better, she holds back against us as well.” A bystander commented while looking at the carnage.

After mopping up her opponents a burst of light came out of Yuuki, healing everyone she had beat up. She then walked to the teacher. “Were we too loud?”

“No, I’m not here due to complaints, only some rumors. Where did you learn to fight like this if I may ask?”

“There were bandits in the forest.”

Yuuki did not lie to be technical about it. There were bandits in the Valrose woods that she wiped out, but this had nothing to do with her training.

The bear-kin gave an understanding nod. “May I watch?”

Yuuki said nothing, she just nodded and turned her back, walking into a circle. She was surrounded by sixteen different students this time, with Arthur in the mix. They attacked her without warning and she began dodging. The rules were that she would not attack back for the first minute. During this time, Arthur in the front, leading the offense, trying to get a hit in while the others tried to guide her into his hits. Alas, the one minute was up and Arthur changed to the main defender. He was no longer trying to hit Yuuki, he was using his attacks to peel some pressure off his allies. It only worked to slow things down as she slowly whittled down their forces and eventually had everyone else on the ground.

While Yuuki did not seem even the slightest bit tired, she was, in fact, not the slightest bit tired. She healed everyone on the floor and walked off a few hundred feet where she sat down to meditate.

The rest got in pairs and began sparring.

 

--

 

There was a knock on Yuuki’s door.

“It’s open.”

A courier was standing in the door, respectfully bowing. “Lady Ashwood was summoned to the principal’s office.”

“Did they draw a circle? Next time put some sweets in the middle. Might help.” Yuuki said playfully.

“I’m sorry?” Clearly, the courier did not understand the joke.

“Nothing.” She waved her hands. “I’ll change to more suitable attire and go.”

The courier bowed again and left, closing the door. A barely noticeable smile crept onto Yuuki’s face. ‘Lady’, huh. This has been easier than expected.

She quickly changed to a dress she bought herself on an outing to the city not long ago and made her way to the central building. She walked into the waiting room, where the principal’s assistant stood up and bowed before her.

“Please go in, Lord Velart is waiting for you.”

Yuuki nodded in response and walked in through the door without knocking. The room itself was unimpressive. Plain, white walls, undecorated furniture, lots and lots of paperwork. The old man sat in his chair, long white strains of elven hair obscuring parts of his face.

“Lady Yuuki, thank you for sparing some of your time, please take a seat.”

Yuuki had to act confused about the situation, so she walked to the chair with an unsure look. “Thank you for having me?”

“I will get straight to the point. The goddess Mystra has no official church or following currently, due to never having blessed a person of this world before. As the first, this marks the beginning of her Church, making you its founder and leader. The other churches were notified of your existence not long ago, and have made the choice to formally recognize you once you meet them.” He waited to let the girl digest everything.

Yuuki looked around, uncertain. “And how should I start a church? I’m eight years old.”

“Of course, the other churches will help you at first. Naturally, as founder, you will have absolute diplomatic immunity, autonomy, and complete authority within the confines of the church. You will also be the representative of your deity in this world.”

“Right… where do I meet them?”

“The Church of the Gods. Tonight at dusk. They will send for you.”

Yuuki gave an awkward smile, nodded and stood up. “May I leave?”

“You need not bother yourself with such formalities anymore, Lady Ashwood. And yes, of course.” He stood up and bowed as Yuuki left the office.

She went back to her room and waited. She waited for hours before there was a knock on her door once more. She opened it personally to see multiple clergy members from different churches. One of them handed her a simple robe.

“Please change into these. We will guide you to the church afterwards.”

She wordlessly did as she was told, naturally, after closing the door, and she went to follow them. She was led to a large church in the middle of the city. It was more grandiose than any church in Yuuki’s previous world. They opened the door for her, but closed it behind her once she entered. The many benches were on the sides, and five people sat in front of five statues, all facing Yuuki. There was an empty sixth table in front of an inaccurate statue of Mystra. The representative of the goddess of light spoke up first.

“Welcome. Do you have any questions?”

Yuuki shook her head.

“Very well. Normally, now you would be tested to make sure you are indeed blessed by the goddess Mystra. We have, however, each received a warning by our respective gods not to incur your wrath. As such, you will be appointed head of the Church of Mystra without delay. Should you choose to finish your education, all proceedings will be halted until your graduation.

“I would like to finish it.”

The priests nodded. “Very well. You will still have the title and authority, but will not have to deal with anything else for the time being. If you have questions in the future, we would be happy to help out.”

Yuuki nodded and turned to the statue of Mystra. With a flick of her wrist it turned into a lifelike copy, down to her flowing hair and glowing eyes.

“I shall take my leave then. Goodbye.” She walked out of the building, and while her magical senses were blocked by their blessings, she could hear their hearts pound in their chests.

21