Chapter 7 – The Ascendance of the Black Book
616 17 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was already evening when Rei managed to get back in the market district as she reported the information quest that she got.

 

"Ho. Young miss, you're still alive. You're a tough one, accept this as the token of my gratitude."

 

—Ding—

You received a silver sword!

Silver sword

Grade: Common

Attack: 22

Refine: (0)

Slot: (0)

Description: (Click here)

You have leveled up!

You have leveled up!

You have leveled up!

You have leveled up

You have leveled up!

 

Rei managed to gain five levels in her quest at all. Judging from the difficulty of her quest, it was not surprising that she gained a ton amount of experience.

She was satisfied with the result even though she went through a lot, and she unexpectedly managed to get a free weapon without paying. By combining the amount of experience that she got earlier from the baker's quest, and now, Rei already went up to level eight in a flash.

She was starting to think that the jinx quest was a blessing in disguise. Rei looked again in her last chained quest.

 

Kingdom's crisis

The dark organization in the kingdom started to make their move. If the dark organization was not stopped within a month, the price of fruits, vegetables, and ingredients will increase making the kingdom fall from the sudden price hike. Stop the dark organization at all costs.

Difficulty:

 B-

Quest requirements:

The quest will fail if you die. You can recruit multiple people for the quest.

Warning:

If you're found investigating this matter, the whole dark organization will come at your head. The quest can not be rejected. The event will still continue even you die and abandon the quest.

Time left:

30 days

 

The first one that caught her eyes was the rating of the chained quest, which is B-. This time the quest was really out of her league as the difficulty was no joke.

She was even already amazed that she was able to accomplish a C+ difficulty quest she accidentally stumbled. Rei was starting to get suspicious in the quest that she got earlier, as they were too easy for their difficulty.

The reason why Rei knew about it even though it was her first time playing the game was because she knew in the old version of the NWO that the lowest difficulty for a quest is rank E- while the highest was SSS and it was still the same here in NWO2.

Even so, all of her knowledge from the old game was not helping her now at all. Rei didn't know anything about the game as there was only a little information that can be found on the internet.

She can't tell though if her quest was an easy one as there were many holes and problems with it leading to another trouble. Rei might have stumbled a hidden quest as there was no other explanation from the irregularity of her quest.

If that's the case, then it explains the enormous amount of rewards that she got from completing those two quests, and right now, in front of her, there was still one quest left.

Rei couldn't contain her excitement from just imagining the rewards that she will get after completing it. She already steeled her resolved and stopped hesitating about it.

Even though there was a slim chance of success, Rei decided to do it without regretting it. Rei look at the sky and her surroundings. It was already night, but there was no sign that the crowd will reduce as it is getting more crowded as the time pass.

She was feeling the perfect humidity of the wind at night as she started to get cold. The crescent gray moon and stars that were illuminating the night were like real. The cold wind that she was feeling right now. The voice from different people that she heard. The smell of the meat skewered from the stalls. The laughter that can be heard from her surroundings. The scenery in front of her eyes.

Rei was amazed at how this game and the current virtual reality managed to affect the five senses. It's like that she was in another world.

◆◇◆◇

After saying her goodbye to the vendor, Rei was walking around in the city at night as she has still time before she logs out. In the real world, it was still afternoon, but she needs to prepare for their dinner.

Her little sister Relaire was in the last year of her high school, and she has an exam coming in the next few days. She wants her little sister to be healthy and have energy before she starts studying.

Rei, having decided to hunt some monsters, she went to the gate of the city. Even though she was advised not to go out of the city before reaching level ten, Rei didn't have enough time to do some silly quest.

She is currently at level eight right now, two levels before reaching the level recommend before going out in the city, and the time limit for her chained quest is only one month.

Right now, Rei was nothing but a newbie, that's why she needs to become stronger in three weeks. She needs to experience and familiarize the combat system, and she planned to practice by fighting the monsters near the city.

After walking for some time finally, Rei reached the field near outside the gate. She equipped the silver sword that she got from her quest while wandering in the field.

After minutes of wandering around the field, finally, two one-horned bristly wild boars appeared in front of her.

 

One-horned boar

Level: 10

One-horned boar

Level: 11

 

The one-horned bristly boars have the same height as normal boars you can find anywhere except that they didn't have a horn, just like the ones in front of Rei.

She pointed her sword towards the boars, waiting for them to make their first move, and the boars started to charge at Rei as if they understand what Rei's action was.

Two boars were charging right straight at her. She can kill one of them by stabbing it in the head, but the problem was the other one. If she stabs the boar, she will not have enough time to deal with the other one.

Rei waited for the boars to get close to her before evading to the right. The boars were still running in the straight direction while slowing down as they can't suddenly change their direction because of the big fat body they have.

As soon she found the chance, Rei kicks the ground and starting to run approaching from the back and stabbed the boar with all of her might.

 

Critical hit!

 

The boar died in an instant, but the other one has positioned itself and started to charge at her. Rei pointed the tip of her sword at the boar and waited for it to close the distance before stabbing it.

She carefully continued hunting one-horned boar nearby while watching her surroundings. It was getting late as she decided to go back to the city to log out when out of a sudden, a brown arctic wolf appeared in front of her having a height of four feet tall.

 

"What the hell! I'm out of luck."

 

Saliva was drolling on its mouth as if it already determined Rei as its prey. She had a bad feeling about the brown arctic wolf, whose size is twice as big as an ordinary wolf.

 

Arctic Wolf 

Level: ??? 

Description: ???

 

There was no information at all about the wolf, as it only shows the hidden by the question marks. And just like what she anticipated, the wolf didn't waste any time as it started to charge towards her.

Rei already prepared for the worst as she held the grip of her sword with his two hands. Right now, she was only thinking about one thing, and that was how can she survived and escaped from this disaster.

No matter what happened, she can't die here as dying will result in failing the chained quest. But fortune was not in her favor. Before Rei managed to react, the arctic wolf had been already in her front.

The next moment she blinked her eyes, Rei was already facing the sky as she was lying on the ground. She started to feel a pain coming from her left shoulder, and when she tried to look where it was coming, her left hand was already gone.

Rei didn't mind the pain on her left shoulder or the wolf that was chewing her left arm as she was losing hope. The pain was still tolerable as the system always reduced it by half meaning, that for every pain you received, you will feel only half of it as the game also considered the mental health of the players.

The arctic wolf started to walk towards her, and this time, it was taking its time while slowly walking like it was toying with its prey. Rei already lost all of the hope and only waiting for the wolf to finish her.

Her health bar had twenty percent left and was continuing to decrease over time because of the injury from her left shoulder. Even if she managed to get up, what can she do?

There is simply a large gap between her power and the wolf. But out of the mountain of despair, there was a stone of hope. The rusty black book that Rei thought that was useless appeared at her front floating while covered in an ominous aura.

 

You have unlocked a hidden attribute!

In ancient times, there was a legend of a man who conquered everything in the continent through luck. It was said that he was powerful enough to split the mountains and seas with a swing from his sword.  Though it was only a legend and no one was able to prove his existence.

Attribute:

Jack of all Trades

Rank:

 Class type

If you accept it, you can use exclusive skills related to your attribute. Do you accept it?

Agree                   

Refuse

 

It opens itself on its own will without Rei doing anything as if it was offering itself at her. Rei remembered what item it is. It was the only thing that left in her inventory after transferring her data account here.

She thought that it was a useless item and she didn't pay any attention to it but right now she has no other choice. Even if there's a little bit of chance, she wants to bet on it.

If this worthless attribute can change the tide of the battle, then she will gladly accept it. Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.

 

"Accept!"

Oh my gosh! Rei didn't have a choice and chose to accept the hidden attribute. What power do you think her attribute has?! Let's find out together in the next chapter. ~Te-hee~

I didn't have much time to finalize the chapter, so if you found some errors while reading it, feel free to correct me in the comment section. That's all for now. <3 <3 <3

 

30