Friendly fire
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Just kidding, meeting in a tavern is the laziest way to start a session." I laughed a bit.

"But now for real:


The five of you are a group of mercenaries. You were hired by a dwarf named Kul Hammerstone to transport cargo to the village of Grimstone, where a party of adventurers managed to find a long forgotten mine and clear it from monsters (according to rumours, there was even a dragon!). Seeing a business opportunity Kul, who was in the village at the time, send word to his company to order mining equipment. This company hired you all individually. You all have your own reasons for accepting this job. You were promised payment by delivery in the form of 50 Gold coins per person.

It is your second day on the road and you sit in a wagon with two horses. You decide who sits where and what you wanna do.


"As far as I know, Horst should be the only one that can drive a wagon so he is likely the driver."

"Yeah, I will drive."


"I wanna talk to the horses!" says Shiva and runs around the wagon to them. "I cast speak with animals." 

Shiva starts to glow in a green light and you hear her talk in hissing to the horses, which become a bit frightened.

"I try to calm them down", says Horst and succeeds in doing so.

"Why can´t I talk to them?!" says Shiva, seemingly not having read, that her innate ability to talk to animals as a Yuan-Ti only allows her to talk to snakes.

"Really? But I wanna talk to all animals..." she says, not knowing that she can learn to do so at a higher level. 

"Then we have to level up fast!".

Meanwhile the rest of the party sits in the wagon and the Tabaxi is eyeing the cargo.

Lizard grabs a piece of cloth from his bag and starts to clean his sword, while Jason keeps to himself.

Ren searches the cargo and finds the usual mining equipment like shovels, pickaxes and so on and is seemingly sad to find nothing of value.

Until he finds a barrel full with beer.

"Yes, alcohol!" he proclaims.

The groups alcoholics suddenly turn to him at his words: Horst and Jason. 

"I stand up and rush to the barrel." Horst says, forgetting that he´s the one holding the reigns. 

"I grab the reigns" exclaims Shiva, "are you all sure we can just drink from that? It is likely part of the cargo we are supposed to deliver!"

Horst answers while filling his mug, "it´ll be fine." It won´t be.

"I really don´t think..."

"The man said it´s gonna be fine and you don´t have to drink if you don´t want to." interrupts Ren while also filling his cup. 

Jason stands next to them silently while waiting his turn and Lizard keeps cleaning his sword.

Shiva sighs, asking herself why she´s here. She shouldn´t transport cargo but search for her...

An arrow flying into the wagons side interrupts her thoughts and lizard exclaims "Ambush!"

He jumps out and get´s in battle position, looking around for the enemy. Shiva tries to stop the horses, Jason and Horst follow lizard while Ren hides between the cargo. 

Lizard and Horst draw their weapons in front while Jason stands behind them as the enemy reveals themselves as 4 small creatures with green skin stand before them, two in the back with shortbows drawn, the other two with their scimitars. 

Horst let´s out a battle cry while charging against the first Goblin with his Sword but he manages to dodge Horsts attack.

Lizard follows suit, blocking the other front Goblins way and hits with his attack. The Goblin screams in pain in a foul language no one in the party can understand. The  Goblin retaliate and attack them. Horst get´s hit by the scimitar in his left side, but grabs the sword and holds the Goblin in place while Lizard uses his Greatsword to parry to attack aimed at him. 

Shiva finally managed to calm the horses and draws her own bow while aiming at one of the goblins in the back and kills one of them in one shot. Meanwhile Ren searches the bags of the other party members for valuables. He steals 10 Gold from Horsts bag.


"Can he just do that?" 

"Well, he did roll pretty high and your character is too occupied to notice him"


Jason has enough of this and begins casting a spell "I cast burning hands at the two Goblins in the front." One could ask themselves if he realizes, that burning hands is a AOE damage spell and he would also hit the Goblin in the back and his two comrades, that are in melee fights with his targets.

"I don´t care." Okay, Jason starts talking in a guttural language and pushes his hands forward as a wave of flames rushes forward from them and hits the Goblins, as well as Horst and Lizard. 

The Goblins scream in pain as they burn to death. Lizard manages to dodge most of the flames and comes out of this battle with just a few burns. 

Horst didn´t have as much luck. The wound in his left side stopped him from dodging fast enough and the wave hits him hard. He collapses and is in a near death state.

Shiva rushes to him and inspects his wounds. He will die if his wounds aren´t treated asap.

"I think I can heal him" says Lizard and walks to Horst. He puts his hand on Horsts body and says "Lay on hands" Lizard tries to use a heal skill all Paladins get at Level two... While being Level one. Nothing happens. Shiva rushes around, searching for herbs to help Horst while berating Jason. "Why did you do that?!?"

"I killed the goblins."

"And HORST!!!"

"Whatever."

The situation doesn´t look good for Horst. If only a certain paladin remembered having a healers kit in his bag and that he is skilled in using it...

"I grab my healers kit and bandage Horst" There you go.

Lizard starts treating Horsts wounds and succeeds in stabilizing his condition. Horst even manages to get up.

Ren jumps out of the wagon "I search the Goblins for loot!" he looks at the ashes that once were the goblins equipment, before a certain sorcerer casted a flame spell. "Dammit".

"let´s just keep going" says Shiva and the group boards the wagon.

A few hours later you drive to a hill and as you are on top, you see the village of Grimstone....

and whole lot of undead.

Should I keep the RL passages or only concentrate on the story?
  • Keep them coming. Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don´t need them. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Aug 7, 2020 06:59 PM.
2