Chapter 25 : First Wave
293 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After praising Grom, Nathan ordered him to go monitor the goblin camp.

“_ Listen here Grom, if you find some scout looking for Alesia, wait for them to go far enough in the forest before leading them here. Once they go back, you go back to monitor the camp until they depart with their full forces. You will have to notice Alesia of their departure as soon as possible.

_ Yes Boss ! Let me do, it’s easy !

_ Grom … I know you are competent, still stay vigilant, what worry me more than the goblins is you getting caught by the beast that is roaming not far from here.”

As Grom nodded, he shuddered remembering the shredded corpse of the goblin scouts. He then took his men with him as he got to his own task.

The construction work progressed way faster with everyone working on the project, when the light of the sun dimmed, the defences of Alesia were done.

To reward his men’s and boost their moral Nathan organised a giant feast with enough food for every goblin to eat twice as much as usual.

The next day around noon Grom came back to the camp with his men to alert Nathan that the enemies scouts were just outside of Alesia.

They took the day to prepare for battle when night came Nathan made a announcement to his men’s

“_ The battle is imminent ! The goblins know where we are, but they will never manage to win against us. When the battle starts you will see that all the work you’ve done for this outpost will serve their downfall. The gates of Alesia will be the last thing they will be able to see before dying in a pool of blood !!”

The goblins cheered, excitation, and anticipation visible in their eyes.

‘Look at them, if they can rejoice and revel in combat, it means that they are already a functional battle group. I can’t even see fear in their eyes. Is that what parents feel when they see their own child running around ? hehe’

The Next day Grom got back to monitoring the enemy camp, but before he could arrive to his destination, he heard the cacophony of footsteps and weapons clinging. He immediately rushed back to Alesia. When he came back, he rushed to Nathan.

“_ Boss !! they are coming !!

_ Already ?!”

Nathan was surprised.

‘ They don’t lose their time ya ? Let’s prepare a welcome party to reward them for their eagerness …’

All the goblins started moving around in excitement, most of them got out of Alesia to hide in the forest following the lead of Mourzuk and Vorya. Only 30 goblins stayed inside, including Yesus and the goblins in charge of medical care.

Nathan stood next Steevie as they waited for the battle. He could see some goblin laugh nervously between themselves, when Steevie started to talk to him.

“_ Now we just have to wait …

_ Yes, they will never be able to penetrate Alesia. Steevie, focus your aim on the hobgoblins when you can.”

After an hour, as the sun shone brightly above their heads, Nathans goblins could finally see the disorganized goblins walking in front of Alesia.

As they stopped some distance away, Nathan could feel the hesitation of the enemies. After a Few second a hobgoblin walked to the frontline, while yelling to his scared subordinates to attack. An order to which they reluctantly obeyed.

It was the first wave of defence.

As Nathan was looking at the running goblins getting impaled by stakes, or falling in the holes they dug , only to get stomped to death by the ones coming after. He also saw some intelligent ones, who simply rushed sideways to escape the battlefield.

‘Oh ? wise decision, at least in the forest, even alone you have a chance at survival’

As the commander of Alesia, Nathan started to laugh loudly, as Steevie looked at him in confusion.

Nathan spoke between bursts of laughter, occasionally pointing his index finger at the few goblins who advanced near enough only to get shoot down by archers.

“_ Ahahah! Look at them ! Ahahah, Do you see them mates ?! That’s what you would look like if you were following an incompetent leader. When I look at them, I feel that we lost too much time planning.”

Seeing him laugh, all the tensed goblins on the barricades, relaxed as they laughed loudly too, mocking their enemies.

“_ Boss is right ! Look at them ! Ahah ! Even if they had wings they could probably not enter.

_ Hey, look at the hobgoblin ! He is fuming ahahah.

_ I think he is yelling at us ?! Stuuuuuupid, we can’t hear ya dumbfuck !”

Nathan even sat comfortably on the barricades to show the enemies, how useless their assault is.

As the hobgoblin pushing the front line from behind, saw his enemies mock him. He raged and insulted them, until his anger reached its limit. The mark on his body flared up with light as he rushed in the direction of Alesia.

Nathan and his men were still laughing until he saw a dark aura rise around the rushing hobgoblin, protecting him from arrows. Looking at him Nathan tensed up, and took out a Javelin, but before he could shoot, he saw Stevie throw her own javelin straight in the mouth of the yelling Hobgoblin.

The impaled hobgoblin, stopped abruptly, shock apparent in his eyes, but as he was falling, the dark Aura around it flared up twice as imposing as earlier.

Nathan and his men looked wide eyed as the hobgoblin, drew out the javelin stuck in his throat to the middle using his own hands.

‘ Whaaaaaaaat !’

“_ Whaaaaaaaaaaat !!!!!!!!”

As Nathan yelled dumbstruck losing his bearing for a second. He aimed his Javelin and fired as he roared.

“_ Stay Dead !”

His Javelin skewered the struggling hobgoblin right through the heart, stopping its action. The goblins followed Nathan’s example, firing a volley of arrows.

Nathan relaxed, as he saw the unrecognizable hobgoblin finally falling.

11