The Chief
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I watched your match. Why didn't you use your affinity?" he asked me this trying to be confident in his own ability, but I could tell that he was nervous. I knew he wanted a fight, to beat someone weaker than him. I know these types. "Ah, well you see, it didn't work. I couldn't use it." I replied. As I turned my head to look at him, I saw a big grin that revealed a set of pearly teeth, ready to devour their prey.

At that moment, I saw fire rise from the ground up and completely encase me in a torturous heat. Falling to my knees whilst scratching at my throat, he placed his foot on my head and stepped down. My head is going to get crushed...!
"Seriously? You can't even USE your power and you think you can say that to me?" This guy was shaking like a little bitch when he found out how weak he was... he's only doing this because he found someone weaker than himself. "Hey, I'm not done with you ye-". When I looked up, Friar was gone, no traces of him left behind. Thankful to whatever the hell made my head not get crushed into the pavement, I passed out right on the sidewalk.

I woke up on the side of the road, my clothes charred from the incident with Friar. Aching all over, I got up and noticed how dark out it was. How long was I out? It has to be past midnight... Walking back to my house, I noticed a faint glow around the corner. Almost instantly, I ran over to investigate. "Seriously? Doesn't this shit only happen in fantasy novels?" Before me, stood a transparent... gateway? No, a portal. Do these even exist? I've never heard of this happening. A once in a lifetime chance? I'll take it, not like I have much to lose anyway. So, without any regrets, I stepped into the portal, hoping that whatever was on the other side was better then what's over here.

My eyes adjusted to the blazing light from above to reveal a forest around me, almost shimmering blue. My senses were pushed to the limits, hearing things, and seeing things I normally wouldn't be able to see. It's almost unsettling. A twig broke. Another. Not sure what to do, I started running in a straight line, trying to find some open area. I suddenly started to hear noises. Singing and... drums? Quietly, I peeked over the bushes, and what appeared before me was a large town surrounded by a ring of tall green trees.

People of many different shapes and sizes were walking around or working. On the left side of the village was a farm for crops that took up over half the space of the area, whilst on the right side were the homes. They looked to be made out of stone, wood, and clay bricks. Each house has its own yard which overlooks a glistening blue lake. As I sat there in awe, I didn't notice the adolescent boy, about my age, running up to me with a wooden club. As soon as I turned and noticed him, it was too late. I was hit over the head and knocked out.

Awoken by a loud bang, I was immediately greeted with the clear sky. "C-Chief, he's awake!" yelled an unfamiliar, hoarse voice. I shot up from the ground I was sitting on, which felt like rough dirt. Regaining my senses, I took notice of where I was; I was in the middle of an open field by the lake across from the village, with tall trees and short grass surrounding me. Further around me were men with swords and shields closing in on me from every side. In the front center of me, an older man yet clearly larger then any of the others was making haste towards me.

"Who are you boy? What business do you have spying on us?" the older man asked. "I-I don't know where I am. I suddenly woke up in the middle of the forest and started running until I found this place.". I'll keep the portal a secret, it doesn't seem like that's something normal. Now, for how to get out of this situatio- "Do you take us for fools? You woke up in the forest? That doesn't just happen! Now I'll ask you one more time, who are you?". Of course, this old fool won't believe me, but I do want to confirm one thing... "Sir, have you ever heard of an affinity before?".

"What the hell is an affinity?"

0