Reason #1: I Will Die
301 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ugh...  my head feels heavy. I'm sweating and my throat is really dry

"What happen?"

I slowly try to open my heavy eyelids as if I've just woken up from a long deep sleep. My vision was blurry and the room was dark. It's currently night time and it seems like there is a thunderstorm outside my window as I hear the heavy raindrops hitting the glass window. 

"Where am I?" 

The bedroom feels unfamiliar and so I try to recall the last thing that happen to me.

I remembered reading that stupid romance novel, I skip most parts of it because the plot was soo predictable then I grew sleepy and fell asleep reading it. 

"Yes that's right, I should be in my own apartment, asleep in my own bed..."

This must be a dream I thought to myself. This is by far the most realistic dream I ever had. My body feels heavy and everything seems unreal. I pull off the heavy covers and step out of bed. My legs feels weak like jelly and I notice the bed that I slept on was really tall as I carefully try to find my footing on the ground and slowly fall off from bed. 

The room was lightly dimmed but I can still see my surroundings. As I walk and pass by a mirror, I saw a small girl in front of it. 

"Huh? What?" 

I touch and smudge the mirror, and rub my eyes.

"Who is this?" 

I see a small girl with long dark brown curly hair, her skin was plump, fair and white and she had big brown eyes. 

"Wow she looks like a cute teddy bear, soft and nice to cuddle. Hmmm..... must be a dream"

I murmured and self convince myself that I've indulge myself in too much fantasy novels lately. 

"Sigh Evelyn Lee...this must be a sign that you really need to cut down the web novels. Now you are even dreaming about it and  it feels so realistic!..... Haha that must be it" 

I glance at the mirror again with my eyes wide open, and played with my reflection. 

"Even though this is a dream, I'm happy that I look really cute and pretty" 

I then started to yawn and went back to bed and fell asleep again

"Too bad, that this is a dre.....am"

*********

Urghh..... the sun is blinding, my head still feels heavy 

"Look! The young ms is waking up! Quickly call the master and madam! The young ms is waking up!" 

A female voice out loudly in front of me.

" huh? Am I still dreaming?"

my vision still blurry from just waking up but I felt that something is not right. 

A young female dress in a maid costume standing in front of me was tearing up whilst holding my hand tightly. 

"Who are you?" 

As I asked that question made the lady shocked.

Then two people rush into the room with a loud BANG! 

"IVY! are you alright?!" 

"IVY! This is daddy... speak to me? Are you ok?" 

The couple held my shoulder tightly showing deep concern. 

I was confuse, I don't know what's going on.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" 

Both of them was in shock as if they couldn't believe what they heard

"don't you recognize me? Im your mother."

"Yes and I'm your father. Do you recognize us?"

I shook my head and they cried.

"My poor child...."

"Quickly Edward! call the doctor!" 

The male shouted at the butler

I paused and took a good look around my surroundings. Am I still dreaming? I then pinch and slap myself hard. 

"Ouch.... it hurts" 

This is not a dream, so where the heck am I?! 

*******

Moments later the butler came in the room with the doctor and did a thorough examination.

"It seems that ms augustine have a memory loss from the accident but apart from that everything else looks fine" 

"Will she ever regain her memories?" 

"It's hard to say but Ms augustine may recall her memories once she is back to her normal daily routine and constant communication with others may help as well" 

"Ok, lets discuss this matter further outside. Nina please help attend to the young ms."

"You get some rest first okay, we'll come back later and visit you" 

After that the doctor exited the room with my parents while Nina stayed with me. 

I stayed quiet during the whole check up. I'm still not fully awake nor am I aware what sort of situation I am in. Though on the outside I look calm but on the inside I'm TOTALLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! 

I tried to calm down and reassess the situation. Then I notice something familiar. The doctor mention ms augustine. Where have I heard that name?

"Nina, who is ms augustine?"

"young ms. You are ms ivy augustine. You are the sole heir and daughter to Duke augustine who is also one of the wealthiest and influential nobles in empire. You had an accident and you hit your head" 

"Ivy augustine? I'm ivy augustine? Wait isn't that...." 

I suddenly paused and recalled the web novel I read, the name of the villainess - the greedy and rumored to be a witch - Ms Ivy Augustine.

**********

A few days have passed since I woke up in this web novel world. 

Though it's hard to believe, even now as I pinch myself daily just to be certain, I've reincarnated into this shitty romance novel "I love you my prince" 

Urghhhhh but seriously, why this novel? 

The only reason I read this novel was because it's one of the top ranking romance web novel, but it was definitely 100% overrated because I felt that the plot of the story was soo predictable. 

I was a business women named Evelyn Lee, and I ran a successful business. When I reach my 30s and still single, I soon learn to face the facts that there are no love at first sight or handsome prince or fantasy romance. These things are not real, and that being in a relationship is a lot more complicated and troublesome then you think. As I focus most of my time in my career, I gradually stop having hopes for finding true love. 

Nevertheless, I couldn't help myself from reading romance web novels. Although I know they are not real, I enjoy entertaining myself with these fantasies and make my dreams at night all that much sweeter.

But seriously why! Why do I have to become a villainess of the story?! 

What's worst is that I skip many parts of novel and i only read parts of the important events! It's like I had a ultimate cheat sheet in my hands and I threw it away!!!

But it is certain that I will die at the age of 17, with the prince executing me by cutting off my head!!

I tried my best to recall the story line and wrote it down in a piece of paper and all that I could recall is 

" the protagonist handsome prince Leon Lambert, idolized by all of the fair maiden across the land. Although the handsome prince was loved by many, he only seeks out for one true love. then he met a beautiful princess Sophia at the ball and they fell in love at first sight and

Their love made the villainess Lady augustine jealous, and so she tried to harm the fair princess so that she can be with the prince,

The prince manage to catch the villainess in act and she was sentenced to death. Finally the prince and princess live happily ever after. The End....." 

#Reason 1 : why I don't want to marry a prince? 

Answer: because I will die ( ̄◇ ̄;)

"Love at first sight!?" "Fair maidens falling for you because you are handsome?" Urghh! So fake! Our ideals are different, we totally live in different worlds. I'm a realist and I don't believe in fairy tales like that. Furthermore, if I fall in love with him, I will die. 

Well it's great that the story turn out happily ever after for the both of you but how bout me?! Why the heck you need me to play a role in this story? Even if I don't come in, you'll still live happily ever after!" 

Wait a minute?! 

I realize that even if I don't come in, the prince and princess will still have a happy ending. As long as I don't get in their way! Which I am totally ok with that because there is no way I would want to marry a prince ! for the sake of my life!

"Even though I don't know why I'm in this story, I don't have to follow that sucky author's plot. All I need to do is avoid the prince and live my long long life peacefully as a wealthy heiress! What a wonderful idea! Muahahahaha" 

After many days feeling dreadful in bed, I can finally smile happily thinking about the bright future years to come. After laughing out loud, I smiled and slept peacefully in bed. 

However little that I know, these peaceful days were numbered....

*********

After I've recovered, I was advice by the doctor to resume my daily routines in hopes that I could recall my memories.

Before I could get out of bed, Nina whom suppose to be my personal maid, help me catch up with the current settings of story. 

Lady ivy augustine, the heir and only child to Duke Augustines and Duchess Ardele 

"Duke augustine has won many wars and earn his title as a war hero, he is also considered as his majesty most trusted advisor. He is also the leading commander of his majesty's army. Duchess Ardele, on the other hand, was a commoner, formerly a daughter of a successful merchant. Even though the Duke's family was strictly against the idea of marrying a commoner but duke and duchess was in love. 

When the war broke out, before they are wed, she waited and prayed for the dukes safe return for 6 years and once the war ended because the duke has won many wars and came back as a war hero, nobody could go against him when he insisted to marry the current duchess. The duke and duchess story was told to be one of truest love there is." 

Hearing this story brings tears to my eyes, my current parents are definitely the real example of what love suppose to be! Not like love at first sight ! Yuck! 

I'm currently 7 years old and the only child of a wealthy duke and I have loving parents who cares for me very much. To be honest, if it wasn't because I know that I'll die at age 17, I have a wonderful life here in this story! I assume because the previous ivy was spoilt and greedy, when she insisted to get in the way of the prince's love affairs that's what cause her downfall. 

"Hehe... but that's not going to happen to me. I will protect my peaceful sweet life" 

"What are you laughing about, my daughter?" 

My mother held my hand as she walk with me to show me around the huge mansion we live in

"Nothing mother, I'm just really happy to be spending time with you like this. I love spending time with mother!" 

Duchess felt touch with her daughter's sweet words and hug her tightly with great happiness.

"Aweee, you are the most adorable daughter in the whole land! And I love you sooo much!" 

"Mother I cant breath hahaha.....shall we make haste? I would like to watch how father work!"

"Ah yes, your father is currently at the training ground. I think he is training his apprentices" 

My current father is amazing, he has his own apprentice that comes and learn swordsmanship from the great swordsman himself. I'm very proud of my father. 

***********

Upon reaching the training grounds, I could hear the sounds of swords clashing. 

Two man was engaging in a sword battle, one tall and another smaller in stature. 

Mother said to watch from a far so that we will be safe from flying iron and we won't disturb them while they are in battle. 

With one final swing, one has fallen and it was obvious who won the battle in the end. 

"I can see that you are improving but you still got a long way before you could beat me. Haha haha" 

"Father!" 

I called out from a far distance

Father turn his head around and saw us and immediately dash towards us with great speed! And immediately carried me rising above the air. 

"Ivy! My sweet sweet daughter how I miss you!" 

"But you just saw me this morning father" 

"But it feels like forever....." 

father hug me tightly like mom did. This two couple really do not have any restraint when it comes to hugging their child. 

"Father I watch you practice your sword fight, you were absolutely amazing!"

"Of course! Your father is a master swordsman! Hahaha. Come let me introduce you to his royal highness" 

"Huh? His Royal highness?"

A small knight with a helmet, that was crossing swords with my father earlier walk over to greet us.

"Greetings your royal highness" 

Father put me down while Mother greeted and thought me to do so as well 

"Greetings your royal highness" 

I greeted with a smile

The boy took off his helmet and showed his face.

Then I saw, a beautiful boy with blond hair like gold and blue eyes like the ocean. It's as if he was an angel fallen from the sky and I could fantasize seeing wings on his back and shout hallelujah. 

"Greetings duchess Adele and ms ivy, its a pleasure to meet you" 

Then Father bend down and introduce us 

"Ivy this is your Royal highness Crown prince Leo, and he is also your fiancée" 

When I hear the words that father said. I smiled and I became stone stunned. 

Inside of me, my inner voice - "WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT YOU IDIOTIC MOTHER**UCKER AUTHOR!!!"    ((((;゚Д゚)))))))

******

Next chapter: #2 reasons why I don't want to marry a prince - he is too pretty

1