Reason #4: I support the 2nd Male Lead
115 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My baby needs friends and it's the mother's job to make sure he has good friends that will support him. I can't put him under my care forever so I have teach him to create an environment for himself. Not just with his female lead but also with his loyal trusting friends. 

Sigh there is soo much to do as a mother. Even though I've never been a mother myself before in my past life but now I can truly appreciate the effort that my parents put in. Even though they always nag me to meet people and find a husband, I now truly understand that they nag me out of care. 

<Even though I could not be the filial daughter for the parents of my past life but I swear that I will take extra good care of my parents in this life. So I got to live long and make sure my baby make friends and fall in love and repay me with lots of annulment pension so that I could use it and repay my parents.> 

"What are you doing nodding your head like that ? You look silly" 

"Huh? It's nothing I was just thinking deeply about something ..... hahaha" 

<I was thinking deeply about your future happiness and giving me the annulment money but I can't tell you that hohoho> 

Prince Leon and I were on our way to a tea party held by the prime minister's wife for their children. 

At last a tea party event, it's a fairly common event that nobles held to mingle and develop connections. This is the perfect place for my baby to make friends. 

Mother wanted to come along but I know that she was busy with the household arrangements so I insisted that Prince Leon escort me to the event. That way I could help my baby make more friends. Hehe I'm soo brilliant. 

"I hope there are lots of young boys our age at the tea party. I look forward to making lots of friends" 

"Huh? Why are you soo excited to meet them?"

"Well your highness, it is always good to develop connections with others. One cannot live alone on this earth. So of course I would hope that I could build a good relationship with someone for the long term. I hope your highness could find someone like that too" 

"Hmph! I don't need it." 

Sigh I forgot my boy is shy but no worries I'm sure it will turn out fine. Nobody can resist the pheromones of his. I'm sure there will be lots of people that will love him. He is the prince after all. 

Moments later, we finally arrive the prime ministers mansion. 

The tea party was held at the prime ministers garden and this was my very first tea party since I came to this world. 

I always dream of joining these events. When I read these events in the novels, despite the drama between nobles, I was looking forward to enjoy the beautiful garden scenery and the garden was absolutely gorgeous. 

In my past life, I used to live in the concrete city so looking at a beautiful lushes garden scenery was a rare sight. 

The garden was blooming with flowers and the courtyard was covered in white marbled. The garden was very wide and spacious that it felt like the whole place was full of fresh air. I was overjoyed that I almost forgot what I came to do today. 

"Welcome your highness and ms augustine, I'm Gregory Lewis, the Prime minister son. It is my honor to have both of you at my tea party today.

When I came back to my senses, I saw this beautiful figure standing in front of me. He had silver hair and grayish blue eyes and with his dark coat, it made his skin even fair. He was slightly taller than Prince Leon even though prince Leon is growing taller a lot faster these days and now even taller than me. 

*sobs* thinking about it make me feel like my baby is growing up soo fast

Then the young man smiled and kiss my hand.

<Urgh! ... oh no another handsome and attractive young man shooting his pheromones attack at me! I have to endure! > (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

"Good day to you too, sir Gregory, I'm Ivy Augustine, Daughter of Duke Augustine. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." 

"........" 

My boy was silent and he just stood in front of him

Oh my god, did he forget his manners? Hurry up and greet him already boy! 

I step on his foot and push him forward and whisper 

"You should greet him your highness, it's proper manners" 

"Cough.... I'm Prince Leon Lambert, Crown Prince of the Empire. It is nice to meet you." 

"The pleasure is mine, Prince Leon, let me escort both of you to your table" 

As sir Gregory walk ahead In front of us, I tug on to prince Leon sleeve so that he could lower his ear. 

Then I whisper to him

"Your highness, please make an effort to mingle with everyone. It is a very important role for a crown prince to build relationship with his people and you will need more trusted advisors and loyal subjects in the future too so try your best to make friends ok?" 

I look at him sternly but his face look slightly pinkish red

"Huh? Are you feeling unwell your highness? You look slightly red"

"Uh no, it is just the heat. Making me hot" 

"ok... but if your highness do feel unwell, please do inform me immediately" 

My poor baby, maybe he is a little sick that's why he was acting a little strange just now. Let's just hope he could pull through this event. I'll make sure to take good care of you later. 

As we approach the table full of noble's children, a swarm of them came approaching Prince Leon instead. 

"Please to meet your acquaintance Prince Leon." 

"Yes please to meet your acquaintance" 

As the noble children surrounded the Prince, I silently pull myself away and head over to the buffet table. 

A mother should let the children play on their own, that's how they grow up. While feeling proud of myself, I rewarded myself with the cakes and delicacies around the table till Sir Gregory pass by my side. 

"I'm very happy to see Ms ivy enjoying herself today." 

"Uhm, well yes. Sir Gregory. The food is very delicious and your garden is very beautiful. I'm enjoying myself very much" 

"I'm please to hear that. This is my first time hosting an event like this so I was feeling quite nervous."

"Oh what? Sir Gregory did you made all the arrangements?"

"Well my mother did help a little."

"But that is still very amazing! Sir Gregory you are very amazing! You should be proud of what you accomplished!" 

I was so impress that a young man his age could make such a wonderful tea party. I know for a fact that hosting an event is no small feat. A good event organizer charges millions to build a professional looking event like this and he is only a child. Wow ! 

I held his hand tightly to encourage him and thank him for inviting me 

"Thank you for inviting me again to this tea party, I'm very happy that I could be a guest at your first event" 

Gregory started to blush when he look at ivy's gorgeous smile. Gregory actually did put quite an effort into making his first tea party successful. From sending out the invitations, maintaining the garden, choosing carefully the right food and music for the atmosphere. Everything was as he planned. So it made him really happy when ivy praises him sincerely for his hard work. He never expected that he would've enjoy soo much to see a person's happy face. 

"Thank you Ms Ivy. I hope that you will attend our events again in the future and perhaps maybe sometimes we could have tea alone together" 

Suddenly my hand was pulled away from Gregory and an arm grab me from behind. 

"Sorry but My Fiancée is very busy attending her queen-to-be classes, I fear that she will not have any opportunity to visit your home"

This voice belongs to Prince Leon, when did he get here? 

"Ah I see, then maybe I'll come by and visit my lady instead" 

"The Duke's household only strictly allows those who are involve to enter, so regretfully I don't think you will be able to visit us anytime soon without going through the Duke's permission."

"Well that's good to hear then because I'm actually going to be training under Duke augustine as well" 

"WHAT!" 

"WHAT!"

"Yes, my father wanted me to sharpen my swordsmanship skills. Who better to train me other than ms augustine's father, the master swordsman himself" 

Gregory smiled leaving us speechless. 

Wow this is surprising, I never thought another handsome guy like him would be training at the Duke household. 

But wait a minute, isn't this kind of like the settings for the 2nd male lead character? 

He is handsome, smart, talented and there is some sort air of rivalry between Prince Leon and Sir Gregory. On top of that, they will also be spending time training together under the same master. 

Sir Gregory must the male leads best friend / love rival! He is the 2nd male lead! 

I was expecting a 2nd male lead in this story, every story generally have one but because I skip most part of it, I didn't know who it was. 

no wonder I grew quite fond of him, I've always prefer and support the second male lead of the romance novel. 

Even though they try soo hard to woe the female protagonist but fate was never in their favor. I always sympathize them and hope to read their happily ever after too. 

That's the life of a side character, he is like my comrade in battle and we are on the same side. 

< from today onwards, he shall be my second son. I will make sure that he will find happiness as well> 

(Author: ivy has grown delusional with her family settings, for her sake we hope that there won't be anymore sons) 

********

Prince Leon POV 

Ever since that day at the library, I've been looking forward to see ivy. 

After the sword match, there was a moment that I thought I couldn't ever held a sword again but I want to continue my swordsman training with master because I needed an excuse to go back to the duke's household and see her. 

She invited me to be her escort to the prime minister tea party today and even though I'm not fond of these events, I look forward to join her on an outing. 

Today her hair was tied in twin ponytails with a glittering yellow ribbon and she wore a simple white dress with yellow laces. Though she dress quite modestly, it compliments her very well that made her look cute and lovely. 

She is always in a daze as if she was constantly having serious discussion inside her head. Seeing her nod her head like that really amuses me. 

however sometimes her words and actions tend to mess up with my emotion which really gets me agitated with her. 

Why did she hope to see more young boys at the party? Why she wants to develop connections with them? And she wants someone for the long term? 

Does that mean she hope to meet other male interest ? 

But why? Even when she already have me as her fiancé ? 

But since it's an arrange marriage by our parents, so does that mean she is unhappy being betrothed to me? 

and She also wish I could find someone else too? Does that mean she is not interested in me? 

I felt My heart sunk to the deepest pit of my stomach. 

Even though I'm glad to see her happily looking forward to the tea party, I'm wasn't happy with the idea of her meeting others. 

Nobody can have her except me.

As we arrive the prime minister mansion, she had the brightest smile when she gaze upon the garden. I love how she smile, it really brightens up my whole world. 

But my mood was immediately spoilt when this bastard come along. How dare he kiss her hand. I want to immediately tear off that dirty mouth of his for contaminating her hand. 

I didn't even want to talk to him until ivy force me to do it. 

As her small hands tug my sleeve and silently whispered in my ear. I could feel her breath blowing and her voice was so sweet that it made my heart skip a beat. 

She wants me to mingle with others because she cares for my well being as a crown prince and I do agree that it is important to build relationship with my people for the sake of my peoples future. Sometimes I'm amaze how caring she was. 

As I was busy handling the swarm of people around me, I lost sight of her and it made me anxious. I need to make sure that no one takes her away from me. 

Then I saw, that bastard Gregory and her holding hands. 

I was so furious that something came over me. 

I immediately grab ivy's hand away from him and instinctively pull her away towards my arms. 

I glared at Gregory, pushing his invitations away from meeting ivy. 

I can see that he is interested in her 

But no matter how hard you try 

<she only belongs to me>

1