Prologue
2k 22 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First-Person

I did not like school. I thought it was boring and useless. I was always good in school and in my social life. I was tall, good looking, and smart. I had been asked out by many girls during my high school years. I did not like the attention I was getting.

Currently, I was walking back home with my friend Ella. She was the only girl in my friend group that did not want a relationship with me. That's why I liked Ella.

You don't realize how troublesome it is to be popular. You are the role model for everybody around you. Everybody expects you to do everything just because you're smart and good looking. It's not fair. There were kids who were smarter than me, but because they were not as good looking, they did not have any responsibility. I had to be the perfect boy.

Luckily, I only had to deal with it for a few more years, and then I would be overseas for college, so that was good. And, even if I did complain a lot about my life, I was still happy about it.

"Okay Blake, I'm at my house. See you later," Ella told me.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," I said back to Ella.

I was home. This was the other part of my life, the part where I didn't have to uphold any expectations. I rang the doorbell, and my dad opened the door.

"Hey kid," He said to me. He was wearing something very weird. He was wearing animal ears on his head.

"Hey Dad, what are you wearing? It's not even close to Halloween," I asked.

Dad had a confused look. "What do you mean, I'm not wearing a costume,"

"Haha, very funny. You think I cant see those fake ears," I said.

My dad had a horrified look. "How is it already happening," He muttered to himself.

"Hey Allyssa, come here," He called to my mom.

"What is it now, David?" My mom asked, coming downstairs.

My mom was wearing the same thing.

"Hey mom, why are you guys wearing these weird costumes? I don't understand?" I asked them.

"He can see through the illusions already," My dad told my mom.

What illusions? What were they talking about?

"What? The seal should have been able to hold it longer!" My mom said.

I was starting to feel a little queasy.

"Guys, stop pranking me. I'm starting to feel a little sick. I'm gonna go up to my room," I told them.

My parents looked at me with worried looks. This was weird, even for them. They were a very weird couple, but this amount of weird was unheard of.

I was starting to feel really bad. I was getting light-headed.

"Tonight's going to hurt a lot, Blake. You're just going to have to deal with it," My mom said.

Before I could reply, I blacked out.

I was woken up by immense pain. It felt like my body was ripping apart. This pain was like nothing I had felt before. It was torture. The pain kept on coming. My body was changing, my mind was changing, nothing was the same. I had pain in places that I never thought could hurt so much. There was pain on my hip. That was the most unbearable area. I eventually blacked out.

When I woke up, I was sore. My body was covered in sweat.

I felt very different. Even though I was sore, I felt very strong and much more energetic. Holy shit, the night hurt. What type of dream was that?

When I got up from the bed, I couldn't stand right. There was a strange weight pulling on my lower back and another one on my chest. When I looked back, I saw a bushy tail that was wagging. When I looked at it, it stopped moving. What the hell was going on. When I touched the tail, I jumped. It was very sensitive. Was it mine? I also felt something foreign on my head. When I touched the top of my head, I found animal ears. When I touched the ears, I jumped. It was even more sensitive than my tail.

I quickly ran to my bathroom. In my mirror, I saw a beautiful girl with light hair, a foxtail, and animal ears. When I moved, the girl moved. Did that mean that the girl was me?

Just then, I heard my door opening. My parents were standing in the doorway. They looked like me, but with more tails.

"I think we owe you an explanation," They said.

32