20 Years Later
131 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a distant land, much further than you can ever imagine, a mother's nose twisted in anger as she violently chopped onions.

"KOREN GET UP!" She screamed

A teenager, half-asleep responded robotically almost as if he knew that her screams were coming.

"I'm coming!"

He sighs, clearly annoyed.

"God, I forgot I have to go to school." He mutters to himself, hugging his pillow afraid to get up.

A minute passed and after a moment of contemplation, he gets up. After stretching for a moment, he blankly stares into his mirror. You would no doubt consider him handsome due to his silky, long purple hair and truthful blue eyes.

This teenager's name is Koren Knight, the child of Sasha the Mage, and Ian the swordsman, two of the world's most admired people due to their amazing feats 20 years ago.

He hastily grabs his new uniform which was buried under countless books and papers. The uniform is all-white with a bright emblem that says "Thellarion Academy".

Koren grasps his books and rushes downstairs to meet his 2 brothers and mother.

"Look who came down." a young man said smiling

That young man is Koren's oldest brother, Aaron. Aaron had long blonde curly hair with emerald green eyes.

"He's all grown up now." a teenage boy said wrapping his arm over Koren.

"It seems you haven't grown up but he has," Aaron replied smirking holding a cup of tea in his hand elegantly.

"What'd you say?" the teenage boy barked, frown lines appearing on his forehead.

That's Koren's older brother Steve. Steve has short straight black hair with dreamy brown eyes. He's a bit shorter than Koren which he gets teased by Aaron about.

"Oii, you two cut it out." A young lady says menacingly

Sasha, Koren's mother stops the fight between Aaron and Steve. She has long black hair with purple eyes. She looks so young you would never consider her to be a mother of 3 even though she is well over 40.

"Hmph." Steve moved his arm from Koren's neck and started eating with everyone.

"Aaron, did Dad leave?" Koren asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, he just left."

"Oh, that's unfortunate." Koren couldn't hide his smile as he looked down at his food.

Eggs and Bread what a wonderful combination Koren thought to himself smiling.

Aaron got up from his seat and hugged his mother goodbye. He looked at Koren smiling, but he inwardly was disappointed that he couldn't show Koren around the school because he graduated Thellarion Academy last year.

"Koren, do well in school and work hard. Also, say hi to Professor Ricio for me." Aaron cheerfully says while searching for his bag.

"Ok, have a good day!" Koren smiled at Aaron who upon finding his bag left for his job.

Koren while eating was looking at a pamphlet about his new school, Thellarion Academy.

"Thellarion Academy, one of the most prestigious academies for young aspiring hunters is divided for utmost convenience for all students. In here status does not define a student but skill, that is what all professors uphold in their teachings. In here students will be interacting with each other ignoring what class they are looking to be. Students will also be taught skills they will need, for example, Archers will learn the value of leadership and patience--"

"Oi Koren, we have to go soon."

Steve says shrewdly, interrupting Koren's reading session.

"Ok give me a sec~"

Koren put his dishes in the sink and went to grab his bow from his room.

"Ok let's go, Steve."

Steve and Koren walked out of there house to the train station.

All 5 of the heroes were college students, and Koren's father Ian was an engineering student going to a prestigious college. Ian brought ideas from Earth and patented them here in Thellaria. One of those things that he patented was "trains". However, instead of 1 to 1 copying trains, Ian modified it so that it would use mana which would self conserve it. This patent brought a fortune to Ian and Sasha's name.

Train stations in Thellaria could not be compared to Earth's. Unlike earth, trains are considered a luxury. The building was spotless, it was made from a marble-like material with matte black steel to hold everything together. Koren, a person who appreciated architecture really saw how amazing the whole train station was.

Steve led Koren inside the train which was spotless just like the station, but not humanless. There were some Thellarion Academy students on the train.

"Steve, why do they all have different uniforms?"

Koren asks, observing the distinct features of every student's uniform.

"Oh, 1st years have different uniforms from 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years."

"I see..." Koren says bobbling his head up and down.

"I'm going to talk to my friends how about you go talk to some 1st years," Steve said smiling before walking away.

Following Steve's advice, Koren scanned around for some uniforms that looked like his and saw a boy with red hair. After a moment of consideration, he decided to talk to him.

"Hey what's your name?" Koren asked smiling,

"M-My name is Kien." The redhead said shyly, slightly afraid.

"Nice to meet you, Kien, what class are you training to be?"

There are 5 Main Classes in Thellaria. When you join a guild or go on an expedition you usually have 5 people who are one of each main class. A mage, archer, healer, spearman, and swordsman. Most people usually train to be a swordsman or a spearman because of their easy requirements. As for Mages and Healers, you need to be able to use mana at a proficient level or else you will be stuck at a low level. As for an Archer, it may seem to be easy but it is not at all. Archers usually take place as the leader of the group and the tracker. You also have to be the one to engage the fight which raises your chance to get killed exponentially. You also have to have good accuracy, be able to tell which way the wind is going, and more.

"A healer how about you?" Kien states proudly

"A healer really? That's crazy I'm trying to be an archer."

"Ah it's not that big of a deal," Kien laughed

The two boys talked about hobbies and sports until the topic of parents came up.

"What? your parents are Ian and Sasha Knight?" Kien asked astonished

"Yep." Koren says bleakly, clearly annoyed. However, Kien oblivious to this decides to press the subject a bit more.

"I have never heard of Ian or Sasha having a third son?" Kien asked skeptically, tilting his head.

"I was living abroad for a few years..."

Kien shrugged casually

"Well, I guess it doesn't matter because you walked with Steve."

Steve walked over to Kien and Koren who were both laughing together.

"Oi, you guys we get off this stop."

Koren nodded and started to follow Steve out of the train.

"Eiiii" Kien shrieks before running out following Koren and Steve.

Steve led Koren and Kien out of the train towards a pathway to the Academy.

4