Swimming
67 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wolves continued to inch forward, surrounding Koren, leaving him no space to escape.

'Master, when I was looking for berries I saw a lake one mile north, run there and jump into it.'

Koren was telepathically communicating with Sebastian.

'What?'

'NOW'

Koren grabbed his dagger that fell when he was fighting earlier. Right when he picked it back up he immediately threw his dagger at the howling wolf.

"GOOO!" Koren yelled

The dagger flew through the air dancing in the moonlight before penetrating the wolf's remaining eye.

The only reason he could do this was due to the intense training Sebastian put him through. However, hitting something as small as an eye in complete darkness is a feat worthy of champions.

Sebastian would have clapped if he wasn't in fear for his life.

Sebastian immediately started running north ignoring all of his concerns leaving Koren with the wolves. However, the now blinded red eye wolf unexpectedly started to chase after Sebastian.

While the wolves were concerned about their leader running off, Koren took this opportunity to run back to the campsite.

"Bye!"

Koren yelled while leaping over a dazed wolf before running like a mad man. The wolves who realized what was going on ran after Koren who was already arrived at the campsite.

He grabbed his weapons before sprinting off again. Since it was complete darkness Koren knew he was at a disadvantage but knew he had to keep running or he was going to turn into wolf dinner.

He leaped onto a tree and climbed it waiting for the wolves to inevitably find him due to their enhanced sense of smell.

A minute passed and a wolf finally found its way to Koren. The wolf was ominously looking around for any traces of a human. However, Koren hid all of his tracks when running here so it was not obvious to the unsuspecting wolf.

However, luck was not on Koren's side.

*KRKK*

The branch Koren was standing on snapped in half.

"AAH." He yelled fearing for his life

Luckily he grabbed another branch to save himself from the fall. However, the wolf noticed the sound of his yell and saw him.

'Fuck, I have to kill it before it alerts the others'

Koren in a rapid succession shot two arrows at the wolf aiming for its head. The first arrow missed, but the second arrow pierced through the wolf's head.

'5 arrows remaining..'

He jumped down to the wolf's corpse and started to hide it under some leaves. However, he left some blood out as bait for the rest of the wolves.

Koren had 2 options, one kill all the wolves or two escape. Since escaping was not an option due to it being so dark, he had to resort to the first option.

Koren jumped back onto the tree waiting for the rest of wolves to smell their dead comrade.

*

"FUCK LEAVE ME ALONE!" Sebastian screamed while jumping over a log

Most people would not consider running 1 mile to be that bad, however, they do not have a giant wolf chasing after them.

"SHIT SHIT SHIT!"

Sebastian abruptly turned to the left to try and juke the wolf. Luckily for him, the wolf crashed headfirst into a tree. However, the wolf was so enraged it just continued to run after Sebastian.

Luckily for Sebastian, he had reached his long awaited destination.

"WATER!" Sebastian screamed in joy as he leaped into the green lake. following him is the (once) red eyed wolf.

Sebastian immediately started to float on the nice cool water, however, the wolf started to sink down into the lake.

"What the.."

Wolves are known for their impressive swimming ability, so seeing one sink was quite the sight.

Sebastian who was curious about why the wolf was not chasing him decided to take a look. He swam down to see the brooding, corrupt wolf fighting a rock.

After a moment it stopped showing signs of life and fell deeper into the lake, sinking to its deepest depths.

'Well this is quite the experience..' Sebastian thought to himself, happy the whole experience was over.

*

Koren amazingly had killed 6 of the seven wolves in the pack by sniping them. However, he had no arrows left to snipe the remaining wolf. He had situated all the wolfs into a large pile to use as bait in the meantime.

After a little while, the remaining wolf appeared.

This wolf had a large scar over its right eye and resonated a bloodthirsty aura among finding its comrades dead in a giant pile.

Right when the wolf decided to look down to smell to see if the wolves were alive, Koren attempted to jump down from the tree onto the wolf's back.

"SHIIT."

However, right when Koren jumped off the tree the wolf moved to its left slightly. With no place to land on Koren landed on the pile of corpses.

"AWOOO!"

The wolf looked as if it was laughing at Koren, ignoring the taunt Koren took out his axe ready for an all out duel with the wolf.

A moment of silence befell amongst the duelists who were both waiting for a chance to strike.

Koren however, decided to make his move first, he got his stance ready and threw his axe at the wolf's chest.

The wolf easily dodged this, however, it did not expect that Koren would take this chance and kick it in its ribs.

"AWOOO!" The wolf screamed in agony

In a fit of rage, it jumped onto Koren, using its large mass and knocking him down to the floor. They started to wrestle in a puddle of blood neither side getting any hits. Koren finally got onto its back, taking this opportunity he put the wolf into a chokehold.

"Awwwa." The wolf started to whimper

Koren looked down with disgust embarrassed at what he was doing and let go of the wolf. He limped over to a tree rummaging through his bag looking for a potion. He had intense pain in his left leg back from when he fell.

The wolf looked hostile for a moment before calming down and starting to stare at Koren.

Koren uncorked a potion and was about to pour it on his leg.

"Uwaaaa" the wolf whimpered

The wolf exposed a flesh wound on its leg.

Koren sighed and limped over to the wolf, pouring his only potion on the wolf's leg. Koren picked up a stick on the ground started to use it as a cane. He then starting inching his way over to the campsite to hopefully meet with Sebastian.

The wolf decided to follow Koren.

"Oh, your coming with me?" Koren said laughing in an attempt to help with the severe pain he was feeling.

"Awwo." The wolf whined

"I guess that's a yes."

The wolf and student pair slowly shuffled over to the campsite where Sebastian was waiting nervously.

He turned around to see Koren limping.

"YOUR ALIVE!" Sebastian yelled happily

"Oh, who's that?" Sebastian asked looking at Koren's new friend.

"Ah, a wolf I was fighting. But he's cool now." Koren said smirking

"Oh god, you look like shit..." Sebastian exclaimed

Koren looked 10 times worse than back when he trained with Sebastian for the first time. His whole body was caked with wolf blood and dirt. His hair was soaked with sweat and blood, if any human being smelled him they would surely throw up from the unbearable stench of flesh and blood. Not to mention his broken leg.

Koren sighed

"There's nothing I can do about it right now."

"You could go take a swim like I just did."

Sebastian chuckled

"Anyways, how did you know that the wolf would die in the lake."

Koren smirked

"Well, you remember when you told me he could not see you but sense you, I thought that instead of attacking me if I blinded him he would attack you instead."

"Huh."

Sebastian was surprised, even the most experienced hunters could not come up with such an advanced solution that quickly.

"That doesn't explain the fact that it drowned?"

Koren shrugged

"That was a gamble."

"What?" Sebastian yelled

"Remember when you said that you are derived from pure mana."

".."

"Well, lakes usually exert pure mana. So I thought that if you jump into a lake the wolf wouldn't be able to tell you between some rock."

"What the fuck…"

"What that's just a basic assumption?"

"Basic? Are you insane?"

Sebastian sighed

"Anyways, how are we going to get out of here?"

"I think I have an idea."

Koren smiled looking down at his new wolf friend.

"Awu?"

*

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Aaron answer the door, it's probably Steve's girlfriend." Sasha yelled

Aaron sighed

"Ok, mom."

Aaron walked over to the front door and opened the door.

A nauseating smell of rotten flesh and blood befell onto Aaron.

"OUGH."

Aaron started to throw up onto the floor.

"What's wrong Aaron?"

Sasha rushed over to the front door.

"Koren?" Sasha exclaimed.

However, before she could say anything else she saw a wolf stroll into her house.

"OH MY GOD IS THAT A WOLF," Sasha screamed

"Mom, calm down…" Koren smiled wearily

"Mrrr." The wolf started to whimper

"NOOO." Sebastian yelled realizing what it was about to do, but it was too late

*PSHHH*

The wolf started to pee all over the floor.

3