Skills
98 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the Tracking class ended rumors began to spread about Koren, they even came up with a new nickname for him "Crazy Freshman". Unknowing of this he eagerly waited for the end of the school day.

*RING RING*

"Ok cla-"

Once Koren heard the bell he ran out of the class ignoring the teacher's yells heading out to his training area.

"So,*pant* what skill are you going *pant* to teach me?"

Sebastian appreciated Koren's urge to learn but was taken aback by his behavior.

"Uh, yeah."

Sebastian began to clear his mind and after a moment of silence, he finally began to speak.

"What event am I most known from?"

"Killing the Demon King?" Koren answered in a mocking tone

Sebastian sighed

"Do people ever talk about the "Boomerang Arrow"?"

Koren's face began to turn grey

"What?" Sebastian asked

"You… your going to teach me the Boomerang Arrow?"

"Yeah?"

Koren leaped up from the ground and began to dance

Sebastian chuckled upon seeing his disciple unusually happy.

"Why, what's so good about that skill?" Sebastian asked curiously

"You… well, how could any person NOT know the story of the Boomerang Arrow."

Sebastian listened silently

"Well, it all happened on the Second Night of the Battle of Suffering. The Hero, Sebastian Kang was on a one on one showdown against the Demon General Raas, The General mocked Sebastian Kang's skills as an Archer and was laughing when Sebastian missed an arrow shot aiming at his head. However, unbeknown of him, the arrow turned around and flew right through his head."

Koren began to shudder from excitement.

"Every man, woman, and child has heard of this story."

Sebastian laughed, but remembered why he asked him that question.

"Well first things first, go pick up a stone."

Koren grabbed a stone that was sitting on the floor

"Now, what I want you to do is make a string of mana from your finger to the rock."

"What?"

Koren has never read or heard of making a string of mana.

"How do you make a string of mana?"

Sebastian sighed

"Ok, what I want you to do it exert a small amount of mana."

Koren nodded and began to omit some mana from his finger.

"Good, now I want you to compress it and make it as thin and long as possible."

Usually, only mages learn how to compress mana due to its difficult learning process, however, because Koren studied to become a mage sometime in his life it was quite easy for him.

Koren began to compress the small ball of mana slowly and carefully. Turning from a ball into a cylinder.

'More... More'

From a cylinder to a string, maintaining its form Koren looked to his right where Sebastian began to shake his head.

"More."

Koren sighed and began to concentrate again.

'Thinner, thinner'

'More, more'

The small line of string that was coming out of Koren's finger turned into an endless line of invisible string

Sebastian chuckled

"Use the string and wrap it around the rock."

Koren nodded

Holding a stone in his right hand he meticulously wrapped the string around the rock.

"Good, good, now the last step."

"Throw it as hard as you can."

With a giant grin on his face, Koren using all of the strength in his body threw the rock. The rock flew into the forest at almost lightning-fast speed, disappearing from view.

"Wait until all of the string is used."

Once Koren started to feel some pressure on his finger he heard Sebastian laughing.

"Now, here's the best part… pull your finger back."

Koren began to bend his finger back, and before he could even move his eyes the stone appeared right in his hand.

Upon looking up from his hand he looked forward to see a gaping hole in the tree that was infront of him. 

'Huh, that's strange'

Koren began to investigate a little further. He walked over to it to find the same exact hole in every tree that was facing in front of him.

"What the fuck…"

"Do you know what I found funny about the story you told."

Sebastian gazed at Koren eerily

"It was forgetting most of what happened."

Koren began to shudder

"I didn't only kill the General, oh no, I killed the entire Army"

"What…?"

"I took that same arrow and I killed every single one of them."

"People don't know a quarter of what the 5 heroes did, your parents probably haven't shown you half of their strength."

Koren looked at Sebastian not with envy, but fear.

Sebastian smiled

"And you… you have the potential to be greater than all of us combined."

"Now, let's go home."

Koren beamed brightly

"Yeah, let's go home."

The ghost and the unknown prodigy walked under the warm sunset.

*

Inside of a deep underground dungeon 5 hooded figures were standing around a large table discussing, however, even a child could tell that they weren't discussing in goodwill.

"NO, GODDAMMIT!" One abruptly yelled smashing his fist into the table,

"HE HAS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL THIS TIME!" A woman screamed

"IT DOESN'T MATTER, HIS BACKING IS TOO STRONG, ITS PRACTICALLY SUICIDE!"

"BOTH OF YOU STOP IT!"

A voice filled with anger and rage befell onto the table, it was coming from the head of the table.

"You are scaring our guest." He said pointing to his right where a figure was shaking from fear

"Now… he is attending Thellarion Academy is that correct?"

"Yes, my liege." One responded

"Good, good we have plenty of time. And I just so happen to have someone perfect for the job." He pointed to the last hooded figure who was silently observing the whole meeting.

The leader began to smile sinisterly as the meeting came to an end.

3