Past
79 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So what type of tree do you want us to find exactly?” Kile asked as he followed Koren out of the cave.

 

“Hmm, well to be exact it looks exactly like a normal tree.” 

 

Kile frowned

 

“So how do we find it?”

 

“Ok give me a second to think.” Koren looked at Kile for a moment before finally speaking.

 

“Mana is derived from the environment, correct?.”

 

Kile nodded

 

“Well this tree is artificial, it isn’t real, meaning it shouldn’t give off the same feeling the other trees give off.”

 

“But how are we supposed to find it, we don’t have our physical bodies?” 

 

Willow, who was listening from a distance suddenly asked.

 

“Well that’s how you guys are going to help me, your ghost form is pure mana meaning you should be able to notice the slight change in mana concentration.” 

 

“How do you know that?” Jinwoo’s calm voice had hints of malice, Koren ignored this as he explained his situation with Sebastian.

 

“So you have another ghost pal?” Kile was slightly startled by the news, but now that he thought about it Koren wasn’t that startled by their ghostly form.

 

Koren nodded

 

“Hmm, we can see what we can do.” Jinwoo looked at the other heroes before nodding towards Koren. 

 

Koren smiled brightly now that he fully had their full support. 

 

“Ok, we will have three groups. Willow with me, Jinwoo with Mair, and Kile by himself.” The heroes smiled satisfied with their groupings… except for Kile who pitifully walked away by himself. 

 

“Hmm, maybe I should’ve been alone,” Koren muttered 

 

“Nah he's fine, lets go,” Willow responded enthusiastically as she led Koren down the mountain.

 

‘Well she seems to be happy.’ Koren thought to himself as he followed her down the mountain.

 

*

 

“Damn, I envy that kid,” Jinwoo exclaimed loudly, catching the attention of Mair. 

 

Mair glanced at Jinwoo for a moment before turning forwards.

 

“In what way?” 

 

Jinwoo suddenly stopped in his tracks, Mair who usually only listened and barely spoke responded. 

 

Jinwoo smirked as he continued

 

“Well, when I was a kid I just jacked off and played video games. Here he is leading a group of legendary figures who crumpled armies with the flick of their fingers.”

 

Mair grimaced at his unexpected words but nodded in agreement. Koren was different from other kids, being called mature has been watered down so much that calling Koren mature would be an insult.

 

“Also something has been bothering me since forever.” 

 

Mair tilted her head slightly.

 

“The kid said that his parents lived on modern-day earth.”

 

“Isn’t that expected?”

 

Jinwoo shook his head vigorously 

 

“No, no, this is the same earth that you and I grew up in, IPhone’s, Boba, Windows 10!”

 

“God Windows 10 was so shit,” Jinwoo muttered as he reminisced on past memories. 

 

“So you're saying?” Mair’s eyes trembled

 

“Yes… there might be a possibility that everything that we left on earth, might still be there.”

 

*

 

While Mair and Jinwoo were walking through the west side of the island, Koren and Willow were walking through the east side.

 

“Willow, how was life when you first came here?” Koren abruptly asked which startled her. 

 

Willow sighed bitterly

 

“While Kile and Jinwoo thought of Thellaria as a god sent, I really hated it here.”

 

After a moment of silence, she finally spoke again

 

“They brought us here to do their dirty work and expected us to do their bidding like slaves.” a bloodthirsty aura emerged from Willow.

 

“And in the end, we died from Vale’s greed.”

 

Tears started to emerge from Willow’s eyes

 

“Did… did you know I just wanted to have a nice job as a librarian, have a few kids, have a good life.”

 

Willow, who was perfectly fine a few moments ago, suddenly broke into tears. 

 

Koren was about to reach out his hand to comfort her, but deep down he knew that he couldn’t do anything. 

 

He looked down and reminisced memories of when he was a child and had a dream, similar to Willow. 

 

“Dad, I want to be a historian!” 

 

Ian frowned as he looked down at young Koren, his eyes were brimming with anger.

 

“A historian huh, why don’t you become a servant too?”

 

“Huh?” Koren, startled, dropped the book he was holding onto the ground.

 

Ian picked up Koren’s book from the floor and summoned a large ball of fire in his hand. 

 

“In this world, the strong rules over the weak.” Ian’s voice was quiet, like a whisper, but his tone was fierce. Koren slowly dropped to the floor in fear, backing away from Ian. 

 

The book began to burn up in front of Koren’s eyes, the flames flickered as the ashes slowly dropped to the floor.

 

“GO PICK UP THAT GOD DAMN SWORD AND GO TRAIN!” Ian screamed as Koren ran out of the room, tears in his eyes.

 

Koren’s heart ached as he looked back at the memory, he slowly looked up at Willow who was still weeping softly. 

 

Koren held onto her hand, his hand faded through her but she looked up with a smile. 

 

“Thank you, I guess I got a little emotional.” Willow slapped her hands onto her face before walking forward, leaving Koren behind.

 

Koren smiled as he quickly ran up to catch up with Willow. 

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” A deep voice screamed from a distance, one that was undeniably Kile’s.

 

Koren and Willow looked at each other before sprinting towards the direction of the yell. 

 

*

 

“What do you mean we are still alive on Earth?” Mair shook her head in disbelief. 

 

“Do you remember what the kid said?”

 

Mair nervously laughed, Jinwoo shook his head disappointed, but he continued.

 

“Listen, he said that his ghost friend Sebastian before he died, found a tablet with coordinates that supposedly could take them back to earth.”

 

“So?”

 

“Well, ok listen to me for a second, the similarity between all of us and Sebastian is that we all are dead, were born on earth, and are now ghosts.”

 

“What does this have to do with anything?” Mair yelled extremely frustrated. 

 

“This has to do with everything!” Jinwoo yelled back

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” 

 

“That’s Kile’s voice correct?” Jinwoo asked

 

“Yup.”

 

Jinwoo and Mair both broke into a sprint following the yells. 

Authors Note: Nani here, just wanted to talk with the readers here. I really enjoy writing Thellarion Conquest and I hope you guys enjoy reading it too. I am deeply sorry I haven't been uploading as much as I used to, but I just started school meaning a lot of school work. However, that does not mean I am going to stop uploading, also tell me what you guys think of a Patreon for exclusive chapters, or is my stuff not good enough :(. Whatever it is, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and enjoy your day. Nani out-

2